Purchasing water for Southampton cruise

jonj

We will be on a 12nt cruise out of Southampton in 2017. We are staying in London for two nights and taking a car service to the cruise terminal on the morning the cruise begins.

Looking for some suggestions on where to purchase a 24 pack of bottled water to bring onboard with us.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jonj

We will be on a 12nt cruise out of Southampton in 2017. We are staying in London for two nights and taking a car service to the cruise terminal on the morning the cruise begins.

Looking for some suggestions on where to purchase a 24 pack of bottled water to bring onboard with us.

Thank you

If you're taking a car service from London, probably near your London hotel would be best. Where are you staying?

Thank you

When I cruise on Princess I order water through my cruise personalizer I believe it is a 12 pack and the price is very reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's something, and with all due respect to anybody who feels differently than I do. I bring two or three empty water bottles or how many I might need and fill them with water from the bathroom and put them in the fridge in my cabin. The water on every ship I've ever been on is quite good and very very safe to drink. It's the same thing we have in NYC. There are a lot of bad things you can say about NYC but tap water is NYC is pure and no different in the slightest from bottled water. Now I know I'm not talking about a lot of money but what a pain to shlep around bottles of water. At least, that's the way I feel.

Edited by MATHA531

I normally feel the same but a case of water from RCCL is $60 which is ridiculous. Plus we are on a 12nt port intensive cruise so we will want it to go on shore with. I guess we can purchase a few bottles in port as needed

If you want to buy bottled water, the Tesco Express mentioned by Twickenham - on the Strand near your hotel - is simplest & about as cheap as any of the major grocery stores.

Sometimes its not the pennies that matter, it's about not wanting to be ripped-off.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Norwegian has changed what you can bring on-board :mad: This change was made about 4-5 months ago. Per Norwegian's policy "Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages of any kind including water, soda and juices etc.

I was not a happy camper when they made this change! On my last cruise with Norwegian Jan 9th 2016 I was able to bring Water & Soda.

Has anyone recently taken any water or soda on a Norwegian cruise.

I wonder how well they check the bags out of Tampa?

Russ :cool:

Norwegian has changed what you can bring on-board :mad: This change was made about 4-5 months ago. Per Norwegian's policy "Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages of any kind including water, soda and juices etc.

I was not a happy camper when they made this change! On my last cruise with Norwegian Jan 9th 2016 I was able to bring Water & Soda.

They probably do the soda part at the behest of pepsi because of the overwhelming number of Norwegian passngers like me who prefer coke products and that cuts into their revenue and pepsi's revenue, obviously. :o :mad:

I wonder why you post this on a ports of call board? Why not post it on the NCL board, but you will find that NCL is very strict about searching so don't even bother to sneak on bottles.