Worried about booking 3 night Bahamas cruise on Carnival Victory

cruising mickey

Hello,

I've read reviews which are all over the place about the Victory's 3 night Bahamas cruise; everything from that it's a total drunken party cruise to it being a wonderful experience. Due to time and budget restrictions on our end, would this be a good honeymoon cruise to go on?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It's what you make of it.

Any shorter cruises are going to have a more...ahem...rambunctious crowd. But dollars-to-donuts, Carnival is going to provide you pretty much what they're charging you for, a fun, casual, high-energy few days away.

If you're looking for luxury and romance, it wouldn't be my first choice, but if it's within your budget, go have fun.

It's what you make of it.

Any shorter cruises are going to have a more...ahem...rambunctious crowd. But dollars-to-donuts, Carnival is going to provide you pretty much what they're charging you for, a fun, casual, high-energy few days away.

If you're looking for luxury and romance, it wouldn't be my first choice, but if it's within your budget, go have fun.

I agree; well-stated.

Hello,

I've read reviews which are all over the place about the Victory's 3 night Bahamas cruise; everything from that it's a total drunken party cruise to it being a wonderful experience. Due to time and budget restrictions on our end, would this be a good honeymoon cruise to go on?

Thanks in advance.

It can be both, right? :)

Edited by Dalewood

It can be both, right? :)

It can be, and often is. While shorter sailings tend to accentuate the former, by far it is the latter.

I've been on longer sailings that were uncharacteristically "rowdy". I've been on quickie sailings that were like cruising on a floating morgue.

In both cases I was able to avoid what I didn't want and/or find what I did.

On a honeymoon, chances are you won't make it out of the cabin much for it to matter. :D

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Generally, cruises less than 5 days have the nick name "booze" cruise. Also remember that this will be a very cheap cruise, which likely means plenty of not too worldly straight pax who might not be too friendly when meeting LGBT travelers. Personally, I'd never sail on Carnival/NCL for that reason. We Choose Cunard/Celebrity/ Princess in that order.

Edited by keithm
grammar correction

Generally, cruises less than 5 days have the nick name "booze" cruise. Also remember that this will be a very cheap cruise, which likely means plenty of not too worldly straight pax who might not be too friendly when meeting LGBT travelers. Personally, I'd never sail on Carnival/NCL for that reason. We Choose Cunard/Celebrity/ Princess in that order.

Why do people always assume that just because Carnival pulls in less affluent clientele that they're somehow automatically intolerant? And that wealthier passengers on other lines are somehow paragons of acceptance?

I've had good and bad experiences on both Carnival and Celebrity. If anything, Carnival's younger crowd is likely to be more accepting.

Why do people always assume that just because Carnival pulls in less affluent clientele that they're somehow automatically intolerant? And that wealthier passengers on other lines are somehow paragons of acceptance?

I've had good and bad experiences on both Carnival and Celebrity. If anything, Carnival's younger crowd is likely to be more accepting.

I'd say look at the South in general! Those areas that are more affluent seem as a whole to be more tolerant & less bigoted. The South as a whole has the lowest rates in education, health & have the highest in fundamentalist religion (America's own little Taliban!) I'm not saying the affluent are a paragon of acceptance, but as a whole the group tends to be more "worldly", due to education & the ability to mix with other groups. Sorry, Stari, but after seeing a primarily southern group on our Feb.7 trip on the Regal Princess & their total lack of class(and this was the majority of the ship) causes me to stick to my opinion. Carnival is not the only line guilty of this type of behavior, but they get a disproportionate amount of pax from the region.