Carnival and SeaMiles parting ways...

Just saw this:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Seamiles-Limited-TSX-VENTURE-SEE-1019337.html

SeaMiles-Press Release

... North America's premier cruise loyalty provider, announced today that Carnival Cruise Lines ("Carnival") has informed the Company that it does not wish to renew the co-branded credit card agreement dated November 24, 2004 (the "Agreement") between the Company, Carnival and Barclays Bank Delaware upon the expiry of the Agreement in December, 2009. ...

Personally I think they (Carnival) could do better. I've got a SeaMiles card and it's just so-so.

This is good news.

We had one of the original "Carnival" years ago and it was EXCELLENT.

Sadly over the years, we have just seen the quality of the card diminish.

We finally used our last points and cancelled it.

They bought the business from Lehman. Barclays is cutting a lot of these lines of business.

Well I just cashed in my points and am done with the card, so they can do what they want now....LOL

:p

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what this means to those of us with lots of miles accrued (saving for that "free" 8 day cruise)? I'm trying not to panic, here. But are my miles about to disappear? It's Sunday, so I can't call Barclays 'till tomorrow...

Thanks

Well, I've just been onn the phone with Carnival, Barclays (number on the back of my credit card), and SeaMiles. NO ONE seems to know anything about this! How frustrating. It's worse than the usual run-around I get when calling (always told by SeaMiles to call Barclays and vice versa). I tried calling the number listed on the press release for SeaMiles, but just got a voicemail in customer service.

I would greatly appreciate any info anyone can get on this. I just want to know if and when all my SeaMiles are going to go *POOF*, so that I can cash them in before that date.

Thanks!

I although I can't fully support the cards customer service, the folks that do the Cruise Bookings have been superb ! Much better than the TA's I've dealt with. As a matter of fact I have a call in to the SeaMiles guy that did our Oct Conquest cruise to see how to deal with him in the future !

Not worth it to keep the card if Carnival goes away..............

dawg

The Carnival Seamiles card from Barclays is dismal. I applied, was given a good limit, 2 weeks later I get a letter saying "were sorry, there has been a glitch in our system and we gave you too high of a limit (on par with my other cards) and they slashed the limit in half, I thought oh well it is still usable I can deal with that. About 6 months ago I get a letter telling me that they are lowering my limit once again to reflect my spending with the card, $500.:eek:

I am one of those people who never charge more than 30% of my limit and promptly pay it off, so $500 is a joke and completely useless to me.

Ironically I just got a new card today!

I wonder if Carnival will keep issuing a card through Barclays but without the Seamiles affiliation, I think that it was last year that a Princess card was introduced through Barclays, which has much better perks, you can use points for OBC, you don't have to build up tens of thousands of points to make it useful.

I hope they dump Barclays though, they are a dismal bank.

Has anyone heard anything else about this? I really hope we don't lose our SeaMiles. I am hoping they will transfer to whomever Carnival decides to deal with for the card...

Of course there are no guarantees....but we have had "a" Carnival credit card of some description from day one....and every time there was a "change of hands"...our points were safe.

I would "assume" the same will happen now.

We cancelled the card after using the last of our points...I just got tired of dealing with ICE.

Now we have American Express Blue Sky and it is wonderful!!!

Of course there are no guarantees....but we have had "a" Carnival credit card of some description from day one....and every time there was a "change of hands"...our points were safe.

I would "assume" the same will happen now.

We cancelled the card after using the last of our points...I just got tired of dealing with ICE.

Now we have American Express Blue Sky and it is wonderful!!!

I wish we would have just gotten that card (the Blue Sky)instead of the SeaMiles... SeaMiles "deals" are usually a rip off (at least for the cruises I have looked at), but I would hate to lose all my miles. We have been saving all of our miles to redeem for a free cruise or something...

Has anyone heard anything else about this? I really hope we don't lose our SeaMiles. I am hoping they will transfer to whomever Carnival decides to deal with for the card...

As I recall, when Carnival switched over to Sea Miles, we were given x number of months to use our points from the previous credit card...

but I would hate to lose all my miles. We have been saving all of our miles to redeem for a free cruise or something...

We have too! 113K slowly built up over the last 4 years with constant hopes of getting that "free" 7- or 8-Day cruise someday (hopefully before the 5-year mark hits and we start losing our oldest miles). But if the seamiles are about to disappear, we'll have to settle for a 5-Day cruise or something less, just to use them I guess.

Please, anyone who hears anything official on this, let us all know.

Thanks!

We have too! 113K slowly built up over the last 4 years with constant hopes of getting that "free" 7- or 8-Day cruise someday (hopefully before the 5-year mark hits and we start losing our oldest miles). But if the seamiles are about to disappear, we'll have to settle for a 5-Day cruise or something less, just to use them I guess.

Please, anyone who hears anything official on this, let us all know.

Thanks!

Our five year mark is up in June 2010 and we have 163,000. I have another cruise to pay off. Also my daughter is getting married on a Carnival ship in March of 2010. All my children and some of my grandchildren are going so I planned on buying lots of Funship dollars as Christmas presents. If I have just about 6 more months I know I'll have over 200,000 and I'm hoping for a 7-8 OV FREE vacation.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for each other.

Our five year mark is up in June 2010 and we have 163,000. I have another cruise to pay off. Also my daughter is getting married on a Carnival ship in March of 2010. All my children and some of my grandchildren are going so I planned on buying lots of Funship dollars as Christmas presents. If I have just about 6 more months I know I'll have over 200,000 and I'm hoping for a 7-8 OV FREE vacation.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for each other.

Wow! You sure have a lot more to lose. And you're a lot closer to the goal (7-8 OV FREE). That's the same category I'm shooting for. I've definitely got my fingers crossed for us.

It's not like we paid anything for these seamiles (stuff we were going to buy anyway, and we pay it off every month), but I'll still feel kinda robbed if they just go away after all this saving up.

Has anyone tried the phone number listed for the president of Seamiles listed in the Marketwire press release? I tried and just got voice mail.

Thanks

Wow! You sure have a lot more to lose. And you're a lot closer to the goal (7-8 OV FREE). That's the same category I'm shooting for. I've definitely got my fingers crossed for us.

It's not like we paid anything for these seamiles (stuff we were going to buy anyway, and we pay it off every month), but I'll still feel kinda robbed if they just go away after all this saving up.

Has anyone tried the phone number listed for the president of Seamiles listed in the Marketwire press release? I tried and just got voice mail.

Thanks

Geez,

I just got off the phone with one of these guys and they had no clue

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...E-1019337.html

i tried to book a 4 day cruise in March and was still quoted $418.00

And thats with Patinum and State discount

Vegas is looking better and better for the gamblers....

Yeah the pun was intended:cool:

• 1 month later...

For those worried about loosing points. Got the SeaMiles Visa card and the SeaMiles (not issuing banks) folks transferred all my points from the Carnival card to the new card ! Talk to the SeaMiles folks and NOT the Credit Card companies. 954-567-4651

For those worried about loosing points. Got the SeaMiles Visa card and the SeaMiles (not issuing banks) folks transferred all my points from the Carnival card to the new card ! Talk to the SeaMiles folks and NOT the Credit Card companies. 954-567-4651

Thank for the information will try and change my card soon.

Archived