Breakaway Family Oceanview Cat O1

lbocola

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of this cabin category. I've seen plenty of the Oceanview category however this is a slightly larger cabin. I believe this is also listed as Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window. Port Cabins 5138(HA) to 5178 and Starboard of 5738(HA) to 5778

Appreciate your help! Reviews on this category are welcome also. Thanks

Edited by lbocola

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of this cabin category. I've seen plenty of the Oceanview category however this is a slightly larger cabin. I believe this is also listed as Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window. Port Cabins 5138(HA) to 5178 and Starboard of 5738(HA) to 5778

Appreciate your help! Reviews on this category are welcome also. Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :D

Have you seen the links here? It has one pic of 5740 O1 HA. See link in visual aid column. NCL Breakaway Cabin/Balcony Sizes

There is also a touch of video for the non HA O1's fwiw.

HTH

• 1 month later...

I'm still having trouble with the pull-down bed, where is it exactly?? As I undersand, you have the two beds (sleeps 2) the couch pulls out to a bed (sleeps 2) and there is a pull down bed for the 5th person.

Does it drop from the ceiling?

thanks for your help.

I'm still having trouble with the pull-down bed, where is it exactly?? As I undersand, you have the two beds (sleeps 2) the couch pulls out to a bed (sleeps 2) and there is a pull down bed for the 5th person.

Does it drop from the ceiling?

thanks for your help.

Yes, right above the couch that opens to a bed.

• 10 months later...

Can the pull down bed accommodate someone who is 5'5" and 150 lbs? Just trying to get a feel if this could be an option for us. We have twins (a boy and a girl age 21) and another girl (14) so the two girls would share the sofa bed and my son would be in the pull down.

Can the pull down bed accommodate someone who is 5'5" and 150 lbs? Just trying to get a feel if this could be an option for us. We have twins (a boy and a girl age 21) and another girl (14) so the two girls would share the sofa bed and my son would be in the pull down.

Yes pulldown can accomodate a teenager, young adult. headroom is a bit tight meaning the space between the top of bed and ceiling. id recommend putting the smaller kid on the top bunk.

be advised the cabins on this ship are extremely small - really tiny -so if you have the opportunity to take a family size oceanview instead instead of a balcony I'd do so, otherwise you literally will be tripping over eachother w/4 in a room. the family sized oceanview is about 2ft longer and has a small closet - we had 2 balcony cabins and we were 6 people we were cramped.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the pictures. This is awesome! I love the layout of the room.

Can anyone tell me if every one of the rooms in this category comes with a tub?

There is a small amount in this category that do not have a tub

There is a small amount in this category that do not have a tub

Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window

Perfect for families, these staterooms include two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, a bathtub and additional bedding that can accommodate three guests. There are also many connecting staterooms. (No bathtub in staterooms 5138, 5140, 5738 and 5740.)

Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window

Perfect for families, these staterooms include two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, a bathtub and additional bedding that can accommodate three guests. There are also many connecting staterooms. (No bathtub in staterooms 5138, 5140, 5738 and 5740.)

Your link just went straight to NCL's home page. But...thanks for the info typed out. I really appreciate it. :)

Here is a youtube video showing the drop down bed in position - great set up for a family.

We (two couples, long time friends) have one of these staterooms booked for Bermuda next October. We're doing an almost back to back with the Gem Canada/New England being our first "back". Getting two bucket list cruises accomplished with one round trip airfare from the west coast. There is so much to do on the away ships we're not worried about sharing a stateroom.

Here is a youtube video showing the drop down bed in position - great set up for a family.

We (two couples, long time friends) have one of these staterooms booked for Bermuda next October. We're doing an almost back to back with the Gem Canada/New England being our first "back". Getting two bucket list cruises accomplished with one round trip airfare from the west coast. There is so much to do on the away ships we're not worried about sharing a stateroom.

That was awesome! We are booking 5746 (and this video was 5146) so I assume same room, opposite side of the ship.

Ok, one more question....

What is it like sleeping on the couch bed? Is it as comfortable as the bed is or is it actually like sleeping on a couch?

The reason I'm asking is because it looks like the pull down bed from the ceiling is located in the "room" by the window and that's where our 7 year old will sleep, but we would like to be in the "room" with her. Then we were going to put my older son and his finance in the other room. Just wondering if this will work or will I be uncomfortable? :confused: Is it the same size as the beds in the regular part?

• 1 year later...
That was awesome! We are booking 5746 (and this video was 5146) so I assume same room, opposite side of the ship.

Ok, one more question....

What is it like sleeping on the couch bed? Is it as comfortable as the bed is or is it actually like sleeping on a couch?

The reason I'm asking is because it looks like the pull down bed from the ceiling is located in the "room" by the window and that's where our 7 year old will sleep, but we would like to be in the "room" with her. Then we were going to put my older son and his finance in the other room. Just wondering if this will work or will I be uncomfortable? :confused: Is it the same size as the beds in the regular part?

Quick question- we are actually in your same cabin on our Escape cruise beginning on the 19th of November. Was everything OK in that cabin? Any major concerns? you can email me directly at warcholmomatyahoo.com

Thanks!

Quick question- we are actually in your same cabin on our Escape cruise beginning on the 19th of November. Was everything OK in that cabin? Any major concerns? you can email me directly at warcholmomatyahoo.com

Thanks!

Sorry when we went last year we ended up all upgrading to balconies. :)