Military credit?

dg33

You need to visit the Celebrity website in more detail. Find a cruise you are interested in and click on the cabin category you like. It will then ask you what state you live in, over 55, military and captain's club. If any of those qualify for a discount it will then show up. Discounts generally do not combine often and do not apply on every cruise.

Celebrity will SOMETIMES, (but not often) offer a "military rate" on selected ships/itineraries. I have found that the "over 55 rate" is usually lower than any military rate. :o

Celebrity does NOT offer OBC to military people like Princess does. :(

Military people booking a Princess cruise through some online sights can combine ("stack") multiple different OBCs that can add up to sizable amounts.

The upcoming 17 night Star Princess repositioning to Valparaiso from LA, was recently priced as low as $799pp... and you could get $150 OBC from the online site, $250 OBC from the military benefit, and ANOTHER $250 OBC if you own Carnival stock. :eek:

THAT makes for a VERY reasonably priced 17 night cruise! ;) :D :cool:

Edited by teecee60

Princess offers OBC for military? That's awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Once you fax your DD214 to Princess, it is kept with your personal information and you don't have to send it in again. My DH's OBC ($100 for a 7 night and it refundable) showed up automatically for the next two Princess cruises we have booked. You do, however, have to resend stockholders information within 3 months of saliing date. I guess that is because people sell stocks all the time so one needs to provide the information each time.

No Military OBC like Princess...that is a real bonus on Princess/Carnival lines:p

They do advertise a military rate on some cruises...but no where near the deal of the Princess military OBC.

Plus the stock program is not usable on Celebrity if you have any other perk...so much better on the Princess ships, where it is combinable with everything.

The Princess OBC credit for vets is a terrific program. Once you have faxed in the required information (such as a DD214) the approval gets tied to your Captain's Circle Account. When you book any subsequent cruises the OBC is automatically granted without having to reapply. It is the gift that just keeps on giving. And unlike X and RCI....Princess does usually allow you to "stack" OBCs...so we often go on a Princess cruise with hundreds (and even over $1000) of OBCs. On any 2 week cruise we would start off with $250 for being a vet and another $250 Stockholder Credit. Then add to that other OBCs offered by the cruise line, cruise agency, etc.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

• 1 month later...

Even though it says on the Princess web site "Once approved, the onboard spending money will be automatically applied to any future cruise you book!", I just learned that is not the case if you applied before 2014. I applied for my husband and myself in 2013. The Princess representative also said they cannot access my folio from the 2013 cruise when the credit was applied. When I said I was very disappointed because no date was mentioned on the web site, they said they would talk to marketing and that I could reapply. Unfortunately, our military records are in a safe in another city and I cannot get to them before our cruise in two weeks.