Miami Hotel Post Cruise

snnc2005

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay for one night post cruise? Our flight is not until 6pm following day of disembarkation - looking for somewhere near to the cruise terminal. So far everything I have found either has no bar/restaurant or has nothing around the area or is in a bad area (according to reviews)

Thanks in advance

Budget? :confused: Date? :confused: The $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in August Check the FLA board for more info and suggestions: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Look in the Mary Brickell area - Homewood Suites or Hampton Inn - lots of local dining & nightlife options. About a $13-15 cab ride from the port - another $25+ cab will get you to MIA the next day.

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay for one night post cruise? Our flight is not until 6pm following day of disembarkation - looking for somewhere near to the cruise terminal. So far everything I have found either has no bar/restaurant or has nothing around the area or is in a bad area (according to reviews)

Thanks in advance

We've stayed twice at the Hampton Inn at Brickell. Good hotel, excellent free breakfast and good area for eating out at night. There are restaurants close by and even one next door to the hotel. The area is very safe to walk about in. It is rated very highly on Trip Advisor. The last time I looked it was number one in Miami.

I stayed for a few days at the Hilton Miami airport. It's an older property but it's been nicely updated. I did not eat in the on-site restaurant but it looked nice enough. It has an outdoor pool area with a bar. There's also an indoor bar which I did sample and it was quite nice. I would say at this property again if the price was reasonable, and you can't beat the proximity to the airport

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've stayed twice at the Hampton Inn at Brickell. Good hotel, excellent free breakfast and good area for eating out at night. There are restaurants close by and even one next door to the hotel. The area is very safe to walk about in. It is rated very highly on Trip Advisor. The last time I looked it was number one in Miami.

We were looking for the same - 1 night post-cruise with an 8pm departure on the following day. We booked the Hampton Inn at Bricknell, they have an AARP rate with a 2pm checkout, which suits us fine.

There are hotels near the port. They range in price.

For hotels with a bar inside places such as Marriott and Intercontinental are good options.

As mentioned the Florida Departures Board is where you might want to post this but as someone who visits Miami often and posts on this board this is a list of hotels I would consider. They are at different price points.

Intercontinental (closest to port)

Marriott Marquis (newest of most of the hotels)

Holiday Inn Port of Miami (near Bayside which is a touristy area for restaurants/stores. Is being purchased and supposedly building will be taken down).

Hampton Inn (includes a very nice breakfast and is near Mary Brickell Village which has a wide variety of restaurants including some local one of a kinds and also some shopping)

JW Marriott (a couple of blocks from Mary Brickell Village)

Conrad Hilton (also a couple of blocks from Mary Brickell Village)

Hyatt (a few blocks from Bayside)

There are others both more upscale and a few that might be cheaper but I think this is a good list to start with.

Keith