Taxi from Amsterdam cruise terminal to Brouwer hotel

prish

We will be on the Celebrity Silhouette disembarking at Amsterdam on June 9, how do I find out which cruise terminal we will dock at? I was given to understand we'd arrive at the terminal close to Centraal station but now I hear it may be at the one a little further away. Can someone please give me the link to check this?

One other question, we are a family group of eight and will need a taxi to get to the Brouwer hotel, what is the taxi situation at the terminal? Would like to book a taxi in advance instead of trying to find one after disembarking, how do I go about this? Thanks in advance:)

Edited by prish

Thank you for the warning that Sail Amsterdam would change the Aug. 22nd Celebrity Silhouette docking location. I'll be on the Silhouette as it returns to Amsterdam that morning. I need to be in Paris that afternoon or evening and had planned to walk directly from the port to Centraal and take the Thalys train to Paris.

Now, I may spend a few extra hours in Amsterdam admiring the Tall Ships. I may not have a choice.

Unfortunately, the Port's web schedule does not work for the Silhouette on Aug 22nd. Clicking on the ship takes me to information about a different ship docking the same day. I assume the ship will dock at either Felison Terminal or Felison Cruise Terminal, either of which will require a bus (75 or 82 line) and train connection to reach Amsterdam Centraal. Public transportation will be crowded I expect with Sail Amsterdam. A taxi might be better this time.

You will dock at the regular cruise terminal, east of Centraal Station. Plenty of cabs there. In case you want to prebook: http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting/plan-your-trip/getting-around/taxis

Only the sailing of august 22 will dock at a different place due to Sail Amsterdam.

Thanks a lot Ine and LHT28, I think I will prebook a larger vehicle so that we don't have wait.

Thank you for the warning that Sail Amsterdam would change the Aug. 22nd Celebrity Silhouette docking location. I'll be on the Silhouette as it returns to Amsterdam that morning. I need to be in Paris that afternoon or evening and had planned to walk directly from the port to Centraal and take the Thalys train to Paris.

Now, I may spend a few extra hours in Amsterdam admiring the Tall Ships. I may not have a choice.

Unfortunately, the Port's web schedule does not work for the Silhouette on Aug 22nd. Clicking on the ship takes me to information about a different ship docking the same day. I assume the ship will dock at either Felison Terminal or Felison Cruise Terminal, either of which will require a bus (75 or 82 line) and train connection to reach Amsterdam Centraal. Public transportation will be crowded I expect with Sail Amsterdam. A taxi might be better this time.

I'm also on the Silhouette British Isles sailing which gets back to Amsterdam on Aug 22, we dock at the container terminal Corsicaweg 10. Are you on our RC, below is the info about this. You should still be able to get a taxi to the Centraal area and catch the Thalys later in the day.

We are arriving back in Amsterdam (Aug 22) at a different port than on departure (Aug 8th) Info can be found at post #622 on page 32...as well as here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45661587&postcount=679 Check with your downtown hotel if taxis are still able to drive to the hotel.

Edited by prish

As mentioned already you will dock at Corsicahaven, which is an industrial area in the western section of town. No real good public transport there. In case you want to fly the same day to Paris, better pre book a cab that day.

I assume your cruiseline might offer a shuttle to either city centre or maybe the Amsterdam Sloterdijk station which is closest to Corsicahaven. From Amsterdam Sloterdijk are frequent train to Schiphol airport and Amsterdam Centraal.

On the other hand it is a great oportunity to see and even visit many tallships, so if you have time stay one more day in Amsterdam.

Edited by Ine

Unfortunately, I will not have the time to spend the night in Amsterdam. I can delay my departure, but not by too much. I begin a 12-day cycling tour from Barbizon (south of Paris) on Sunday. It's Paris on Saturday night. Tall ships on Saturday morning.

I should allow plenty of time to get from AMT to Centraal with the half million people joining me on the streets. Traffic will be slow. Trains will be crowded.

I just spoke with Celebrity. The representative insists the Silhouette is docking at PTA. I told her the captain and port authority should discuss Amsterdam's opinion that it is docking at AMT.:confused:

Unfortunately, I will not have the time to spend the night in Amsterdam. I can delay my departure, but not by too much. I begin a 12-day cycling tour from Barbizon (south of Paris) on Sunday. It's Paris on Saturday night. Tall ships on Saturday morning.

I should allow plenty of time to get from AMT to Centraal with the half million people joining me on the streets. Traffic will be slow. Trains will be crowded.

I just spoke with Celebrity. The representative insists the Silhouette is docking at PTA. I told her the captain and port authority should discuss Amsterdam's opinion that it is docking at AMT.:confused:

That agent better start to do her homework re August 22.

If you go to the airport you donot need to go to Amsterdam Centraal Station first to get a train. Amsterdam Sloterdijk is closer to your dockingplace and it also is outside the crowd visiting Sail. Still it is a bit too far to walk to that station, you need a cab. Also public bus is some walk, not convenient to get to Sloterdijk.

