Navigator Hints, tips, etc

train460

looked thru about 10 pages and didn't see anything so if there is a link please share up.

Since the refurbish, what would be your Hints, tips etc for the ship?

Any secret doors, special cups to carry, that would make our lives more enjoyable while on the cruise.

Free cards? lanyards? etc. Must bring with type things?

Best times to eat at certain places, certain must try foods?

will be my second cruise on Aug 24th.

Thanks

Michael

Cypress TX

There is a thread called OCD navigator if you search for it. The OP did a really great and comprehensive blog straight after refurb.

I am just about to post a question on it regarding disembarkation so hopefully you will be able to see it in recent blogs shortly.

There is a thread called OCD navigator if you search for it. The OP did a really great and comprehensive blog straight after refurb.

I am just about to post a question on it regarding disembarkation so hopefully you will be able to see it in recent blogs shortly.

I guess i am missing it but i can't seem to find the "search" box on this site?

can you post a link to the OCD thread?

On the same thread subject do you guys that do this a bunch, WHAT kinds of tips in general, not just Navigator specific that would be a good tip.

Two i found recenctly is to download Royal Carribean international app for the phone, it has specific ship info and also has deck plans. so that if you should have your phone handy you can pull up the floor plans of each level and see how, what, where something might be on a certain level.

Also downloaded shipmate royal carribean one, similar great info on that one also.

Michael

Tips in general, will not be on ship until March but was on sister ship Mariner:

-If leaving between Oct-Apr, pack warmer clothes for 1st and last day

-If going during hurricane season, find a parking lot that is elevated just in case

-Put wine in carry-on

-On first day sign releases for FlowRider, rock climbing and ice skating

-Do most popular events as early in the day as you can

-They will handout tickets for ice show and tenders get to distribution area early if you want a preferred time. Don't understand but they don't seem to have a limit on the number of tickets people can pickup.

-Self disembark, so ensure all luggage is rollable.

-Find out the best way to get to studio B

-Order room service breakfast on port days

-Take stairs when you can

-Eat lunch in main dinning room

-Arrive several minutes early if you have Mytime dining

-Not many people use the hydro pool in the gym

-Pick sunning spot in the solarium wisely

-Getting back on at Cozemel was a zoo, be patient if you are in line they shouldn't leave you. They might have multiple lines for each ship.

-Shower facility at gym is nice

Being patient and having a "don't worry" attitude goes a long way. There are thousands on the ship and just one experience can ruin your day if you let it. Have fun.

Sorry,

I am new to posting

Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1984388

If it doesn't give the hyperlink I would love any help on how to install the link for you! I am still trying to figure out how to get all those neat cruise countdowns at the bottom - technology unfortunately is not my strong point;)!!!!!!!!!

Tips in general, will not be on ship until March but was on sister ship Mariner:

-If leaving between Oct-Apr, pack warmer clothes for 1st and last day

-If going during hurricane season, find a parking lot that is elevated just in case

-Put wine in carry-on

-On first day sign releases for FlowRider, rock climbing and ice skating

-Do most popular events as early in the day as you can

-They will handout tickets for ice show and tenders get to distribution area early if you want a preferred time. Don't understand but they don't seem to have a limit on the number of tickets people can pickup.

-Self disembark, so ensure all luggage is rollable.

-Find out the best way to get to studio B

-Order room service breakfast on port days

-Take stairs when you can

-Eat lunch in main dinning room

-Arrive several minutes early if you have Mytime dining

-Not many people use the hydro pool in the gym

-Pick sunning spot in the solarium wisely

-Getting back on at Cozemel was a zoo, be patient if you are in line they shouldn't leave you. They might have multiple lines for each ship.

-Shower facility at gym is nice

Being patient and having a "don't worry" attitude goes a long way. There are thousands on the ship and just one experience can ruin your day if you let it. Have fun.

-There is a bridge overlook on the deck right above the bridge where you can look down into the bridge.

-It is sometimes much faster to walk the promenade deck outside to get to where you want to go.

-Do not miss the Ice show or The Quest.

-Check and reconcile you SeaPass charges mid week.

-You can go out onto the helipad. It is usually very windy if the ship is moving but you should go at least once there when the ship is docked. If the weather is warm, it is not a bad spot for sail away but there is no drink service there. :)

-Stop and look at the small chapel they have above the Viking Crown.

-If you are not sure you want to stay for the entire show, it is easier to walk out of the balcony. Just do not sit in the middle. :)

-You can ice skate during some sea days when ice show rehearsals are not in progress.

-The Windjammer has food stations in the back and not just the sides.

