Valley Church Beach/Dockyards - Antiqua

beshears

I have read some about the Valley Church Beach in Antiqua.

We are two older ladies, and are ONLY looking for a beach just to lay on the sand. If you have been there within the past 3 months, would you recommend it? Can we walk from the pier there, or do we need a Taxi to take us there?

I have seen where people have visited Dockyard? Can you tell me what there is to see, maybe do, there?

I was at Valley Church with my my Mom and Sister in September, and we LOVED it. The scenery is gorgeous with the white sand and beautiful turquoise water. There is a bar and restaurant there and you can rent chairs and umbrellas there. If I remember correctly, it was $5 for chairs and $10 for umbrellas. It was about a 20 to 30 minute taxi ride there. If you do decide to get into the water, be ware that there is a bit of a drop where the sand is very soft. I hope this helps :)

Thanks for getting back with me in regard to Valley Church Beach in Antiqua. So if we get a Taxi (I had read that you can also get a bus, but I don't know what the number would be to take it there?), how much pp would it cost each way?

Thanks for getting back with me in regard to Valley Church Beach in Antiqua. So if we get a Taxi (I had read that you can also get a bus, but I don't know what the number would be to take it there?), how much pp would it cost each way?

We were just there two weeks ago and it was lovely. Agree about the drop-off to the deeper water but def not too bad. We paid $8pp each way for the taxi. Our driver made arrangements with us for a time to return and it worked out perfectly! Enjoy your visit...wish I was still there ;)

Love!! Valley Church Beach, was there 3 days ago on Serenade of the Seas. The bus is $1.50 per person each way. But, there is some walking involved. From the cruise ship to the bus terminal about a 15 min walk. A 5 minute walk from where the bus drops and picks you up. It was my favorite beach on the cruise. Enjoy!!!!!

Well since there is a little bit of walking involved (I could do it), I think we will do the Taxi, as my friend had back surgery a few months ago, and still is not up to par. I do want to check this beach out.

Love!! Valley Church Beach, was there 3 days ago on Serenade of the Seas. The bus is $1.50 per person each way. But, there is some walking involved. From the cruise ship to the bus terminal about a 15 min walk. A 5 minute walk from where the bus drops and picks you up. It was my favorite beach on the cruise. Enjoy!!!!!

Is the bus stop easy to find when getting off the boat?

The bus terminal is easy to find. Walk straight off the dock, turn right. The bus terminal is across from a market. Once you leave the port area, just ask one of the local folks. There is an information booth to direct you to the correct bus. Have fun[emoji474]🏻[emoji950]

Just a warning to those who have knee or a back problem or are older.

We are in our late sixties and last month off the Eclippse, we visited this beach as we have done on two prior visits. The drop off entering the water has increased due to the sever erosion that has taken place during storms. This drop off is the most severe that we have encountered anywhere in the Caribbean and is harder to leave the water then enter.

Just be careful or choose another beach.

Hal

Just a warning to those who have knee or a back problem or are older.

We are in our late sixties and last month off the Eclippse, we visited this beach as we have done on two prior visits. The drop off entering the water has increased due to the sever erosion that has taken place during storms. This drop off is the most severe that we have encountered anywhere in the Caribbean and is harder to leave the water then enter.

Just be careful or choose another beach.

Hal

I second this.

My husband and I were at Valley Church last Thursday. Its truly a beautiful spot with white sand and that gorgeous blue water, but as mentioned above there is a drop off a few feet into the water. You can actually see where the drop occurs as the sand suddenly 'disappears into the blue.

What is deceiving though is how soft that drop is. This is what makes getting out of the water more difficult, as once you try to 'step' onto the higher section of sand closer to shore it collapses due to the softness. I saw more than one person need helping hands to get past this ledge and back up to the beach.

We used a cab from the port, shared with others who were headed to Turner Beach. Mervin of EZ Taxi was great, took us out to Valley Church and after we agreed on a return pick up time he said "OK...no need to pay me now then. You can pay after I get you back to the port". He arrived right on time for the return trip.

Thanks for the warning of Valley Church Beach drop off, as we plan to be there next week.

If you were there recently taken by cab, what is the charge pp each way? I was thinking a while back someone said $8.00, but that seems like a lot of money each way, unless it is about a 25 or 30 minute drive.

Thanks for the warning of Valley Church Beach drop off, as we plan to be there next week.

If you were there recently taken by cab, what is the charge pp each way? I was thinking a while back someone said $8.00, but that seems like a lot of money each way, unless it is about a 25 or 30 minute drive.

It was $8pp each way. The trip to Valley Church is indeed about 23-30 minutes from the port.