Late flight Orlando airport food options ?

Sunny2020

We will be meeting another couple pre cruise in Orlando.

Both our flights arrive around 9:30 pm.

The other couple wants to get something to eat , either at the airport or off the first exit to Port Canaveral.

I offered to pack them a sandwich , as our flight is non stop and theirs has a tight connection. But, no go.

The airport guide has a food court, which has options, but, do we pass through that on our way to baggage claim ?

Any help would be appreciated.

I fear we may be driving around Orlando at 10:30 pm or later trying to feed our friends before we head out to Port Canaveral and our hotel.

:eek:

There is a TGI Fridays, Denny's and Hooters less then 5 minutes from the airport. Fridays is on Semoran Blvd, on the left side of the street and Dennys is on your right. TGI Fridays number 407-855-7000. They are open till 2:00 AM

Hope that helps. There really isn't anywhere to stop once you head to PC, once your on the Bee Line. When are you cruising?

We will be meeting another couple pre cruise in Orlando.

Both our flights arrive around 9:30 pm.

The other couple wants to get something to eat , either at the airport or off the first exit to Port Canaveral.

I offered to pack them a sandwich , as our flight is non stop and theirs has a tight connection. But, no go.

The airport guide has a food court, which has options, but, do we pass through that on our way to baggage claim ?

Any help would be appreciated.

I fear we may be driving around Orlando at 10:30 pm or later trying to feed our friends before we head out to Port Canaveral and our hotel.

:eek:

The following places are in the Food Court that's in the center of the Main Terminal:

Chick-Fil-A-- closes 11pm

Fox Sports Sky Bar-- closes 11pm

Hemisphere's Steak & Seafood-- closes 1230am

McDonald's-- closes 1230am

there is a Chili's in the Orlando airport... and there is a a Maggianos or Macaroni Grill...can't remember which it is

there is also Hyatt in the airport...I would try calling these places to see when they close

If you aren't picky on what to have there are MANY fast food restaurants around the airport. We landed in Sanford and was able to find a Subway/Publix just 2 miles from the airport. We even noticed a BUNCH of stuff right in PC when we were there. LOTS to choose from. Safe Travels.

If you are staying near the port don't waste your time by the airport. The port has great food options. All newer and a lot of fun. You won't be sorry! We found it cheaper to rent a car for 9 days and park it at the hotel for free rather than shuttle or cab.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There's a Macaroni Grill in the airport as well as a Chilli's to go...in the food court there's Chick Fil A, Mickey D's and some other fast food options (& a Krispy Kreme :))

When you leave the airport (taking the North exit) and follow the signs to 436 (Semaron Blvd) you'll run into a Chilli's, Tony Roma's and some other restaurant, just outside the airport. If you continue further you'll see a Joe's Crab Shack and Harry's High Tide (among other choices on 436). If you get on 528 (Bee Line) toward Port Canaveral, you'll be hard pressed to find something directly off the highway...Narcoosee would be your last option but it will be down the street from the exit. Then there will be nothing until you hit Cocoa Beach.

If you are staying near the port don't waste your time by the airport. The port has great food options. All newer and a lot of fun. You won't be sorry! We found it cheaper to rent a car for 9 days and park it at the hotel for free rather than shuttle or cab.

will they be open by the time they get there at 11:00 PM or later?

there is a Chili's in the Orlando airport... and there is a a Maggianos or Macaroni Grill...can't remember which it is

there is also Hyatt in the airport...I would try calling these places to see when they close

These places closed between 8p-9p.. I only listed the places that would be open late.

How has no one mentioned Waffle House. I'm sure you will pass 40 of them, and they taste best in the middle of the night.

There is one west of the airport, but none between the airport and Cocoa Beach.

disagree with this plan

With flights arriving at 9:30 you'd be hard pressed to get a car and get to Canaveral area b4 11pm and even on Fri - Sat, 11pm is closing time for most places in and around the port

AND - once you get on 528 at the airport you ain't gonna see NUTHIN' 'til you get to the port area.

As others have said, either pick a place IN the airport or what I'd do is exit the airport to the north on Semoran and within 2 miles of crossing 528 you'll run into a slew of standard roadside chain places - Chilis, Hooters, Bonefish etc etc. Then is is an easy back to 528 and the port in about 45 minutes....

Take everyones advice, eat out of the airport, take the north exit, of the airport nothing on the south. Also gas stations in that area tend to rip people off, so you have to drive past the first two and save at least $2.00 a gallon ( they are building a WAWA in that area and they will have lower prices). Now the price I saw going to work is about $5.99 at the rip off places 1/2 mile up the road at the 7-11 and race track $3.41. Also going to the port from the airport is a toll road, (straight shot, but there is nothing near any of the exits (excpet the 2nd one) after that expect about an hour dirve past cow fields.(morman church land).

Archived