Miami High End Hotel Advice

gavinfromlondon

My wife, 3 year old daughter and I are looking to stay in Miami at one of the nicer hotels for two nights before a cruise.

We are thinking that downtown is probably better for us and are trying to work out which of the Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental or Epic is likely to be better for a family, particularly given we are likely to want to spend some time sitting by the pools. Epic looks good and is cheaper, but we are worried it is going to be noisier and less family friendly.

Alternatively, have considered say the Ritz Carlton in South Beach, but again don't want anything too loud and partyish.

Any thoughts much appreciated from those in the know.

Thank you

gavinfromlondon.

I am very familiar with all three hotels.

I would either go with the Mandarin Oriental or the Four Seasons.

Both are kid friendly and quite nice.

Advantage of Mandarin is there is a nice little man made beach and also a little children's area. Pool is nice.

Four Seasons has an excellent pool and area to lounge. Rooms are larger at the Four Seasons.

Both are excellent choices.

Keith

I've stayed at both the Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons and Ritz Key Biscayne. I spend a lot of time at the Mandarin and will be over at the Four Seasons all weekend with friends. I can actually see both the Mandarin and the Four Seasons from my balconies.

The Epic would not be my choice for child friendly nor would the Ritz Carlton South Beach.

All the hotels are wonderful. The Ritz Carlton is removed from everything and very quiet as it's over on Key Biscayne. They have a nice family pool.

The Mandarin Oriental has a smaller pool than the other resorts but they do have a small man made beach as Keith said which is nice place to sit. There is also a park right next door with lots of grass to run around. Service is outstanding.

The Four Seasons has a wonderful pool area, there will be 2 of them. The one pool has palm trees with hammocks and is a bit more shallow.

You will have more choices for dining without driving if you stay at either the Mandarin or the Four Seasons.

Thanks for the rapid responses.

Think I am gravitating towards the Four Seasons for various reasons, with the Mandarin Oriental a close second.

You will love the Four Seasons. Our friends that are coming down for the weekend are staying there again. They just love it.

Try booking it on lastminutetravel.com. You join the club for free right now. Many times the Four Seasons is one of the hotels offered and it's amazing how much you can save.