Silly drink question?

jb456

Carnival's site says the drinks included are lemonade, coffee, tea, water.

When I watch youtube videos of the Lido buffet I see some drink machines that say orange juice, fruit punch, etc, etc.

Are these included as well?

What else is included, juices, milk, chocolate milk?

Sorry if it's a silly question..

Edited by jb456

Not a silly question at all. The juices are available on the Lido deck at the buffet in the mornings for breakfast. They switch to lemonade and tea during the day, and coffee is always available. You can also get regular and chocolate milk on the buffet line. All these drink options are free. You will have to pay for specialty coffee, there's an area set up at one corner of the Lido dining area by the elevators for those. And I think you pay for any juices if they're no longer in the dispensers after breakfast.

Room service is an option also. Anything they bring you is free and they might have juices available 24 hrs. Just remember to tip them when they bring your food to the cabin.

Not a silly question at all. The juices are available on the Lido deck at the buffet in the mornings for breakfast. They switch to lemonade and tea during the day, and coffee is always available. You can also get regular and chocolate milk on the buffet line. All these drink options are free. You will have to pay for specialty coffee, there's an area set up at one corner of the Lido dining area by the elevators for those. And I think you pay for any juices if they're no longer in the dispensers after breakfast.

Room service is an option also. Anything they bring you is free and they might have juices available 24 hrs. Just remember to tip them when they bring your food to the cabin.

Thank you! That makes much more sense :)

One more question if you don't mind. Each guest is allowed to bring soda/water on board.

Was wondering if some people take a can of soda with them to let's say lunch at the buffet? or is that something not allowed?

Thank you! That makes much more sense :)

One more question if you don't mind. Each guest is allowed to bring soda/water on board.

Was wondering if some people take a can of soda with them to let's say lunch at the buffet? or is that something not allowed?

There's no drink police once you get onboard :)

I noticed your OP mentioned fruit punch. They don't have this any more in the Lido buffet, but they have guava juice and OJ in the morning.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

My husband is a die hard Diet Coke drinker. He always takes 2 cans with him to the Lido to drink with breakfast. He has never had anyone say anything to him. Years ago, a friend went with us and he only drinks Dr Pepper. They did not have it on the ship(not sure if that is so now). He had other passengers stopping him and asking where he got the DP. Those DP lovers are crazy about their drink.:)

FWIW: Actually, the juices may well be available after breakfast. Our last two cruises were on the Liberty and Glory, and all they did was take the labels off the dispensers. The juices were still there. It would be too much effort for them to clean them out and change the lines around.

FWIW: Actually, the juices may well be available after breakfast. Our last two cruises were on the Liberty and Glory, and all they did was take the labels off the dispensers. The juices were still there. It would be too much effort for them to clean them out and change the lines around.

That's interesting. I have only seen them switch out the juice machines after breakfast to make them dispense lemonade and iced tea. Never saw them leave a juice machine accessible (albeit without a label). I saw them change them out once and it is a "bag of syrup" that goes inside the dispenser to mix with water. It seemed easy enough for them to switch from one beverage to another without much of a fuss.

Not to nitpick, but since it sounds like the OP is a new cruiser...not everything they bring to your cabin is free. They will charge you for soda, even if you have the soda package. Our daughter did not realize that. You can get the regular juices whenever though. :)

Not to nitpick, but since it sounds like the OP is a new cruiser...not everything they bring to your cabin is free. They will charge you for soda, even if you have the soda package. Our daughter did not realize that. You can get the regular juices whenever though. :)

Thanks momof.. we did a Celebrity cruise but had the 123 go drink package promo.

Not worth the drink package on Carnival as one in our party does not drink.

I read on CC that all cruises out of Texas now carry Dr Pepper... go figure!

It may be true, but just don't believe it because you read it on Cruise Critic. There tends to be more inaccurate information posted here than accurate information.

It may be true, but just don't believe it because you read it on Cruise Critic. There tends to be more inaccurate information posted here than accurate information.

Well, maybe I'm not that cynical, but if someone from Texas and is writing a review and tells us how excited she was because she could now get Dr Pepper, I'm going to assume she's not lying to us! :rolleyes: