Freedom for first time

Everyone's must see/must eats are different. I found looking for detailed reviews of Freedom helped me see all the things *I* really wanted to do when we went last Spring.

We loved: Dinner in the MDR, Ice Show, 3-D Movies, Pool Deck and Flow Rider.

I'm sure you'll find lots to love! :)

Order spinach & artichoke dip from room service for mid afternoon snack...yum...can't remember which restaurant serves it but was free through room service. Enjoy on your private balcony or take it to quiet outdoor venue.

On Sunday when you board, there is so much to see and do, and you'll want to do it all at once. My suggestion is for the first day, find the basics. Food, spa services (discounts today) your cabin, muster station (hope yours is inside) entertainment, and relaxation.

Monday is a sea day go exploring. My favorite thing is to literally start on deck 2 and wander everywhere and look at all the art that is scattered around in the books and crannies.

If you get lost, start walking and you are bound to find an electronic way finder in all the elevator lobbies. Enjoy your cruise on Freedom of the Seas I hope you come to love her as much as I do.

Thanks for the tips fan someone tell me about the adult only area? Are there plenty of chairs to be had or is it a get there in early morning kind of area? It's just my husband and I

I'd say get there early if you want a lounger. Our experience was that it was always busy there and chairs we're hard to find.

Also, regarding the Ice Show, reservations are not taken anymore. We showed up about 20 minutes early and there were plenty of seats to be found, it didn't fill up until the last minute.

Also, regarding the Ice Show, reservations are not taken anymore. We showed up about 20 minutes early and there were plenty of seats to be found, it didn't fill up until the last minute.

Thanks for the ice show tip - I can stop checking

the website for the reservations to open up :D

We like the FoS but unf the adult pool area aka Solarium is too small. So yes, you need to get there at 9 am or so on sea days to get the comfortable padded loungers. Unf you will see lots of empty chairs with towels and books but no people. On port days it is fairly empty if you stay on ship (duh).

However, if you like the gym, FoS has the best fitness area of any ship imo. Just in front of Solarium with great views out the front.

We also like the Viking Crown Lounge on top for happy hour unless it's been taken over for suite lounge (grr).

Are there any tips or special things we should know about FOTS? Any special decks or places we must go or see? How about foods we can't miss? This is our 5th cruise but the biggest ship.

If you came to Central Ohio last week you could have went to BaconFest!

On that note, there is an appetizer in the Chops (extra charge) restaurant. It was called Black Pepper Bacon. I thought that sounded unusual but another cruiser said it was good. The best way to describe it was BaconSteak! It was wonderful.

Bacon aside, I've done 14 days on Freedom and loved every one of them.

the ice shoe is great. Make reservations ahead of time.

No longer possible, unless something changed again, which happens. We reserved the show, but it early April they made the show first come first seated.

We really enjoy ships that have a helipad that is open to the public. We especially like to go out after dinner if the evening is clear.

If you have not been on the ship that has an ice show, consider attending on Freedom. It is usually offered four times during the cruise. You can watch the compass for the times and no reservations are needed.

Enjoy.

M

If you came to Central Ohio last week you could have went to BaconFest!

On that note, there is an appetizer in the Chops (extra charge) restaurant. It was called Black Pepper Bacon. I thought that sounded unusual but another cruiser said it was good. The best way to describe it was BaconSteak! It was wonderful.

Bacon aside, I've done 14 days on Freedom and loved every one of them.

Funny we live in ohio too

Are there any tips or special things we should know about FOTS? Any special decks or places we must go or see? How about foods we can't miss? This is our 5th cruise but the biggest ship.

We left the ship on Sunday. Our first cruise and we found the ships all access tour amazing (2nd sea day).