explorer

docboss1

It could be as late as when you arrive to board the ship. On the other hand, your suite number may be included with the documents that you should be receiving soon. If you booked through a TA, they may also have information.

We will be on the Explorer later this month -- it is an amazing ship. The Concierge Suites have a lovely balcony (with a chair as well as a chaise lounge) - the bathroom has two sinks, a separate bath and shower....... just a wonderful suite! Have a great cruise.

Hi TC, which site do you use to check availability?

Really wish that I could tell you but it is a site where you book cruises so it is against CC guidelines to share that information.

However, if you pretend to book on Regent's website, you can get a good idea of availability. It is just easier on the other site.

Really wish that I could tell you but it is a site where you book cruises so it is against CC guidelines to share that information.

However, if you pretend to book on Regent's website, you can get a good idea of availability. It is just easier on the other site.

Ahhh, understand entirely TC. Hadn't thought that question through. We embark I think as you disembark in April so very much looking forward to the reports of your forthcoming voyage.

Ahhh, understand entirely TC. Hadn't thought that question through. We embark I think as you disembark in April so very much looking forward to the reports of your forthcoming voyage.

I don't plan on posting much from our cruise since I posted from our last transatlantic cruise - only a few months ago. Since lounge hogging and dress code have been hot issues on the Regent board, I'll pay more attention to that as well as "whistling doors" and any possible soot in the aft suites. I'll also respond to any questions while onboard.

What I'm really looking forward to is your experiences and observations on the Explorer. Hope that your cruise will exceed your expectations!

We also have a guarantee on our June 14 London- Stockholm cruise. Corporate told us to expect cabin assignments two weeks prior to boarding. I check availability by going to the RSSC website, then "Find a Cruise" and when I zero in on the cruise there is an availability chart at the bottom of the webpage. In our case, it's completely sold out/oversold except for the Seven Seas suites. Our cruise goes nonrefundable this week, so maybe there will be some openings appearing.

We also have a guarantee on our June 14 London- Stockholm cruise. Corporate told us to expect cabin assignments two weeks prior to boarding. I check availability by going to the RSSC website, then "Find a Cruise" and when I zero in on the cruise there is an availability chart at the bottom of the webpage. In our case, it's completely sold out/oversold except for the Seven Seas suites. Our cruise goes nonrefundable this week, so maybe there will be some openings appearing.

There certainly could be some cancellations prior to the date that it goes nonrefundable. If more suites open up, Regent typically would offer passengers in PH suites an upsell (not upgrade as they are not in a "guarantee" suite). This would open up some PH suites and you could possibly get one. If the cruise is oversold, there will be offers to passengers in suite categories that are the most popular to take another cruise. Regent will continue making offers until they are able to accommodate all booked guests. No one ever would be turned away if they are booked.

Reference: Overbooking. Do not worry if you have paid your money. You will get on the ship--and at the suite level you paid-for, if not above.

Example: 02/2014 Voyager cruise beginning at Sydney; then on to Singapore, plus add-on three days' at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

We took this trip with other family members and life-long friends who had never had a previous Regent experience. So, we added-on, at personal expense, additional pre-cruise days at Sydney. (The post-cruise Malaysia experience was included as an incentive.)

About two weeks' out from the Sydney embarkation date--began to get notices, through our TA, from Regent, offering a "rebate" should we agree to rebook on another cruise. No specific reason given. As the day approached to go to SEATAC Airport and get on a plane, via Los Angeles, to Sydney: that offer kept increasing to--$15,000, then $20,000; then $23,000. This would be a cash payment; plus being offered an almost-free future voyage.

Well, of course this was a temptation. However, my wife and I were not the only folks who had been planning this cruise for over eight months. We turned down that last offer. I would bet sufficient other folks took "an offer too good to be refused". Whatever Regent had to do, it did to get others to postpone that particular trip for a future one.

Great trip. So, do not worry.

GoARMY!

I have once taken advantage of an offer too good to be true. It basically gave us a free cruise, just later. If you want to be on the ship, and you have paid your money, no worries! You will get on the ship.