Single cruiser

raye70

Thanks for the replies, I have been on 10 Oceania cruises, but have changed email so had to sign in anew. I knew that Jimandstan and lht28 would respond as you were a great help on my other cruises and had the answers I needed. Again thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just booked a Cuba cruise and our friend who is cruising solo booked the room next to us and paid the exact same price we did. In other words twice as much. We're trying to find out if she will get charged double for gratuities ($32) or just the per person rate of $16 per day? Hopefully the latter.

We're trying to find out if she will get charged double for gratuities ($32) or just the per person rate of $16 per day? Hopefully the latter.

I believe the gratuities are PP not per cabin

it depends on the sailing

they do have some special offers with lower SS

check O website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/single-supplement/

the rates can be as low as 10% on specific sailings

Unfortunately, they have not fixed the single supplement site yet. It doesn't compute the price. It only tells you that there is a single supplement on that cruise. I've been asking since last August when they will fix it. It used to work.

Gratuities are per person. You won't pay double gratuities.

Unfortunately, they have not fixed the single supplement site yet. It doesn't compute the price. It only tells you that there is a single supplement on that cruise. I've been asking since last August when they will fix it. It used to work.

Gratuities are per person. You won't pay double gratuities.

Thanks cruisingxpert! We talked to our O contact this morning and confirmed solos only pay the single rate. Also, when our friend later called to change her OLife option from $800 OBC to 4 excursions for the B2B cruise, she pointed out that it wasn't fair that she is paying double for the room, but only getting 4 excursions rather than 8 if there were 2 people in the room. Our O POC agreed and had heard management was thinking about changing that rule and would check on the change's status. Hopefully, she'll get the thumbs up and get the full 8 excursions which would allow her one excursion each of the 8 days we'll be docked at a Cuban port. Only seems fair if she is paying for 2 people and they were willing to give her the double occupancy OLife OBC rate.