Vatican museums with full Italian lunch

nelblu

Better idea is to head down the hill to the Cipro Metro stop and go to Bonci Pizzarium! Excellent pizza al taglio in a multitude of toppings, and also supli and other goodies. Maybe a 10 minute walk from the entrance to the Museums. From there, get on the Metro to your next destination.

(do a 'net search of Pizzarium and you'll see why I love it)

• 1 month later...

Last year when we were booking tickets for the Vatican I asked our tour guide the same question. She told me not to book the lunch at the Vatican, that she would show me a better place. The place was ARLu in Borgo Pio about three blocks outside the Vatican complex. Check it out on Trip Advisor.

Is the Vatican Museum (Sistine Chapel) connected to St. Peter's Basilica.

It is connected, but the "connector" is supposed to only be open to tour groups with a guide, and only going FROM the Sistine chapel INTO St. Peters.

The only way to access the Chapel (whether with a guide or on your own) is by going through the Vatican museum.

It is connected, but the "connector" is supposed to only be open to tour groups with a guide, and only going FROM the Sistine chapel INTO St. Peters.

The only way to access the Chapel (whether with a guide or on your own) is by going through the Vatican museum.

I was hoping that we could go directly to St. Peter's after the Sistine Chapel as my wife can't do a lot of walking. Any special treatment for people with disability.

I was hoping that we could go directly to St. Peter's after the Sistine Chapel as my wife can't do a lot of walking. Any special treatment for people with disability.

I'm not sure. Nominally the entrance is for tour groups with guides. Occasionally others will go through without challenge, but whether it will be allowed is up to the mood of the guards that day.

I know the Vatican does make other accommodations for people with disabilities, so I would try to check with them directly. Maybe you can locate a contact on this page from the official Vatican museums site regarding visitors with a disability: http://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en/visita-i-musei/servizi-per-i-visitatori/accessibilita.html