HHV from Dukes???

fayerussell

Just take the walk along the beach from Duke's to HHV!!! I did it in reverse many a night. It's not that far, and not that bad a walk.

But, the fireworks are maybe 5 minutes long - up to you if it's worth it. You can sit on the beach at Fort DeRussy next door, or on the beach in front of HHV itself. The fireworks are launched from a barge in the middle of the HHV lagoon.

Having mobility issues would make the walk less than enjoyable. Along the beach there is a "sidewalk" part of the way but it involves some beach and steps along the way. The walk on Kalakaua Ave would be long for a 5 minute show. Personally, I would enjoy the nice evening walk along the beach to see the fireworks but the show would not be worth it to me if getting there is difficult. The view of Waikiki and the music in the evenings is so enjoyable I hope you have a good time. Cherie

I agree with cccole. Probably not worth the walk to see the fireworks. And, fireworks can be seen in any city. My suggestion for a fine evening would be a stop at any of the oceanfront "lounges" along the beach in Waikiki. Favorites of ours are the Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian and the Banyan patio area at the Moana Surfrider. Both have great music and hula in the evenings while enjoying a cool drink and pupus. Enjoy!!

If you decide to venture out, Dukes's at the Outrigger Waikiki is located in-between the Banyan at the Moana Surfrider and the Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian. Both have beautiful music and dance in the evenings and as Kopoho2 says would be very enjoyable, and easy to access from Dukes. Maunalua is a group that plays at Dukes on Friday evenings from 4-6 and sometimes someone will get up and do impromptu hula. I think evenings on Waikiki are magical. Cherie

If your mother is mobility-impaired, then the beach walk would most likely be out. Even walking along Kalakauna would be a ways. Either grab a cab if anyone really wants to see those fireworks, or just give up the fireworks and enjoy a leisurely evening closer to your hotel.

The Sheraton would be in the way. There is a paved pathway along the beach from the side of the outrigger all the way down to HHV

I may be wrong, not the first time, but I remember the paved path beginning on the other side of the Royal Hawaiian, and then after the Sheraton you have to go down steps and across a bit of beach to reconnect with the path before the Halekulani. Cherie

I may be wrong, not the first time, but I remember the paved path beginning on the other side of the Royal Hawaiian, and then after the Sheraton you have to go down steps and across a bit of beach to reconnect with the path before the Halekulani. Cherie

Different paths :). There's a big stretch of beach outside the Royal Hawaiian then yep, there is a path outside the Sheraton with steps, then you're back to sand outside the outrigger and then the path I referred to starts. Best bet from a dukes would be to not hit the path until you pass the outrigger and then walk down the path that runs along the side of the hotel to meet up with the beach path. I'd think from anywhere along that path you could see the fireworks.