Central Park Balcony View - Extra Large Balconies

eroller

For anyone interested in booking a Central Park Balcony, I observed the following standard cabins have an extra large balcony (twice the standard size) with extra balcony furniture as well. I was not in one of these cabins, but I might consider one for a future cruise so I really took notice. I loved Central Park and I think I would enjoy looking over it. The Boardwalk would be a little too loud for my personal taste.

12629; 11629; 10629; 12229; 11229; 10229.

Please note the larger balcony is not indicated on the deck plan.

My first choice would be 11629. High enough to get a little sun during certain times of the day, and it overlooks the Trellis Bar which is very nice to look at.

Ernie

• 3 weeks later...
For anyone interested in booking a Central Park Balcony, I observed the following standard cabins have an extra large balcony (twice the standard size) with extra balcony furniture as well. I was not in one of these cabins, but I might consider one for a future cruise so I really took notice. I loved Central Park and I think I would enjoy looking over it. The Boardwalk would be a little too loud for my personal taste.

12629; 11629; 10629; 12229; 11229; 10229.

Please note the larger balcony is not indicated on the deck plan.

My first choice would be 11629. High enough to get a little sun during certain times of the day, and it overlooks the Trellis Bar which is very nice to look at.

Ernie

Ernie, thanks a MILLION for posting this info. I'm currently holding 12229, but haven't made the switch yet. Can you be specific about what extra balcony furniture we might pick up by moving there?

Ernie, thanks a MILLION for posting this info. I'm currently holding 12229, but haven't made the switch yet. Can you be specific about what extra balcony furniture we might pick up by moving there?

They have the usual balcony furniture, but on the extended balcony there is another set of chairs and a table, and they appear to be teak. Very nice!

Ernie

They have the usual balcony furniture, but on the extended balcony there is another set of chairs and a table, and they appear to be teak. Very nice!

Ernie

Well, thanks to your heads up we snagged one of those extra large CP balconies yesterday. I was off from work, so I got busy doing some research. One that you had named was available, so we grabbed it. We had found some pictures that show the general area. You're right-- huge.

Great work, and we appreciate you getting the word out.

Here is a short video of a few of these balconies:

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3087283310096597382tJlItV

Dotsie

Dotsie, I can't thank you enough for sending the video. That gives us the best look at the balconies, yet. We're much indebted to you and Eroller for the help. Our countdown is now below 150 days. This has added something to really look forward to. There are acres and acres out there!:D We do like our oversized balconies.

FYI since that video was taken, more furniture was added to these balconies. There is the usual furniture that all the balconies have, then a nice set of additional furniture that looks like teak.

Ernie

FYI since that video was taken, more furniture was added to these balconies. There is the usual furniture that all the balconies have, then a nice set of additional furniture that looks like teak.

Ernie

This is awesome news! We have a hump balcony (also extended size) and our friends whom we are traveling with, are in one of these CP extended balcony cabins! We will have the best of all worlds! Plenty of space to get-together ocean front or central park! Yeehaa! (I will probably have to ask the steward for extra seats for our hump balcony though, I seem to think we will only have the usual 2 chairs and a table).

A word of caution to anyone booking these cabins (or the ones on the other side of the living wall). While walking through at night I noticed that some of these cabins have bright spot lights shinning around them. These extended ones may be a little more shielded since there are no windows right next to the living wall like there are on the other side. Either way there definitely seemed to be a lot of light spill from the living wall spot lights. A couple cabins appeared to even have spotlights accidentally aimed directly at them. Maybe someone who has stayed in these cabins can share some info on if that was an issue or not.

• 1 year later...

This is an older thread, but I just booked this cabin (11629) yesterday thinking the extra large balcony would be great.

However, I now read that there might be too much light and worse ---- the cabin is next to a crew-only room where they do the dishes. Extremely noisy.

Has anyone experience this? Or has anyone stayed in this cabin and care to share their experiences? Thanks!

We were in 10217 on Oasis last year, not an extended balcony, but next to the living wall. No problems with lights shining and it was very quiet. Very pretty view at night. We opted for an Oceanview balcony on the Allure this year, but wouldn't hesitate to book another Central Park view again.

This is an older thread, but I just booked this cabin (11629) yesterday thinking the extra large balcony would be great.

However, I now read that there might be too much light and worse ---- the cabin is next to a crew-only room where they do the dishes. Extremely noisy.

Has anyone experience this? Or has anyone stayed in this cabin and care to share their experiences? Thanks!

My friends were in the identical (but mirror image) balcony across the park from yours (11229). They LOVED the balcony and the location. I visited them several times throughout the week, and the view was beautiful both day and night. During the day I could hear the pool noise from above, but I don't think it was bothersome to my friends who have said they would happily book the cabin again if the opportunity arose. As far as those lights above the living wall, I thought they were pretty at night. My friends managed to take a pre-bedtime nap out on that balcony almost every evening, so I don't think the lights bothered them at all! ;) Also note that the balcony was a great size and had some extra furniture too (I think there was a large table and 4 nice chairs and 2 footstools, but it did not come with lounge chairs. My friends requested lounge chairs from their cabin steward though, and received them by the end of day one! Even with the 2 extra chairs they still had plenty of room on the balcony!

Thank you very much!!! I was so very excited when I booked the room and then read an Oasis review about the dish cleaning and pots banging next door and got really scared. (Light doesn't bother me that much).

You made me happy again;)

• 1 year later...

Hey Bonnie Voyager,I would like to ask you a few questions.My husband and I are going on the Oasis and we have room 11229.Can you please tell me if the wall beside the room is where they keep there dishes.We was on the Dream a few weeks ago and had a room next to the dish room and it was not good.And also is the bed next to the balcony or the wall by the closet.I would really appreciate your help.Thanks

Hey Bonnie Voyager,I would like to ask you a few questions.My husband and I are going on the Oasis and we have room 11229.Can you please tell me if the wall beside the room is where they keep there dishes.We was on the Dream a few weeks ago and had a room next to the dish room and it was not good.And also is the bed next to the balcony or the wall by the closet.I would really appreciate your help.Thanks

I don't know what is in the area beside cabin 11229, but my friends who stayed in that cabin loved it and would have no problem booking it again, so I suspect there is nothing there for you to worry about! :D

We have one of these balconies booked on Oasis. I had also read about the possible noise and would like to hear from others.

Hi Bonnie....we're wondering if you could direct us to a site that would show us the balcony for Cabin 7130 on the Legend of the Seas....we'd love to see pictures both from the room looking out at the balcony and pictures from the ocean looking in at the balcony.....and what's the square footage.

Thanks so much for your assistance....we've enjoyed your informative commentary over the years...thanks again.

Peter

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...