Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Cabin 16006 - Cabin Interior 356.3 sq ft (44.1 sq ft bathroom + 312.2 sq ft living space). Balcony is 38.6 sq ft and has steel instead of plexiglass. It should have a double sofa bed and a shower only.

Hope this helps.

Bret

Thank you Bret. That is very helpful. It seems amazing that you have measurements to the 1/10th of a square foot. I don't think any of the on line deck plans are drawn to that level of accuracy so I guess you must have another source.

Dave

They are192 sq. ft. (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) 42 sq. ft balcony with plexiglass.

they don't look directly onto a life boat but you will see the top of a lifeboat when looking down.

They don't have bath tubs just showers.

They are just about in the centre of the forward recess so will have the least limited views of all the balconies in the recess.

You will of course be able to open the outer third of the balcony divider and have a large family sized balcony.

nice pair of adjoining cabins

Pete

Any info on 10152 noise from elevator/lifts?

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me about cabin 11084? It is a corner balcony that I have seen pictures of but I was wondering what the room size is and if there is a sofa? It appears to be a narrower room but that may not be true. Thank you, Alice

It is a standard balcony cabin and will have a couch. It is a very large balcony with a very limited view. There have been pictures posted of these balconies on this thread and several others. You can learn a lot about the cabins on Divina if you read this entire thread...But for now, just scroll through and look for pictures. Post #492 on this thread has pictures of this type balcony, although that one is aft with forward view. Yours is forward with aft view. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Can anyone tell me about cabin 11084? It is a corner balcony that I have seen pictures of but I was wondering what the room size is and if there is a sofa? It appears to be a narrower room but that may not be true. Thank you, Alice

Cabin 11084 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 123.8 sq ft and has plexiglass. It should have a sofa and a shower (no tub) only.

Bret

Thank you EM and Brett for your replies. I have seen the pictures of similar balconies which is why I chose this room. I am very sensitive to the sun and am very excited to have such a large, shaded balcony. I just was not sure what the actual room would be like as there seems to be so much veriation on this ship. The other benefit of this balcony, I am assuming, is not much wind since it appears to be so enclosed. Thanks, Alice

Looking for info on the interior specs, sofa tub/shower combo. I know it is a larger balcony but I will probably change if no sofa or chair in room.

Nothing is available but after final payment date I am sure availability will change.

Thanks

Cabin 11259 has the same dimensions as cabin 11084 discussed above, except your view will be limited aft but okay forward. You will NOT have a tub. You will have a full couch that does not make into a bed. EM

Not a problem at all Jenn! We're all here to help each other.

Cabin 10057 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. This cabin should have a double sofa bed.

Bret

Hi there! I am trying to find out some information on aft balcony cabins in the msc musica family ships. We have booked rooms 10247 and 10242 and were told the balconies were significantly larger. Now I am reading online reviews of people saying it is the same as other side balconies. Can you tell me which is actually true? I was hoping for the larger balcony which is why I booked that particular location. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone could give us some information on balcony 9219 please it would be much appreciated. We are sailing August 27th, 2016 and are new to MSC.

Thanks. Happy cruising.

It is a standard balcony cabin of 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) and has a balcony of 42 sq. ft.

It also is one of the few cabins , outside the Yacht Club , to have a bath tub. a nice feature of this cabin.

As for position it is deep within the rear recess and as such will have less than a full 180 degree field of view.

You will have something like 20 degrees of view blocked on either side so you'll have the central 140 degrees of field of view. Not too bad, if you think the cabins three doors up only have 90 degrees field of view.

It could also be shaded by the hump walls, which may be a blessing if, like me, you don't like direct sun on you.

This where it is on the ship

9219_1.jpg

Pete

Thank you for the information. I don't mind a little shade so as not to cook too much. Am I correct in thinking that because the bathroom is larger, there is not a couch, only a single seat?

Thanks again for the info.

Happy cruising.

Thank you for the information. I don't mind a little shade so as not to cook too much. Am I correct in thinking that because the bathroom is larger, there is not a couch, only a single seat?

Thanks again for the info.

Happy cruising.

This is true. I posted pictures on a thread, as we had one of these cabins. I will try to post again...

DSC00022_zpsnoz2gpv8.jpg

DSC00023_zpsh1gmt2ta.jpg

DSC00024_zpsmjsjzxs3.jpg

DSC00025_zpshvpk7wy7.jpg

DSC00026_zpstp78x471.jpg

Tub reflected in the mirror

DSC00029_zpsspu5t1g4.jpg

EM

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Bret, do you have info on Cabin #12093 on the Divina?

You are going to be sorry you offered! LOL! No hurry...

Thanks!

Edited by suzyed

Bret, do you have info on Cabin #12093 on the Divina?

You are going to be sorry you offered! LOL! No hurry...

Thanks!

12093 is one of the big corner balcony cabins.

it is a standard size, 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) the balcony is 124 sq. ft.

It does however have a limited field of view and can only offer views rearwards because of the hump wall (90 degrees)

your balcony will be similar to this

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

12093 is one of the big corner balcony cabins.

it is a standard size, 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) the balcony is 124 sq. ft.

It does however have a limited field of view and can only offer views rearwards because of the hump wall (90 degrees)

your balcony will be similar to this

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete

Thanks! This is our first MSC, so wasn't sure about this configuration. There are pros and cons to all....I love the size of the balcony since I enjoy sitting out and having my coffee in the morning and a drink in the evening. Do any of these bigger balconies have lounge chairs or foot rests for regular chairs?

The shade does not bother me...although some sun would have been nice. ;)

We usually prefer more "aft" cabins and this is further forward and higher up than we usually get...I hope the motion of the ocean is not too too much! Your thoughts on that?

Edited by suzyed

Thanks! This is our first MSC, so wasn't sure about this configuration. There are pros and cons to all....I love the size of the balcony since I enjoy sitting out and having my coffee in the morning and a drink in the evening. Do any of these bigger balconies have lounge chairs or foot rests for regular chairs?

The shade does not bother me...although some sun would have been nice. ;)

We usually prefer more "aft" cabins and this is further forward and higher up than we usually get...I hope the motion of the ocean is not too too much! Your thoughts on that?

You can certainly ask for loungers for your balcony. They have them on the stern balconies as you can see from this image

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

All the MSC ships have stabilisers fitted and they seem to work well, on the times , I've been on them I haven't had any really bad motions on any of them, but saying that , my wife has felt the problem on 2 of our 14 MSC cruises. So it can be an issue but not one that appears to crop up very frequently.

Pete

• 1 month later...
If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

HI Bret, any chance of getting the dimensions for Divina cabins 10007 & 11010? Thank you so much!

HI Bret, any chance of getting the dimensions for Divina cabins 10007 & 11010? Thank you so much!

10007 is 355 sq. ft. (living area 320 sq. ft. bathroom 55 sq. ft) balcony ~135 sq. ft.

11010 412 sq. ft. ( living 377 sq. ft. bath 55 sq. ft.) balcony ~ 135 sq. ft.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Ooops...looks like Pete beat me to it. But since I was already copying & pasting....

Cabin 10007 - Cabin Interior 354.7 sq ft (35.0 sq ft bathroom + 319.7 sq ft living space). Balcony is 32.8 sq ft and has steel sides. It should have a convertible double sofa and a bathtub.

Cabin 11010 - Cabin Interior 411.7 sq ft (35.0 sq ft bathroom + 376.7 sq ft living space). Balcony is 32.8 sq ft and has steel sides. It should have a convertible double sofa and a bathtub.

Pete's dimensions are showing the balconies much larger. A video (

) of Cabin 11009 seems to support that.

Bret