Park and Cruise

shuttlebuggy

Okay fellow cruisers, seriously need your input on this as next week I need to work out the logistics on our plans to drive to the port area of Fort Lauderdale, and park and cruise options. Have any of you found a reasonable option?

We would like to leave the car at the hotel lot after staying a night. How does this work? :confused:

We have only stayed in hotels that have a free shuttle to and from the port, however, we now stop in Cocoa then night before then drive to our parking garage in Fort Lauderdale. We park in a safe parking garage, 5 stories. The cost is $8 a day and they have a free shuttle to and from the port. Let me know if you want info on them. (We have used them for years.)

Okay fellow cruisers, seriously need your input on this as next week I need to work out the logistics on our plans to drive to the port area of Fort Lauderdale, and park and cruise options. Have any of you found a reasonable option?

We would like to leave the car at the hotel lot after staying a night. How does this work? :confused:

Try this website! :D

Cato :)

https://www.hotelnparking.com/

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

We park at Air & Sea Parking at 2125 Federal Highway- which is A1A. Their entrance isn't on A1A. You have to turn off A1A then make an immediate right into the lowest garage. I was wrong about the daily amount they charge. They charge $9 a day now, $63.00 a week.

The phone number is 954-530-1467, email is airandseaparking.com

It is very close to the port but you have to call them when you get off the ship for pick up but that's no big thing as they are so close.

I don't know where you are coming from but we always drive now from the NC coast. We stay at what used to be an Econo Lodge but is now Americans Best Value Inn in Cocoa. We always stay there the night before our cruise. It is an easy on & off to 95. It takes us about 3-4 hours to get to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. We get a senior discount so usually pay $59. It is clean, most rooms have been freshly painted and some have new furniture. They have a sort of hot breakfast, eggs toast, etc. (When we go out of Port Canaveral they also have a free shuttle or you can just park your car there and pay for the shuttle if you come from FL.) Their number is 321-632-4561, orabviportcanaveral.com.

We are true cruise-a-holics. Have taken 61 Carnival cruises and are Platinum on Princess, have 10 NCL, 4 Costas, Celebrity and don't know how many RCCLs. And we have been on ships of 5 cruise lines that no longer exist! We started cruising in 1985!

Edited by Bonnie J.

Thank you ALL! Will be going into booking something early next week.

Bonnie J and others you are WAAAAAY ahead of us in the number of cruises taken!

We are newbies in comparison with our third one coming up.

We are on a limited income and go when we can.

The Air & Sea parking is right in Fort Lauderdale, VERY close to the port. It is their own shuttle- it only takes people parking in their garage. There is no cost for their shuttle. They park your car and you just get on their shuttle which is a large van.

Ask and they email directions to them.

We winter in Fla and don't need a hotel the night prior to the cruise and we've used the Air & Sea Parking that BonnieJ suggested. Their rate is the best and they shuttle you over to the port. However, if you HAVE to stay overnight and get a hotel anyway, some will offer free parking and shuttle.

• 1 month later...
We park at Air & Sea Parking at 2125 Federal Highway- which is A1A. Their entrance isn't on A1A. You have to turn off A1A then make an immediate right into the lowest garage. I was wrong about the daily amount they charge. They charge $9 a day now, $63.00 a week.

The phone number is 954-530-1467, email is airandseaparking.com

My husband and I are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale in May and I'm also looking for a place to park and shuttle over.

BonnieJ.... do you know if this place is still open? I did some searches and that web-site is taking me to a different location. 901 Old Griffin Rd. Dania Beach, FL 33004

I have used Park N Fly in Ft. Lauderdale many times. Go to PNF.com for rates and details. Use the Port Everglades option, not Ft. Lauderdale which will be for the airport. Good service, private van for parkers, no need to show documents at port entry security. The drivers help with luggage and stop right at your car at beginning and return.

• 2 weeks later...

We JUST got off the Fantasy this morning and the week before that we were on the Sunshine do I didn't get your question until now.

We have always used this parking garage even though their name has changed a few times but the service hasn't. I suggest you call them, I gave you their number.

WE didn't like Park & Fly, you park in the open there in a BIG lot and its farther from the port.