WDW Animal Kingdom Question

Jasjas

Does this help address your question?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/disney-animals/

The park is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA); I'd say the only Audio-Animatronics are dinosaurs in Dinoland and life-size "insect" actors in the "it's tough to be a bug" theater.

Thanks ericopia....I was just not sure...My 9 year old granddaughter will LOVE the Dino's anyway.... Which table service restaurant would you suggest...we are a group of 12 ranging in age from 9- 68 year old...

Jasjas

Thanks ericopia....I was just not sure...My 9 year old granddaughter will LOVE the Dino's anyway.... Which table service restaurant would you suggest...we are a group of 12 ranging in age from 9- 68 year old...

Jasjas

I would suggest you check out Intercot. Very similar to this site but all Disney. You can look at menus and such of restaurants and see what they offer. Most of the ones at Animal Kingdom are quick service meaning you order and they give you a tray with your food and you seat yourself

allears.net is honestly one of the most comprehensive websites for all things Disney. Deb has had this site up and running for maybe 20 years.

You will be able to basically find out anything you need on here.

The disboards are another fantastic place to ask and read tons of information. And mousesavers.com is a great place to read about discounts for disney.

Animal Kingdom is known for not having great dining options. You might be better just getting a quick serve meal for lunch there and then dinner somewhere else.

Rainforest is a good option though.

OR--since you are staying at the Boardwalk eat at one of the restaurants there or go across to the Beach Club and eat there. If you have a park hopping ticket which is well worth the extra money, go to another park and eat there.

Animal Kingdom usually closes about 6 pm which is much earlier than the other parks.

The Kilamanjaro Safari is great. We do it first thing in the standby line and book fastpass for early afternoon to do it again. Each ride is different and you will see different animals at different times of the day. It has hippos, crocodiles, zebras, monkeys, elephants, wild dogs, giraffes, lions, cheetahs, ostriches, wildebeest, warthogs, gazelles, and other animals.

There are two trails that have more animals and smaller paths that have a few animals.

We usually fast pass Kilamanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest (a roller coaster) and either Kali River Rapids or Dinosaur.

Animal Kingdom is a lot of fun.

If anyone in your party is an animal lover, be sure not to miss the "exploration trails" in the park.. that's where all of the animal exhibits are - and they have some spectacular ones! Komodo dragons, tigers... I would also recommend the fast pass for Kilimanjaro Safaris - they have done a great job with that exhibit. I also liked the Rainforest Café unless you want to plan a character meal, but you have to do that well in advance.

Flame Tree BBQ is the BOMB!!!!!

Prices are super reasonable and the food is delicious.

Picnic tables right by the river.

Last time we ate there, Mickey and Minnie pulled up right next to our table on a boat.

It was great!!!!!:D:D

I'd also add that if you're a party of 12, definitely ... DEFINITELY ... book dining reservations as soon as you can nail down when and where you want to eat. I think the largest tables in full-service restaurants are for parties of six or maybe eight; the restaurant will need to plan ahead to receive a party of 12.

Guests staying in Disney hotels can make dining reservations for their entire stay, 180 days from the start of their hotel stay. Other guests can book 180 days from the date they want to dine. Some of the most popular restaurants can book up solid within a day or two of when reservations open, and they don't hold back tables for same-day walk-ups. Use the website (Disneyworld.com) to make dining reservations online so you don't have to pay for an international long-distance call.

I'll also second the recommendations for allears.net and the forums at disboards.com -- you'll find even more Disney expertise there than here (unless you're asking about a Disney cruise). :)