Which carnival port is it - St Thomas or Martin?

wesnliz

On a previous cruise my wife & I were able to get off of the boat and catch a ferry right in the port area to take us across the water to a beach & boardwalk area. Unfortunately we cannot remember which island (st thomas or martin) it was and we will be going back to both of them and would like to plan our excursions around that option. Thanks so much in advance!

On a previous cruise my wife & I were able to get off of the boat and catch a ferry right in the port area to take us across the water to a beach & boardwalk area. Unfortunately we cannot remember which island (st thomas or martin) it was and we will be going back to both of them and would like to plan our excursions around that option. Thanks so much in advance!

That would be St Martin, but you should keep in mind the water at that beach has problems with pollution due to run off. It has been well documented by a local on the St Martin board for years. As they have stated you will never see any locals or their families in the water there. Better to take a taxi to another beach.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!

It is St Marteen . Was there in May and had no problems going in water at all at beach on boardwalk. Have been three times in last year and had no polution problems. It is a water taxi not a ferry, they run constantly all day long

It is St Marteen . Was there in May and had no problems going in water at all at beach on boardwalk. Have been three times in last year and had no polution problems. It is a water taxi not a ferry, they run constantly all day long

The pollution it NOT visible to the naked eye. The local lady on the Port of Call section has been very open and honest about the problem with the water there.

For me personally I would never allow my children to swim there......

But to each his own.....

And an added feature at St Maarten at the dock is they have electric golf carts to take you from the ship to the place where you get the water taxi. They used to charge $1 per person to ride it. It was such a good feature for me as I have mobility issues. That new pier is very long and they can fit 2 ships on one side of it end to end. Thats a really looooong walk if you are the last ship.

A great beach if you can get to it is Pinel Island. its a very short ferry ride across a very shallow bay to the most picturesque little beach I have ever seen. The ferry is off the French side. To better clarify its location, you can see Orient beach from there. Its one of the best beach days I have had in my entire life (which is pretty damned long).