No More Body Scans

Ashland

Not so fast. BIG error in this thread title.

For more details and discussion, I would suggest you try THIS THREAD and look to posts starting with #30.

MODS: You may want to lock or delete this thread due to inaccurate info and misleading thread title.

Sorry...I'm a bit confused at your concern :confused:...Article in my Sunday paper this morning stating exactly what I have posted. And I did click on "This Thread" and it was deleted...Now I'm very confused :confused:

You seem to say I have broken some sort of rule/guideline. which was certainly NOT my intention....Just offering some new info on a topic/subject that has/will affect all travelers.

No more airport body scans as of June 1, 2013..they've all been packed away.

Actually, they've changed the software so the imagery is different, but the scans are still active. Which is good, because I much prefer a scanner.

""As of May 16, 2013, all [Advanced Imaging Technology scanners] are equipped with ATR capability," he said in his letter, The Hill reported. "Additionally, TSA's procurement of next generation AIT requires ATR capability." NBC says that the retrofitted scanners "will now only show a generic outline of a passenger to the operator. A colored box pops up if the full-body scanner detects a potentially forbidden item.""

Body scanners are still in use and I am happy about that. They just changed the software so that they don't show quite as much anatomic "detail" as they did.

Correct :o The article I read didn't go into exact detail that just the software was being changed (Hence my title and theirs "No More Body Scans) so no more X-rated scans. Thanks for your knowledge on the details.

Correct :o The article I read didn't go into exact detail that just the software was being changed (Hence my title and theirs "No More Body Scans) so no more X-rated scans. Thanks for your knowledge on the details.

The new software change includes a computer interpreting the scans now, not a human. Then, the results are displayed for the screener.

Had to get a full body scan at PIT on June 1;

Had to get a full body scan at AUS on June 8.

Still in use at AUS on Sat.

We also had the full body scan at PIT on June 1 and at PHL on June 3. PIT's scanners are much more sensitive than at other airports. I have a breast prosthesis and it always shows up at PIT meaning I must be patted down and swabbed for explosives. It does not show up on the full body sccanners at PHL, LGA, CLT and other airports.

Thanks so much for the new link.

Ashland - I don't know if you realize your posts are coming out in bold type. You might want to disable bold on your postings. It looks like you are shouting. Not a critique, but a suggestion.;)

With the software change, the term "nude-o-scope" is replaced with "Gumby-o-scope." :D

I will still always opt out of the MMW machine if there is no WTMD available and the putdown. It's my principle. IMHO, the machines are a waste of money. The WTMD and hand-held wand method was just as effective. If you have a medical reason why you can't "assume the position", you get the patdown, anyway.

Ashland - I don't know if you realize your posts are coming out in bold type. You might want to disable bold on your postings. It looks like you are shouting. Not a critique, but a suggestion.;)

With the software change, the term "nude-o-scope" is replaced with "Gumby-o-scope." :D

I will still always opt out of the MMW machine if there is no WTMD available and the putdown. It's my principle. IMHO, the machines are a waste of money. The WTMD and hand-held wand method was just as effective. If you have a medical reason why you can't "assume the position", you get the patdown, anyway.

I do realize I'm using bold type (and many other's do use it too) easier to see and read for some of us... I may be wrong but I believe shouting...according to online etiquette would be if I was using all "CAP'S" a big difference yes/no :confused: ....Thanks so much for taking the time to respond :)

I do realize I'm using bold type (and many other's do use it too) easier to see and read for some of us... I may be wrong but I believe shouting...according to online etiquette would be if I was using all "CAP'S" a big difference yes/no :confused: ....Thanks so much for taking the time to respond :)

CAPS is shouting. bold all the time is "like shouting". I was just making sure you were aware of it, as I haven't really seen it much here on CC. Sometimes, people have bold as a default for various reasons and forget to turn it off. No harm intended.

CAPS is shouting. bold all the time is "like shouting". I was just making sure you were aware of it, as I haven't really seen it much here on CC. Sometimes, people have bold as a default for various reasons and forget to turn it off. No harm intended.

No harm done....Thanks again :)

Just a quick FYI....for anyone using Firefox, you can increase the size of the page you are viewing by doing "CTRL" and the "plus sign" key (+). And you can repeat that over and over. In IE, you can use the menu command "View" and then under "Text Size" you can increase it through several choices.

Just a quick FYI....for anyone using Firefox, you can increase the size of the page you are viewing by doing "CTRL" and the "plus sign" key (+). And you can repeat that over and over. In IE, you can use the menu command "View" and then under "Text Size" you can increase it through several choices.

Thanks...but way too much tech-knowhow...for some of us :eek: :D

Thanks...but way too much tech-knowhow...for some of us :eek: :D

Fortunately I have half my eyesight left when using the computer. :) I'm just the opposite...bold makes it less readable, at least for me.

An even easier tip...if you have a "scroll mouse" (wheel in the middle to scroll up and down the page), holding the "Ctrl" key while you roll the wheel will change the font size, I believe on all internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc).

How does using bold type for your our typing [which presumably you know what it says] help?? If you are are in need of making other people's text larger? To do this, follow Kenish's suggestion, or press CTRL-PLUS (the one two to the right of the zero key), Otherwise, bolding ones own text in order to highlight it over others is a form of shouting.

It is not necessarily the size of the font, but the contrast that is difficult for some of us ... of course some fonts themselves are easier to read, but I don't know of a way to change the fonts in other people's posts ...

Archived