The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Southern Caribbean B2B on the Jewel of the Seas!

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny AZ Girl,

As previously mentioned your review was one of the best I've ever reado on Cruise Critic...well done indeed!!

We board the Jewel Aug 23rd for b2bs and you review has us pumped!!

In your post you said, "I did notice the Diamond Lounge set up in the evenings from 5-8PM in the Hollywood Odyssey right next to the Vortex on Deck 13".

Quick question...did they leave information about the Diamond Lounge in your room? How were you made aware of the location and hours?

Sunny AZ Girl,

As previously mentioned your review was one of the best I've ever reado on Cruise Critic...well done indeed!!

We board the Jewel Aug 23rd for b2bs and you review has us pumped!!

In your post you said, "I did notice the Diamond Lounge set up in the evenings from 5-8PM in the Hollywood Odyssey right next to the Vortex on Deck 13".

Quick question...did they leave information about the Diamond Lounge in your room? How were you made aware of the location and hours?

Thank you for the kind words.

I actually saw the Lounge & the sign when we were in the Vortex Lounge for something else. I hadn't looked for the Diamond Lounge before that since we are not big drinkers. They did leave information about the Diamond benefits in our room. To be honest, I didn't look at it very carefully until our last day (Sea Day) on week one. The first week was so busy that I wasn't looking for more to do. However, we did enjoy the Diamond Lounge almost every evening on Week 2.

Enjoy your cruise! I am sure you will have an amazing time.:)

Hello Ginny,

Hands down...EXCELLENT!!!! review. Great job on putting this together. I really appreciate the time and the efforts that you did in writing this review.

WELL DONE! and again Thank you!

I am on the Jewel on August 23rd and really appreciate your review.

Maria :D

Hello Ginny,

Hands down...EXCELLENT!!!! review. Great job on putting this together. I really appreciate the time and the efforts that you did in writing this review.

WELL DONE! and again Thank you!

I am on the Jewel on August 23rd and really appreciate your review.

Maria :D

Thank you for your kind comments. You will love this itinerary and the ship. Come back and tell us all about it.:cool:

DH, me and DD and her boyfriend are doing a 10 day southern cruise on Jewel Jan 2015, we loved our Seranade cruise out of New Orleans, so we are trying the smaller RCCL ships. We had to cancel a 12 day on the Quantium which we had booked since 2012 because of new jobs, and limited vacation time off.

Two questions, first what type of camera did you use taking the under water photos, I need to get a new one as my Fuji died on trip to Mexico. Never purchase a Fuji.

And secondly, do they have the Coke machines that allow you to get your own drinks if you purchase the drink package. Exployer of the seas does, but Serenade did not.

We will get to experience the Anthem but not until 2016. Loved your review, and I will go back and take the time to look at all the pics. I believe another person was interested in your type of camera as well. Thanks for taking the time for your review.

Leah

...do they have the Coke machines that allow you to get your own drinks if you purchase the drink package. Exployer of the seas does, but Serenade did not....

Jewel has the Freestyle Coke machines.

Jewel has the Freestyle Coke machines.

FYI, there are only two of them in the back of the windjammer and they frequently weren't available early in the morning. Since I don't drink Coffee, I found that a little annoying.

FYI, there are only two of them in the back of the windjammer and they frequently weren't available early in the morning. Since I don't drink Coffee, I found that a little annoying.

None near the Centrum? On Enchantment, they have the Windjammer machines and one near the Centrum.

None near the Centrum? On Enchantment, they have the Windjammer machines and one near the Centrum.

I think Jewel was one of the last ships to get them and I'm pretty sure the 2 in the WJ were the only ones, but I've been married 33 years, so I know I have been wrong once in awhile.

• 4 months later...

Ginny,

I read your review some time again and it has stuck in my had until now. We will be heading out of San Juan on Adventure in May with your same ports and I cannot begin to tell you how much it has helped to plan our trip! Your review has truly helped point us in the right direction for our trip. Thank you so much for that!

Not only did I enjoy your review, I absolutely love your group of friends/travel buddies! I would love to be a part of such a wonderful group of people! You all know how to live life and have fun together!!!!

Thank you so much for allowing us to enjoy your trip along with you and I can't wait to come back and let you know how we enjoyed what we borrowed from you! lol

Ginny,

I read your review some time again and it has stuck in my had until now. We will be heading out of San Juan on Adventure in May with your same ports and I cannot begin to tell you how much it has helped to plan our trip! Your review has truly helped point us in the right direction for our trip. Thank you so much for that!

Not only did I enjoy your review, I absolutely love your group of friends/travel buddies! I would love to be a part of such a wonderful group of people! You all know how to live life and have fun together!!!!

Thank you so much for allowing us to enjoy your trip along with you and I can't wait to come back and let you know how we enjoyed what we borrowed from you! lol

Where is my like button. :) We are a great group of friends and Ginny is the best at writing reviews. I envy that.

Lisa & Norine,

Thanks! I am certainly checking into it. I know we are going to duplicate the one you did in St. Lucia and we are staying at the Tres Palmas Inn as well. I'm going to check into the St. Kitts one today. You ladies are the best (in case you didn't know)!!!

Ginny,

I am so glad you found the review to be helpful. I second Norine on the Clay Villa tour. Have a great cruise and let us know how it all went for you upon your return.......And yes. These are a great group of ladies (and gentelmen)! I am proud to call them all my good friends. Some of the best!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ginny,

Do you remember how they handle the safety drill on day one? I remember that dining times were adjusted to accommodate the safety drill, but I don't remember the details. It will soon be time to make my MTD reservations for my May cruise and I don't want to have to make changes once they are set.

Heidi

• 1 month later...

Ginny,

Don't know if you are still receiving notifications from this site or not, but just in case I have to tell you how much I have enjoyed your review. We just got home two weeks ago from many of the same ports cruising on the Eclipse. I have bookmarked some of the websites you and Lisa recommended. We were at the beach club in St Kitts but arrived late and all the umbrellas and chairs were taken. But now I know they can be reserved in advance, thanks to you! We are returning next February so we will go back there for sure with a reserved umbrella waiting. My DH and I have sailed on the Brilliance of the Seas 4 cruises and the Radiance once in the past, doing one btb in the Med. We are so happy to have found this Panama cruise for October 2015 from LA to San Juan before the refurb. On other ships those changes have not been for the better, in my opinion, although I loved the Oasis and Allure when they were new. But it will be a welcome step back into some of our most memorable cruises when we board the Jewel in it's original design! So thanks again and looking forward to running into you on Jewel in October. :)

I hope this doesn't go away because I am doing the exact same itinerary July 2016 for my anniversary. I guarantee I will be going back to Carambola and Coconut Beach Clubs. Likely Maho again in St Maarten but not sure since I've been there twice. But I enjoyed it both times. Undecided on the others. I have to research St Lucia to see what we will do. I likely won't do the same tour again.

Thanks for the enjoyable review! Doing our 1st So. Caribbean next year on the Adventure. Love your beautiful pictures!

Thank you for the nce comments. You will love the itinerary. I have never been on the Adventure, but have been on several of her sister ships and they are beautiful ships. You will have a great time.:)

I was on this Jewel cruise with Ginny and am also booked on the Adventure next year. When are you going? Our cruise is scheduled July 16th 2016

We still have kids in school, so we're limited in our vacation times. We're going for spring break, sailing 3/26/16.