Cigar Lounge

tedly1960

Anyone...is there an issue with having my own cigars and bringing them into the cigar lounge? Or are they preferring and wanting people to buy cigars from the lounge? Thx in advance.

Do not buy cigars on board in the duty free shop, they have been there for so long they have turned brown twice.

Bring your own. The cigar lounges are very nice on the ships. which ship are you going on? The BA has a great indoor/outdoor one (bar outdoors), and all have nice comfy seating areas.

Safe sailing

I never even noticed you could buy the cigars in the bar. Bring your own ;)

I don't know if they sell them in the lounges but I do they they have one in the duty free shop or at least they use to, I haven't looked for it in a long time.

Bring your own. The cigar lounges are very nice on the ships. which ship are you going on? The BA has a great indoor/outdoor one (bar outdoors), and all have nice comfy seating areas.

Safe sailing

Where's the indoor/outdoor one on the BA?

Fantastic Info ... I also enjoy my smokes and will be on the BA with my DW in September!

Anyone know the normal operating hours for the Humidor Lounge and/or the adjacent bar? Also - do they get very crowded?

Thanks in advance! Although I'll miss smoking on the balcony - getting to smoke with other Cigar Lovers can be fun too!

Regards,

Ken (and Le'Ann)

Fantastic Info ... I also enjoy my smokes and will be on the BA with my DW in September!

Anyone know the normal operating hours for the Humidor Lounge and/or the adjacent bar? Also - do they get very crowded?

Thanks in advance! Although I'll miss smoking on the balcony - getting to smoke with other Cigar Lovers can be fun too!

Regards,

Ken (and Le'Ann)

Don't think the lounge closes. If it does, it's very late. Hopefully you find other cigar smokers in there when you go. The two times I was in there on our last cruise I was the only cigar smoker. Lots of cigarette smokers in there. Some who looked at me weird when I walked in because I was holding a cigar.

Definitely liked the outside lounge the best.

This may be the dumbest of dumb questions but, what the heck - if I don't ask I'll never know.

I am Australian and here smoking is banned in almost all enclosed public areas like pubs, clubs, and restaurants. More recently most shopping malls and al fresco dining areas have gone "smoke-free"

As a life-long non-smoker I like it as I really hate having to breathe other people's "exhaust fumes" but I have heard that overseas, smokers are still pretty much free to light up anywhere, even in restaurants where people are eating.

So just what are the usual rules about smoking on cruise ships?

Edited by Colin B

This may be the dumbest of dumb questions but, what the heck - if I don't ask I'll never know.

I am Australian and here smoking is banned in almost all enclosed public areas like pubs, clubs, and restaurants. More recently most shopping malls and al fresco dining areas have gone "smoke-free"

As a life-long non-smoker I like it as I really hate having to breathe other people's "exhaust fumes" but I have heard that overseas, smokers are still pretty much free to light up anywhere, even in restaurants where people are eating.

So just what are the usual rules about smoking on cruise ships?

In New York State you can not smoke indoors at public places...many state parks have a smoking bans and some malls around here that I know of do not want you smoking on the property.

On a cruise you can only spoke in designated areas and never indoors or anywhere food is served.

Is there any outside cigar area on the GEM ?

Yes. Deck 13 outside...bar outside of spinnaker ...topsiders starboard side (believe that is the name) but def starboard side of spinnaker... nice spot with tv's. Also the Gem has indoor cigar bar too

In New York State you can not smoke indoors at public places...many state parks have a smoking bans and some malls around here that I know of do not want you smoking on the property.

On a cruise you can only spoke in designated areas and never indoors or anywhere food is served.

And of course as mentioned you can smoke indoors in the cigar lounge. 24 hours a day.

Yes. Deck 13 outside...bar outside of spinnaker ...topsiders starboard side (believe that is the name) but def starboard side of spinnaker... nice spot with tv's. Also the Gem has indoor cigar bar too

thanks...DH usually goes to the indoor place but wanted to see if there was an option outside :D