Car Rental FLL/Port Everglades

martyap

We are arriving one day pre cruise and have to get a car at FLL to visit some family.....would then drop off the next day and head to the ship. Are there

specific car rental companies that would be more convenient to the Port? would offer a shuttle to the Port? Thanks

I think most of the big guys have an PE shuttle, but I know National, Alamo & Enterprise share a shuttle that does this. Also suggest you drive your bags over and drop them off at the pier before heading back to the airport to catch the shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think most of the big guys have an PE shuttle, but I know National, Alamo & Enterprise share a shuttle that does this. Also suggest you drive your bags over and drop them off at the pier before heading back to the airport to catch the shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We plan on renting a car and wondered about dropping our bags off before we jump on the Hertz shuttle at the Crown Plaza. I've travelled by taxi lots of times to the port, but never drove myself. We need to have our passports handy I assume for security and are the ship names for the various locations well marked on signs? Do you enter by Eller Drive or State Rd. 84?

Edited by sprockie

A quick search on the board would reveal one agency a short distance outside the port (Alamo?), everything else at the airport, which isn't very far away. Several offer shuttles.

Enterprise - Hilton Marina 17th Street Causeway

Budget - In the back of the shopping plaza behind Renaissance Hotel 17th Street Causeway

Avis - Hyatt Pier 66

In addition to the above...Thrifty/Dollar just outside the Port Everglades gate...actually the closest rental agency...We've used them...free shuttle into the port...and since their so close they run their shuttle in & out often...quick and easy.

In addition to the above...Thrifty/Dollar just outside the Port Everglades gate...actually the closest rental agency...We've used them...free shuttle into the port...and since their so close they run their shuttle in & out often...quick and easy.

Will FLL Thrifty shuttle pick up from port post cruise? We are renting a car for the day and then flying out of FLL in the evening day we come back into port. Or is a taxi/uber faster? If so how much would taxi/uber run in price? Thanks so much!

Will FLL Thrifty shuttle pick up from port post cruise? We are renting a car for the day and then flying out of FLL in the evening day we come back into port. Or is a taxi/uber faster? If so how much would taxi/uber run in price? Thanks so much!

Yes...they do...usually quick and easy since they are the closest rental agency they make frequent trips in/out.

So shuttle and rent from Thrifty Miami Road location and return your car to their FLL location....easy.

We are likely to have an Alamo car hire ending up at Fort Lauderdale but they do not seem to have an office at the port. What are our options for dropping at the airport and getting to the cruise port. As we are English and this is the first time we will have stayed elsewhere in Florida and are driving down to Fort Lauderdale we are not very familiar with how systems work in Florida.

We are likely to have an Alamo car hire ending up at Fort Lauderdale but they do not seem to have an office at the port. What are our options for dropping at the airport and getting to the cruise port. As we are English and this is the first time we will have stayed elsewhere in Florida and are driving down to Fort Lauderdale we are not very familiar with how systems work in Florida.

To my knowledge, the only Alamo location in Ft Lauderdale is FLL Airport. The only options for transportation to Port Everglades would be a taxi or Uber. A taxi is usually about $12 + tip to the driver. I don't know much about Uber.

Is there any reason why you are using Alamo instead of say Budget?

Edited by Lido_Deck

Alamo is the main company our holiday operator uses and we have been happy enough with them in the past as we can choose our car from a selection in the grade range. Do Budget offer the option to choose your car or do they select which car you are given?

We are likely to have an Alamo car hire ending up at Fort Lauderdale but they do not seem to have an office at the port. What are our options for dropping at the airport and getting to the cruise port.

JAF1, Alamo runs a courtesy shuttle service between FLL airport & Port Everglades piers.