Another Orlando to Port Everglades Question

DShock

I'll be attending a convention in Orlando Aug 23-26, staying at the Hyatt Regency Orlando (close to convention center). Wife and I need to get to Port Canaveral on Sunday morning, August 27th. Does anyone have experience with either a private limo or small (not a giant bus) van service you would recommend or use again? Also, What time would you recommend we leave Orlando Sunday morning?

I'll be attending a convention in Orlando Aug 23-26, staying at the Hyatt Regency Orlando (close to convention center). Wife and I need to get to Port Canaveral on Sunday morning, August 27th. Does anyone have experience with either a private limo or small (not a giant bus) van service you would recommend or use again? Also, What time would you recommend we leave Orlando Sunday morning?

Port Canaveral or Port Everglades?

Yes, as you noted the popular shared shuttle services (Cortrans, First Choice, Atlantic Transportation Group, etc) do not normally include the convention center area hotels in their pickup circuits. Their focus are airport and theme park hotels.

This does not mean they won't pick you up - but you need to call to make sure. Do try First Choice because they pick up at many hotels although the bus may be bigger than a simple van!.

Mears is the service of choice for many Orlando hotels and you may want to start with them for a quote (shared or private)

Instead you may want to consider a one-way car rental which can be surprisingly cost-effective.

Private rides are certainly the most convenient and you should start with Uber, then companies such as Orlando Chauffered Services, Mears, Stylus, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and 888-Transportation (the shuttle not taxi). These companies all use minivans, small vans or sedans. OCS is a limo company.

Edited by SteerageJoe

If your hotel has shuttles to the airport, take the shuttle to the airport then catch Cortran at the airport on Sunday morning to the Port. We did this and it worked great - CorTran charges $20/pp each way, no deposit, pay when you get on shuttle. Highly recommend.

If your hotel has shuttles to the airport, take the shuttle to the airport then catch Cortran at the airport on Sunday morning to the Port. We did this and it worked great - CorTran charges $20/pp each way, no deposit, pay when you get on shuttle. Highly recommend.

This^^^

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This^^^ If no shuttle, uber to mco is probably about $20. so you can figure that into estimates for shuttles from your hotel to the port.

Nowadays it seems only Disney offers free shuttles to/from Orlando airport! If you stay anywhere near the convention center, International Drive or Kissimmee the hotel airport shuttles are $$!

• 2 weeks later...
Ace Luxury Transportation quotes $158.00 one way for two people from Hyatt Regency Orlando to Port. Now considering renting a car. Which rental car agency is closest to Port?

Distance does not really matter at the Port. They are all close. On the rare occasion there may be a traffic backup and you can walk or benefit from being only 0.5 miles to terminal 1 from National, Alamo and Enterprise.

Just pick one that suits you best!

Rental-Car-Map.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at doing the same thing on the same morning (27th August) we will be in Orlando for Universal/Disney in the days prior and cruise leaves the 27th. I was thinking Car rental was going to be best but wasn't sure who to go through. Thanks for the info!

can highly recommend smart-two.com max 8 passengers very good communication/booking and excellent service.

Used them this may and they adjusted their pick uptime to match our flight arrival (we were early) and have a great service

We used them and stayed at a hotel that was included on their list but did toy with the idea of shuttling to the airport and picking up there.... They are great! We will not use anyone else.