hurricane going to Bermuda!

sailingnut

Good luck!! I just cruised on Celebrity Summit to Bermuda and Norwegian was sailing right next to us the whole time from out of NY. Both ships had to be diverted due to hurricane Cristibol the week of August 24th. We wound up in Port Caniveral for a day and Nassau Bahamas for a day. We had sunshine for the most part during the whole cruise which was nice but the seas were quite rough while heading to Bermuda. We left out of NJ on a Sunday and by late Monday night our route had been changed.

There were a total of three ships showing up in Port Caniveral that weren't scheduled to be there that Wednesday, and four in Nassau Bahamas. Everyone was super though, the buses and taxi's did as much as they could to get thousands of people around on shore and the Captains made the right choice. Instead of having a miserable time in Bermuda with rough seas and a hurricane, we had sunshine and an extra sail day to enjoy the ships ammenities. We also got complimentary OBC as well as a refund on our port fees so it wasn't all that bad and we didn't have to face anymore rough seas.

Bermuda is still on my bucket list though!! I hope you don't have this bad weather but, tis the season as they say. Enjoy your cruise :) I'm already looking forward to my next, which is why I'm now looking on this board! Epic to Caribbean perhaps :)