Just off Navigator.... here is a good tip, be sure to check out the 3p-4p "Snack time in the WJ buffet" We liked it better then lunch in there, and not crowded! The offer make your own Nachos, chips, guacamole, all the toppings, and ground beef too.

They also had hot scones and biscuits, and bread pudding etc and other desserts.

Yummy! Also, don't miss Johnny Rockets! Well worth the $4.95 p/p, food is fresh and cooked to order and the crew entertains!

Enjoy!

Just off Navigator.... here is a good tip, be sure to check out the 3p-4p "Snack time in the WJ buffet" We liked it better then lunch in there, and not crowded! The offer make your own Nachos, chips, guacamole, all the toppings, and ground beef too.

They also had hot scones and biscuits, and bread pudding etc and other desserts.

Yummy! Also, don't miss Johnny Rockets! Well worth the $4.95 p/p, food is fresh and cooked to order and the crew entertains!

Enjoy!

Which days did you have formal nights? Thanks.

Does anyone have any info on what disembarkation is like now the new duty taxes have been imposed. You used to clear immigration and be straight out the building. With the new taxes I wondered if the queues are worse/better and how it is going

Thanks

Would also appreciate any information on this topic.

I was on the first sailing out of dry dock and to be frank disembarkation was a nightmare! This most likely was in part due to arriving 8 hours late due to fog. I can say with confidence though that the new TABC tax lines did not cause the disembarkation issues that we experienced. After getting through customs you go to the area that has doors to the right and left. Right in the entrance way of this area is someone asking if you bought liquor or cigarettes. If you say no you proceed to the doors if you say yes you are directed to a table with several lines. In our case the lines were very short and it only took a minute or two to pay the tax. We didn't do self disembarkation but plan to for our May and August cruises.

Would also appreciate any information on this topic.

Tax Rates Table

Tax Rates Effective September 1, 2011

(including $ 3.00 administrative fees)

Distilled Spirits

Miniatures (2 oz. or less) (50 ml or less) $ 3.25

Half Pint (200 ml) 3.25

Pint (500 ml) 3.50

Fifth (750 ml) 3.50

Quart (1 ltr) 3.75

1/2 Gallon (1.75 ltr) 4.25

1 Gallon (3.5 ltr) 5.50

Beer

6 12-ounce containers $ 3.25

24 12-ounce containers 3.50

Malt Liquor

24 12-ounce containers $ 3.50

Wine

Fifth (750 ml) $ 3.25

Cigarettes

Carton (10 packs) $ 15.00

Pack 1.50

Enjoy!

Hello C2CMH,

I am interested on the ice skating show, is it every night and do I need to get tickets ahead of time? I appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Ibb2014, When I sailed on the navigator a year ago, you did have to get tickets for the ice show Ahead of time. They are good about letting you know when and where you could pick up your tickets. If you don't get tickets and still would like to go it never hurts to show up at show time. There are almost always a few seats available due to people not showing up that have tickets. I am not sure how often they have the ice shows. It seems like they did not have the shows every day but the days they did have then, they had more than one showing. I'm sure someone out there has more accurate info on the time of the shows. Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello C2CMH,

I am interested on the ice skating show, is it every night and do I need to get tickets ahead of time? I appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Hi, I was on the 4 night Navigator sailing just after the dry dock, and they had 4 showings of the ice show on our 4 day sailing! They ran it at two different times on two days. Be sure to check your "cruise compass" as they will list where to go and the time to pick up tickets for the shows. ( they are free) On show days, they also have a "stand by" line if you want to see the show again or don't have tickets. Have fun, it is always a good show! Consider bringing or wearing a sweater, as it can be cold in the ice show! :D

I was on the first sailing out of dry dock and to be frank disembarkation was a nightmare! This most likely was in part due to arriving 8 hours late due to fog. I can say with confidence though that the new TABC tax lines did not cause the disembarkation issues that we experienced. After getting through customs you go to the area that has doors to the right and left. Right in the entrance way of this area is someone asking if you bought liquor or cigarettes. If you say no you proceed to the doors if you say yes you are directed to a table with several lines. In our case the lines were very short and it only took a minute or two to pay the tax. We didn't do self disembarkation but plan to for our May and August cruises.

Thank you for your reply. We sail June so if you are able to let us know how it goes in. May would really appreciate it!

I was on the Navigator a little less than a year ago before dry dock so I'm not sure exactly what has changed. I will tell you that when the pool area (both decks) gets crowded it is super crowded to stay on the upper deck level and head to the very back. That deck is super peaceful, sunny or shady depending on where you move your chair, and just a generally nice group of people back there. No chair hogs back there when we were there. There was actually way more space than there were chairs. They were all by the pool but even then only on the pool level. I'd rather be on the upper deck anyway.

Debbie