Muster Station - Freedom deck 12 cabins

Can someone who has stayed in the deck 12 Freedom cabins let me know where the muster station is? We are in 1804. Trying to plan whether we will need to be prepared to be outside in the sun. I have a preschooler with sensory issues and want to make sure that we pack our carry on appropriately.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this is not an answer to your question, but . . . my son also has special needs and we were on Freedom last year for his first cruise. We has an outside muster and when he saw the mass of people he freaked out a little. I got the attention of the person in charge of our station and he was awesome. He let us stand in front so not to be completely surrounded by people. My suggestion is that no matter where you have to go, let the person in charge know and they should help you in any way they can.

I hope someone can answer this question. We will be in 1804 in September. My 12 year old son is Autistic and I am also curious where the muster station will be for this deck/cabin.

You can contact the special needs department prior to your cruise and arrange an alternate muster for your son if the noise and crowds are too much for him.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_services_and_accessibility&tab=1

Can someone who has stayed in the deck 12 Freedom cabins let me know where the muster station is? We are in 1804. Trying to plan whether we will need to be prepared to be outside in the sun. I have a preschooler with sensory issues and want to make sure that we pack our carry on appropriately.

All depends on what side of the ship is to the dock. Could be either side. Just lather on the sunscreen and you will be ready either way. You could also request to stand back by the wall when you arrive for the Muster. You will be out of the sun that way, but it will be a lot more crowded.....

Most of the muster stations are on deck four outside, but they are sheltered from above by the life boats. If your side is facing the sun, it could get rather hot with the sun shining in though. Some mustard stations are in lounges, so in this case you would be in air conditioning.

Hey Woodmnky, we were in 1804 and went to the Star a lounge for muster. I would think you would do the same.

Sorry don't mean to highjack your thread but if anyone has stayed in rooms 1808, 1810 or 1812, how are these rooms? Are they quiet, do feel the ship move a lot, how are the windows, bathroom, nice size of room? Were any of these rooms upgraded during dry dock? If anyone has any pics or can direct to someones thread with them, would be great. Thanks for any replies, trying to make a decision on if I should pick a room on this floor or not ;)

Were any of these rooms upgraded during dry dock?

They are all new and were added during the dry dock. In fact, it took several weeks AFTER the dry dock to get them finished.

That whole hall and all the cabins have a "new" smell to them :)

You will certainly feel a little more motion up there and a LOT more if the seas get rough. Beautiful cabins though!

Edited by ryano

I stayed in 1888 and they were quiet except for few a exceptions. 1) When someone ran on the deck above you, I could hear it. 2) When the ship was moving and someone opened the door directly to the sun deck it would slam. 3) The worst part was the party they threw in the Solarium on deck 11 at midnight. My room was vibrating from the noise. Music and "screaming" could be heard loudly until 2am when it ended. I complained to RCCL because of how loud it was, they apologized for the oversight but not sure if this party is still occurring there.