Postal Vote

I mind the old days when you couldn't get a postal vote unless you were a business man etc. travelling away from home on bonafide business - holidays didn't count.

I also rememeber joint passports where children were simply named, no photos - and the wife could not travel on it (with or without kids) unless she was with her husband, although he could, singly, or with the bairns in tow.

Got a letter confirming my postal vote but the pack not arrived yet I fly on Election Day to Dubrovnik 5.15am for cruise on Spirit. I rang Electoral office this morning as I thought it had to be back by 5pm 23rd May as per back if my voting card but was told that was just my application for a postal vote and the pack should be with me this week and does not have to be back until 5pm on Election Day OK for me but maybe a bit tight if I'd being going on 1st June for 2 weeks

Our postal poll card advises that ballot papers will be sent out around Wednesday 24th May and require to be received back by 10pm on Thursday 8th June - also states that voters who have not received their ballot papers by Monday 29th May are to call the (local number) Election Helpline.

Postal ballot papers are collected unopened, held securely, and counted along with the traditional polling booth papers when all ballot boxes are gathered together.

You may hand in a postal ballot paper - it is not mandatory to mail it in.

Our postal poll card advises that ballot papers will be sent out around Wednesday 24th May and require to be received back by 10pm on Thursday 8th June - also states that voters who have not received their ballot papers by Monday 29th May are to call the (local number) Election Helpline.

Postal ballot papers are collected unopened, held securely, and counted along with the traditional polling booth papers when all ballot boxes are gathered together.

You may hand in a postal ballot paper - it is not mandatory to mail it in.

We received our postal vote cards yesterday.

Mine still not arrived and another thought will the telephone lines be open on Monday 29th May? - its Bank holiday!!

I will phone the office 30th May if we have not got them by then. Even though I have no idea yet who to vote for.

Have a look at your polling card - does it not advise the date when postal votes are being sent out ?

I phoned the office that deals with the voting and he said we were in the second wave and our postal vote was in the printers and will be here by Wednesday. If that happens we will be okay as we leave late in the day Friday. Failing that we miss the vote.

I phoned the office that deals with the voting and he said we were in the second wave and our postal vote was in the printers and will be here by Wednesday. If that happens we will be okay as we leave late in the day Friday. Failing that we miss the vote.

Did it arrive in time for you to vote ?