Enchantment Found Post-Stretch Deckplan

tipster42

keasc: It looks like your cabin is far enough back that it's not part of the new "midsection" - if Royal Caribbean's term is accurate and specific.

Everyone see the NEW CONCIERGE CLUB??? First one on a Vision Class ship, and OUR REWARD for losing our New Year's cruise!

WOOHOO!

Carol

Tipster - sorry but that link goes to the same deck plans as are available now....on the RCCL website, they have a link for the 7/2005 deck plans, but they are exactly the same as the ones for prior the stretch. My cabin number is still not listed at all on either one.

No, Lisa, deck two really IS there. (what is your cabin number?) Click on the link above, then click on Deck Two on the little mockup of the ship to the left of the deck that you see when you get to the site.

It worked for me.

Carol

Everyone see the NEW CONCIERGE CLUB??? First one on a Vision Class ship, and OUR REWARD for losing our New Year's cruise!

WOOHOO!

Carol

Merion_Mom, did you get an answer from RCCL regarding your "aborted" cruise? I see that you are going again but was that one offered by them?

HA! Royal Caribbean has done NOTHING for me. I had already booked this, but losing the Jewel cruise has made booking a Grand Suite on the Enchantment for its 8/14/05 sailing out of Philadelphia, where we live, the BEST idea I ever had! (I have travel insurance and am just waiting for that check................ ;) )

Carol

HA! Royal Caribbean has done NOTHING for me. I had already booked this, but losing the Jewel cruise has made booking a Grand Suite on the Enchantment for its 8/14/05 sailing out of Philadelphia, where we live, the BEST idea I ever had! (I have travel insurance and am just waiting for that check................ ;) )

Carol

Good, we know for sure you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever with this one, it's local! Enjoy!!

Merion Mom, thanks for the cabin info. After looking at the deckplans again I see 8134 won't be in the new section, which really doesn't matter. I just got off the phone with RCI a minute ago & switched cabins. I saw an aft cabin, 8170, came available & took it. Love those aft cabins.:D

I did see they added a Concierge Club. I am now a diamond mwmber after our Jewel cruise & am looking foward to using their services.

What happened with your Jewel sailing that you got bumped?

Seaside, I saw your thread over on the M&M boards & stopped in to say hi. I was thinking about switching over to your sail date but now that I have my aft cabin, I'm going to stay put. Camila said she's not going with me on this cruise, so I'll be doing this one solo. She wants to do Disney World with her daughter this summer & won't have enough vacation time to do both.

Hi Ken - good to see you online again. How was your Jewel cruise? We had a fabulous time on the repositioning cruise and have booked the westbound transatlantic and a Boston/Bermuda/Caribbean rt on the Jewel, October 22nd. Thanks to the person who posted the new Enchantment deckplans. Glad to see they have added a concierge club. The RCI rep has promised Rita and me a chance to tour the Enchantment this summer when it comes to Boston and I am looking forward to seeing the additions they have made.

We are in Florida for the month of January and enjoy being away from the cold and snow. Hoping for a Patriots victory (in snowy weather) today against the Colts.

Best to Carmela and you. Keep in touch, maybe we can get together when you are in Boston for your Enchantment cruise.

Sometimes, but not always, your travel agent can get you an invitation. In these days of high security that is possible far less often than it used to be.

When she retired from her longterm career, my wife began selling cruises part time for a local travel agency and got the promise of a tour.

Years ago, before either of us had any connection with the travel industry except as a consumer, we were good friends with a high-level RCI official. He used to invite us on their ships when they were in Boston. Unfortunately, he has long since left their employ and those treats are now few and far between.

Merion_Mom - we briefly met on the Voyager this past summer and I feel really bad about you not getting on the Jewel. I recalled you mentioning this trip to me when we met while I was waiting to talk to the cruise agent on the Voyager. We sailed the Carnival Inspiration at Xmas and learned we won't book a Carnival Fantasy class ship again :-). Too spoiled...

That said, I'll be looking forward to hear from you and those of you who sail the Enchantment after she gets stretched. I booked it for Xmas next year as gift to my entire family - husband, 26 year old twin sons, and then 12 year old (sure beats trying to guess what somebody might want for Xmas and then dealing with all the wrapping :-)). My sons only want to do a 5 day so the Voyager class ships were out as they are on 10 days at that time. And, those Enchantment post stretch sketches sure look enticing and it seems the ship will appeal to the while family. The twin son who did go on the Carnival cruise with us this year asked me to not book Carnival next year, at least not a Fantasy class ship.

lojill - I wouldn't say the cruise on Carnival was bad. We had good food, visited fun ports (Grand Cayman and Cozumel), and relaxed a lot. This ship, the Inspiration, wasn't in great shape - broken closet, broken shower head, broken elevator, broken ice cream machine to name a few items. And this after just having come out of refurbishment in October. And decor too Las Vegasy for us - many like it, we prefer understated elegance. With so many ships to choose from, many sailing the same itineraries, we've decided we have no need to sail Carnival Fantasy class. We may try one of the newer Carnival ships, but so far nothing has enticed me in terms of booking one.

Tried it again....and the plans shown for post stretch are THE SAME as the deck plans pre stretch, especially on deck 2! (not certain about other decks.) I have cabin 2599 assigned and it isn't listed on either.

Hi Lisa,

Your cabin, 2599 is an inside on starboard side 2 doors forward of aft elevators.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=00007dOlPipO82vlwnlDGZEDa60:v2mocc7o?shipCode=EN&deckCode=BD&shipProfile=1069&sailDate=1050117

Thats interesting.We are sailing in Feb13th 2006 on Enchantment to Key west ,Cozmel, Belieze and this my family and friends first cruise so I'm praying everything goes fine. If it dosen't the will kill me(smile). And it will be after the renovations.At least their will be 5 to 6 months to work out all the problems.

Tried it again....and the plans shown for post stretch are THE SAME as the deck plans pre stretch, especially on deck 2! (not certain about other decks.) I have cabin 2599 assigned and it isn't listed on either.

Lisa, I am trying again for you........click here - Cabin 2599 is three forward of the aft elevators on the starboard side.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000JnoK6VdDO2sMO-pITi_NZbb:v2mocc7o?shipCode=EN&deckCode=BD&shipProfile=1069&sailDate=1050117

Carol

OK everyone! Thanks for your help! I believe you, but when I click on those links I still get the old deck plans and when I click on the link in that link (does that make sense?) I get the same deck plan. It must be me and my computer, but THANK YOU everyone! I am happy! It is a great location (I really wanted to be close to the elevators) and maybe someday I will get the links to work for me!

Cruise Critic people are great!

sailinglisa - it sounds like maybe you've got some temporary files cached on your computer and that's what you're seeing. Depending on your internet browser settings, when you click on the link for the deckplans, your browser may see there's a file of the same name stored on your computer so it goes there first and calls this up and not the new one. This setting allows web pages to load faster as it doesn't have to pull from the internet each time, but it can cause issues like you're seeing.

If this is the issue, I suggest you go to Tools, Internet Options from IE (if this is the browser you are using) and choose Delete from the Temporary Settings section of the dialog box. It's possible you have your "Check for Newer Versions of Stored Pages" on a setting that is causing this. Another thing you can do is Clear History from your History settings, found at the bottom of that same dialog box.

This may not be the issue but when I've seen problems in the past such as you're describing here, it's often caused by temporary files hanging around on you computer.

Archived