QM2 Golden Lion serving pub lunch embarkation day?

red919

Loved the pub lunches served in the Golden Lion and as I am on an upcoming 5 night QM2 Canada/New England cruise, does anyone know if Golden Lion is open for lunch on embarkation day? Also, I would like to purchase the soda package. Where would I go to get this?

And if Golden Lion is not serving lunch on embarkation day, what are my other options? I'm looking forward to the "upgraded" King's Court area but know it will be packed on embarkation day and would rather wait to see it when it is less crowded.

Loved the pub lunches served in the Golden Lion and as I am on an upcoming 5 night QM2 Canada/New England cruise, does anyone know if Golden Lion is open for lunch on embarkation day?

It's a lottery. Sometimes it's open, other times it's shut.

The Hotel Director decides and bases their decision on who knows what.

Otherwise it's the Grills or the Smash & Grab.

Stewart

Stewart

Smash & Grab...LOL!

Thanks!:D

I've seen the (QM2) Golden Lion serving lunch on embarkation days before crossings or cruises; and also noted that lunch wasn't available on other occasions when boarding.

As BigMac 1953 indicates, there seems to be no predicting which. I think it can depend on the whim of the management, on available staff, an easterly wind, or if there is an "r" in the month...

Similarly, even in sunny warm weather in the height of summer, I've noted the Boardwalk Cafe open for lunch on embarkation day... and I've seen it locked out of use (once in Southampton, most frustratingly, tables and chairs set out and a sign saying "Open today for lunch 12-2.30" stuck outside a locked door at around 1pm :( )

Best wishes to all :)

Edited by pepperrn

Stewart

The Food & Beverage department decide if the Golden Lion opens on embarkation days ( ex NY/Southampton)

The rational; it depends on how many guests are already in transit for the onward voyage or, whether there is a shore side function being held onboard. In that case the hotel department will need to utilise additional crew members in another venue.

Edited by Bell Boy

... Also, I would like to purchase the soda package. Where would I go to get this? ...

You purchase the soda package on board from any drinks waiter or bartender. When you order your first soda after embarkation, tell the waiter / bartender that you wish to purchase the soft drink package. Then the receipt you receive to sign with your soda will be for the full purchase price of the soft drink package instead of the price of the individual drink. And your keycard should be returned to you with a "soft drink package" sticker attached. For each subsequent soft drink you order, simply present your keycard with the sticker attached and the drink will be free of charge with no receipt to sign.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

You purchase the soda package on board from any drinks waiter or bartender. When you order your first soda after embarkation, tell the waiter / bartender that you wish to purchase the soft drink package. Then the receipt you receive to sign with your soda will be for the full purchase price of the soft drink package instead of the price of the individual drink. And your keycard should be returned to you with a "soft drink package" sticker attached. For each subsequent soft drink you order, simply present your keycard with the sticker attached and the drink will be free of charge with no receipt to sign.

Regards,

John.

John, thank you for explaining how to get the soft drink package. Good to know!

Also, thanks to others for their input on embarkation day lunch at the Golden Lion Pub....fingers crossed it'll be available!:D