Marriott on Canal Street

treasure4two

Any suggestions for Aug. 30/31, 2014 to eat at for breakfast(we love great breakfasts) and for dinner. Been to NO before, but looking for something in walking distance of the Marriott on Canal Street. Many thanks for any suggestions.:D

Several restaurants in the French Quarter participate in "Coolinary New Orleans."

During August (a very slow month for tourism), they off special menus, usually a three-course dinner at a fixed price that are a real bargain. These deals are an effort to get locals to dine out during the summer.

Link is here:

http://www.coolinaryneworleans.com/

Any suggestions for Aug. 30/31, 2014 to eat at for breakfast(we love great breakfasts) and for dinner. Been to NO before, but looking for something in walking distance of the Marriott on Canal Street. Many thanks for any suggestions.:D

We spent a couple of days in that hotel and I would recommend Camellia Grill as well.

We had breakfast via room service one morning and it was very good too. However, it was a little over $50 for 2 of us but we had a $50 food credit which is why we did not mind the amount.

Cafe Beignet is also very close to the hotel and worth checking out. Some argue it is much better than Cafe Du Monde.

Finally, I would also recommend Johnnys on St. Louis for Po-Boys but not sure how late they are open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would do Mena's Palace for breakfast. It's just a block away from the hotel on Chartres. Their lunches are good too. For a special lunch I enjoy going to Mandina's on Canal Street. It's too far to walk, but a short ride on one of the Cemetery or City Park streetcars will place you right in the neutral ground across from the restaurant. Finally for a memorable dinner Galatoire's on Bourbon St. is fantastic. I've been to all of these several times, and I look forward to each of my next visits.