signing up for speciality rest. and internet

ranles

New to R7S. Will be doing 21 days in Feb-Mar. mariner. We did the tours, but next will be booking the optional two eateries with reservations.

Anyone care to share how this internet process goes? Do we pick specific nights, times and table sizes? Is there a limit on how many nights?...by place or in total? Big on Prime 7, cordon bleu less so. Is there like a matrix, or some other format?

Second: don't have hardware to get internet on the ship, but will have free access because of being Silver...taking this trip. Are there sufficient machines for general use that we will be able to check e-mail a half dozen times?

Thank you...did not see these ?'s addressed elsewhere.

New to R7S. Will be doing 21 days in Feb-Mar. mariner. We did the tours, but next will be booking the optional two eateries with reservations.

Anyone care to share how this internet process goes? Do we pick specific nights, times and table sizes? Is there a limit on how many nights?...by place or in total? Big on Prime 7, cordon bleu less so. Is there like a matrix, or some other format?

Second: don't have hardware to get internet on the ship, but will have free access because of being Silver...taking this trip. Are there sufficient machines for general use that we will be able to check e-mail a half dozen times?

Thank you...did not see these ?'s addressed elsewhere.

Welcome to Regent. You may book one reservation in Prime 7 and one reservation in Signatures online. You indicate how many are in your party and whether you wish to share a table with others or only dine with your party. You will be shown the dates and times available for booking.

I don't know the exact number of computers available for general use but there are probably about 15 computers available. You shouldn't have any problems checking e-mail or surfing the internet. In my experience, it's rare that all the computers are in use at any one time.

Hope this helps.

If there is someone who you want to dine with, you can specify that but will need their booking number. Once on board, you can usually get a second reservation.

Agree with the last poster about internet access in the Internet Cafe. There are multiple computers available. The best time to access them is early in the morning, when most passengers are in port and during dinner.

I have a question about the 7 seas society levels , according to the literature on the site, it state you are welcomed into the society automatically when you complete your 1st cruise. Do they overlook this and allow the tiers as you sail on the first cruise. Our first cruise is 10 days do we start as a bronze or wait till we are finished?

Jim:):)

No, I don't believe they overlook this. With the possible exception that I'm sure you can book a second cruise onboard and get the Seven Seas Society discount if there is one.

The only other substantive benefit is the SSS cocktail party. If everyone became a member on boarding, then the cocktail party would automatically be for everybody on the ship, rather than for returning guests.

Ideally, I'd like to dine at each premium restaurant twice in our 16 day cruise. This means reserving each once online and hoping I can get second reservations when we board. Any experience on whether it is better to book two early dates online and hope that later dates are still open when we board, or whether it is better to book two late dates online and hope that early dates are still open when we board?

You are allowed one reservation in each of the specialty restaurants for each 7 days you are onboard. We recently returned from 14 days on Mariner and made all 4 of our reservations online before we departed. If you are concierge level reservations can be made 90 days prior to departure. I am not sure about the other levels, but you should be able to book online.

Also don’t discount the opportunity to dine at Signatures. I am a steak guy but thoroughly enjoyed both our evenings there. All the dining venues on Mariner are very good. I am sure you will have wonderful cruise.

You are allowed one reservation in each of the specialty restaurants for each 7 days you are onboard. We recently returned from 14 days on Mariner and made all 4 of our reservations online before we departed. If you are concierge level reservations can be made 90 days prior to departure. I am not sure about the other levels, but you should be able to book online.

Also don’t discount the opportunity to dine at Signatures. I am a steak guy but thoroughly enjoyed both our evenings there. All the dining venues on Mariner are very good. I am sure you will have wonderful cruise.

When was this rule changed to seven days? It was always one night in each restaurant for each cruise. Multiple bookings were only allowed if you were on a B2B.

You are allowed one reservation in each of the specialty restaurants for each 7 days you are onboard. We recently returned from 14 days on Mariner and made all 4 of our reservations online before we departed.

