1,000 Minutes Internet for $250

In HAL's Standard 1,000 minutes of internet for $250, it's hard to determine if the 1,000 minute 'clock' is continuous running once you log in or can you log off, stop the clock, log in later, restart the clock and so on?

As Diamond+ members on RCI we get 24 hours of free internet but once you log in, the 24-hour clock starts running and stays on even if you log out.

As Elite on Celebrity, we get 90 minutes of free internet but you can start & stop the clock and the 90 minutes can last up to a week if one is judicious with their log-in time.

So the question: 1,000 minutes running all the time or able to start/stop the clock?

In HAL's Standard 1,000 minutes of internet for $250, it's hard to determine if the 1,000 minute 'clock' is continuous running once you log in or can you log off, stop the clock, log in later, restart the clock and so on?

As Diamond+ members on RCI we get 24 hours of free internet but once you log in, the 24-hour clock starts running and stays on even if you log out.

As Elite on Celebrity, we get 90 minutes of free internet but you can start & stop the clock and the 90 minutes can last up to a week if one is judicious with their log-in time.

So the question: 1,000 minutes running all the time or able to start/stop the clock?

Starts with login and stops with log off. So it is best to download email, log off, create email answers, logon, send completed email, and then log off. You can save enough minutes to splurge on the last few days of your cruise.

Starts with login and stops with log off. So it is best to download email, log off, create email answers, logon, send completed email, and then log off. You can save enough minutes to splurge on the last few days of your cruise.

Thanks for your answer.

When you say "download email" do you mean copy it to a file you can open when off-line?

Thanks for your answer.

When you say "download email" do you mean copy it to a file you can open when off-line?

Yes. Copyt to a file, log off, and then work on your replies offline.

My download email and answer statement after logoff was based on my experience as an Ms Outlook user. All of my email sources can be opened/saved in Ms Outlook

For Gmail only, download the Gmail Offline App

After having some issues with logging off (I was sure I had but it did not show on their system), I now take a screenshot every time I log off so I have proof.

e8b67d02966955da916fef84aa77355f.jpg

Wish HAL would go with an unlimited package on all ships.

After having some issues with logging off (I was sure I had but it did not show on their system), I now take a screenshot every time I log off so I have proof.

e8b67d02966955da916fef84aa77355f.jpg

Wish HAL would go with an unlimited package on all ships.

What a smart idea Kathi. Brilliant! I'm going to follow your wise example.

It's going to be tough to go back to "by the minute" after a couple of years of unlimited internet. I agree with you. Wish unlimited was on all HAL ships ;)

Regular text email will simply download to your normal inbox without you having to create special buffer files. Extra files would only be required for images and other email attachments.

You can practice at home by disabling/enabling your home internet connection (I recommend that you do this before the cruise). Depending on your email client, there may be settings to allow all attachments to download automatically, though be aware that this may use up your internet allotment on the ship if someone sends you lengthy videos.

igraf

....When you say "download email" do you mean copy it to a file you can open when off-line?