Bermuda things to do for a senior.

gapearl

Hello all,

My mom and I will have 2 1/2 days in Bermuda on our Pride cruise late this summer. She's an inactive senior and I could use some suggestions on what to do with her when there. Nothing with a beach or anything too physical, but more along the lines of historic landmarks, museums, anything cultural, or a good island tour. Thanks in advance. :)

Hello all,

My mom and I will have 2 1/2 days in Bermuda on our Pride cruise late this summer. She's an inactive senior and I could use some suggestions on what to do with her when there. Nothing with a beach or anything too physical, but more along the lines of historic landmarks, museums, anything cultural, or a good island tour. Thanks in advance. :)

St. George is a World Heritage Site. Easy to walk around. At the Dockyard there is the Maritime Museum and the Arts and Crafts Center. Hamilton there are some small museums. You can do a taxi tour, say four hours and see a lot of the island.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as your mom has no mobility issues, here are some suggestions on what you could do:

SBtS

My mom is in her 80s so we've done the boat cruise around the island - lots of beautiful homes and also the full island bus tour. Both were scheduled thru NCL.

My mom loved St. George where, while I shopped and took photos, she sat and she had a lovely conversation with a Bermudian gentleman who asked if she had been to Bermuda before. She told him, it was planned to go there on her honeymoon in 1953 but being practical she opted for the Poconos and a washing machine. He laughed and told her not much had changed and proceeded to give her a history of the town. A few minutes later there was a skit in the square - punishing the disobedient wife by dunking her.

Your mom would have to manage steps to do the boat tour.

We plan to be back in Bermuda in June, with my cousin who recently had spinal surgery and is not very mobile, so responses to your question have been helpful to me as well.

Have a great cruise

• 1 month later...