Unfortunately, you are not allowed one reservation in each of the specialty restaurants for each seven days you are onboard. Your Mariner cruise, which was sold to you as a 14 night cruise, was comprised of two seven-night cruises that could be booked separately. Regent considered that you were on two cruises for restaurant reservation purposes. That's why you were able to make four specialty restaurant reservations online. The normal limit is one online reservation in each specialty restaurant per cruise, regardless of the length of the cruise.

To my knowledge, nothing has changed...... you can book one reservation per restaurant. The length of the cruise doesn't matter except that the longer the cruise, the easier it becomes to make additional reservations. We do book our two dining reservations during the first half of the cruise and have never had difficulty getting a second reservation (although you may sometimes not get the time you wish or a table for two).

busdriver475: I'm not certain what you are asking. You become a Seven Seas Society member at the conclusion of your first cruise. However, if your cruise is 21 days or longer, you receive the "Silver" benefits on day one.

Are you referring to the Concierge Level suites when you said "tiers"? Anyone who is booked in a Concierge Level suite receives the benefits associated with that suite immediately.

This is a bit difficult to answer. Hope I helped a bit.

What does concierge level do for a couple? Rooms seem same size. What does penthouse concierge do for one?

Thanks all

Penthouse and above suites have always included a butler. On the Mariner, Penthouse suites are considerably larger than deluxe suites. On the Navigator, they are the same size and on the Voyager, the Penthouse suite is about 15 square feet larger but a square rather than rectangular configuration.

In 2012 the "Concierge Level" program went into effect. Here is a link to the benefits: http://www.rssc.com/experience/concierge-amenities/ . The only value that I can see is that people in Concierge Level suites can book dining reservations and excursions earlier.

We are going on a 27 day cruise in November 9 from Monte Carlo to Buenos Aires. This is our first cruise with Regent. As the cruise length is longer than 21 days, would it mean that we get Silver status as soon as we board? What are the benefits of Silver membership?

Free Internet and phone time are both huge, ESP when you get to gold. These are the main reasons we can cruise with regent for itineraries over 7 day as we both have businesses to manage still. On silversea, we end up using most of our onboard credit on Internet, and that is with being very frugal, downloading all emails then reading them offline, composing responses offline, then going on and uploading them all at once.

Thank you.

Looks like our internet will be no problem, but the dining cannot be depended on for advance booking. With three weeks, only one night in each of the two speciality dining rooms!? Even with only two seating in Prime 7's 50 seat place, it easily allows capacity for 3 times for EVERONE.

Josephone -

Concierge level isn't worth the extra money imo. The rooms ARE the same. I can book both dining and excursions at the normal time from home and get what we want. There really is no benefit to being able to book early.

The penthouse does have a butler on Regent. We have never used one on Regent. But we have on land vacations. Our primary reason for doing so then was that we got reserved spots in shaded areas around the pool, a cooler brought down to our chairs first thing in the morning with beverages and the best tables in the restaurants (and we were able to share with friends), etc. But we have been unable to find a good reason to use them on board a ship. But you may be different and have your own reasons to use one. You also get Hermes lotions and other products in the penthouse as well as an ipad in suite and an ipod docking station.

OK, thanks to DaveFr and Travelcat2, I understand that I can book a table for 6 online at each specialty restaurant, and that I need to know the reservation numbers for our friends to specifically include them in the reservation.

Does this mean that I can make the reservation for all of us and they don't need to do anything, or does each couple have to log in and reserve the same time and date online? And if we each have to reserve our own spots, do we each have to specify the reservation numbers for our friends? Hopefully, it's a case of one person being able to reserve for all 6 of us as that is by far the easiest.

OK, thanks to DaveFr and Travelcat2, I understand that I can book a table for 6 online at each specialty restaurant, and that I need to know the reservation numbers for our friends to specifically include them in the reservation.

Does this mean that I can make the reservation for all of us and they don't need to do anything, or does each couple have to log in and reserve the same time and date online? And if we each have to reserve our own spots, do we each have to specify the reservation numbers for our friends? Hopefully, it's a case of one person being able to reserve for all 6 of us as that is by far the easiest.

It is just as you described -- one person reserving for all six:)

Archived