This I copied from the cruiseterminal calender:

Celebrity Silhouette

• Arrival: 22-08-15 06:00 am
  • Departure: 22-08-15 05:00 pm
  • Type of call: Turn around

• Cruiseline: Celebrity Cruises
  • Length: 319 metre
  • Decks: 14
  • Passengers: 2886
  • Flag: Malta
  • Extra information: Due to SAIL, this ship will not arrive at the quay of PTA but at Amsterdam Marine Terminal (AMT). Please visit our webpage on Attainability Amsterdam Marine Terminal (AMT) for important information about your departure and arrival.

It is absolutely impossible for cruise ships to dock at the regular terminal those days. All tallships are docked there.

LijeBaley, am sure you should be able to get off the ship early and take either a taxi or train to Centraal. If you book Thalys for the afternoon you'll have a couple of hours to see the Tall ships. We were planning to fly out that day but are now staying overnight because of the Sail event and leave on Aug 23. Have to figure out how to get from Corsicaweg to our hotel in the de Pijp area, will probably book a taxi as we don'[t want to go on the train with our bags.

Prish,

Thanks. I've spent some time in the RC thread, reading forward from the posts first discussing the Sail Amsterdam issues. It's amazing that CC is not up to speed in customer service, but still insisting to passengers that they will disembark from PTA. If people make transfer plans base on that info, they'll be inconvenienced, to say the least.

We're leaving for Miami and the Eclipse tomorrow morning. I'll delve into the excursion issues for Europe after we're back. It looks like all the RC tours (but for your Bayeux/Invasion Beaches one) are full now anyway.

You're wise to spend some time with the tapestry. There is a great National Geographic from August 1966 (900th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings) that has a 50-page article about the tapestry and the battle that breaks the tapestry down, event by event. If you've a friend who keeps copies of NG, it's worth chasing down.

Prish,

Thanks. I've spent some time in the RC thread, reading forward from the posts first discussing the Sail Amsterdam issues. It's amazing that CC is not up to speed in customer service, but still insisting to passengers that they will disembark from PTA. If people make transfer plans base on that info, they'll be inconvenienced, to say the least.

We're leaving for Miami and the Eclipse tomorrow morning. I'll delve into the excursion issues for Europe after we're back. It looks like all the RC tours (but for your Bayeux/Invasion Beaches one) are full now anyway.

You're wise to spend some time with the tapestry. There is a great National Geographic from August 1966 (900th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings) that has a 50-page article about the tapestry and the battle that breaks the tapestry down, event by event. If you've a friend who keeps copies of NG, it's worth chasing down.

LijeBaley, this is not the first time X gives out wrong information, probably not the last either:D They told me the Silhouette would dock at a different Amsterdam terminal after our Batics cruise, which is why I started this thread in the first place.

Yes, most of the tours are full as of now but there are sure to be others. Thanks for the tip about the 1966 NG, will try and get hold of i, maybe the library would be a good place to look.

Most people apparently want to spend the whole day doing the D Day sites, I know this was a very important part of 20th century history but I want to see something else too, the Bayeux Tapestry is again an extremely old and historic piece. You wouldn't be interested in going, would you?:)

Enjoy your Eclipse cruise and see you on the Silhouette in August...

Edited by prish

I saw the tapestry in '99. My wife hasn't seen it and it warrants another viewing. I missed Point du Hoc last time and wish to visit it and the major invasion areas. There is more to see than there is time to see it.

I saw the tapestry in '99. My wife hasn't seen it and it warrants another viewing. I missed Point du Hoc last time and wish to visit it and the major invasion areas. There is more to see than there is time to see it.

LijeBaley, post on the RC when you get back from your Eclipse cruise, we can rent a car for a DIY trip or go with a guide. We're in port till 9pm, so we can do quite a bit IMO.

We will be on the Celebrity Silhouette disembarking at Amsterdam on June 9, how do I find out which cruise terminal we will dock at? I was given to understand we'd arrive at the terminal close to Centraal station but now I hear it may be at the one a little further away. Can someone please give me the link to check this?

One other question, we are a family group of eight and will need a taxi to get to the Brouwer hotel, what is the taxi situation at the terminal? Would like to book a taxi in advance instead of trying to find one after disembarking, how do I go about this? Thanks in advance:)

For June 9th it will be PTA close to Centraal Station. Disembarkation on

August 22nd is at the container port, due to the Tall Ship festival.

At each port there will be plenty of taxis. This is what I was told when I emailed PTA. Mary

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you pick up your luggage in the PTA terminal after you debark. I was going to meet our driver in the Movenpick lobby.( Celebrity Silhouette ) in Amsterdam.

Thanks,

Connie

Edited by runnerandme

Does anyone know if you pick up your luggage in the PTA terminal after you debark. I was going to meet our driver in the Movenpick lobby.( Celebrity Silhouette ) in Amsterdam.

Thanks,

Connie

Where else would you get it from ?? :eek:

Yes of course you pick it up on your way out of the terminal

:):)

I am also on the Silhouette returning to Amsterdam on Aug 22nd. I wrote to the port of Amsterdam and they informed me that we would be moved to dock at 10 Corsicaweg (Marine Terminal) which is a commercial dock outside of the central area. This is because of the congestion caused by the SAIL event. When I had contacted Celebrity they did not know about the change.

Hope this helps. If you go to our roll call you will see several postings on this topic and others have also had the same confirmation form the Port of Amsterdam!:)