Allure Secrets??? Past Cruisers, Tell Us Please!!!!

Are there any favorite foods, places on deck/great sail away spots, freebies, secrets, etc that most people don't know about or that RCI doesn't tell you about on Allure?

What are your A) top 5 must bring for cabins, B) must do while on Allure and C) top 5 of don't bother/a waste of time on Allure! :D

Are there any favorite foods, places on deck/great sail away spots, freebies, secrets, etc that most people don't know about or that RCI doesn't tell you about on Allure?

What are your A) top 5 must bring for cabins, B) must do while on Allure and C) top 5 of don't bother/a waste of time on Allure! :D

Halfway through the cruise, Allure turns into a great White Elk and runs away....

Sorry _ couldn't resist. So many wasnt to know about secrets, I find out humorous.

It's a cruise ship. What kind of secrets are you hoping to unearth?

Also, if it's a secret, how would anyone know?

Halfway through the cruise, Allure turns into a great White Elk and runs away....

Sorry _ couldn't resist. So many wasnt to know about secrets, I find out humorous.

It's a cruise ship. What kind of secrets are you hoping to unearth?

Also, if it's a secret, how would anyone know?

If you don't have something informative or polite to say, why bother to reply?

Go to Park cafe for lunch first day and miss the crowd in the Buffet (Windjammer). Get the beef sandwich. You won't be disappointed.

Go to Central Park at night. Cigar smoking is allowed on deck 17 forward at night.

1. Sailaway show at Aqua Theater around 5:15pm

2. Ocean Aria at Aqua Theater (book online)

3. Blue Planet main theater (book online)

4. Ice cream machines; one in wipeout cafe, other between the two forward pools (free)

5. Sorrento's pizza(u don't have to grab a slice; you can order your own fresh made pizza; ask for a box then take it to central park to eat)

6. Boardwalk Dogs; (free and nice selection)

7. Pinnacle Lounge: deck 16 (nice view for picture taking)

8. Shuffle Board courts are located behind Aquatheater

9. There are two balconies by the aquatheater; both sides of ship; good for viewing shows and or just relaxing

10. Lobster night 2nd formal nite

Go to Park cafe for lunch first day and miss the crowd in the Buffet (Windjammer). Get the beef sandwich. You won't be disappointed.

Go to Central Park at night. Cigar smoking is allowed on deck 17 forward at night.

Yummy! Thanks for the tips! :)

Love the little sandwiches in the Cafe Promenade. I love sitting at the back of the ship on deck 5 (thats where the jogging track is). I wouldn't do it at night, it would probably be creepy if you were by yourself. Check out the Viking Crown Lounge it is beautiful.

4. Ice cream machines; one in wipeout cafe, other between the two forward pools (free)

5. Sorrento's pizza(u don't have to grab a slice; you can order your own fresh made pizza; ask for a box then take it to central park to eat)

9. There are two balconies by the aquatheater; both sides of ship; good for viewing shows and or just relaxing

Thank You! Lot's of great tips!

Great secrets, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try some of these out next month, especially #'s 1, 4 and 5!!!

Thanks for your secrets! Looking forward to trying out some of them next month, especially #'s 1, 4 & 5!

Diane

I wish I had spent more time in Central Park, it was my favorite area. Finally caught onto that on the 5th day. They pipe in birds singing during the day and crickets at night, there is a nice breeze and it's just so pleasant. The cafe in Central Park has really nice food, wish I would have eaten there more often. Yesterday before we debarked we had breakfast there, they grill sandwiches and they are crispy, hot and good. That is also where they slice the roast beef for sandwiches. The bartender at the bar out there has a great personality and we enjoyed stopping there the last two nights. So sad it's over.

Another nice tip about Allure. There is a violin and cello duo. They play all over the ship. Dining Room; Royal Promenade, and Central Park; if you see them; stop and listen to them; they are wonderful. They do a rendition of Led Zepplin's "Stairway to Heaven"; that is not to be missed.

1. Try the Solarium Bistro. I am really in the minority and NOT a fan of the roast beef sandwiches at park café. They do have nice custom salads at Park cafe

2. Johnny Rockets has a fresh (free) breakfast each morning. It was never crowded the week we sailed.

3. Don’t forget to pre-book shows but - you might get into show you did not or could not book

4. Watch the folks on the flow riders and zip-line

5. Try to explore the ship. You will still go a whole week and miss things

Most important - ENJOY

M

Love the little sandwiches in the Cafe Promenade. I love sitting at the back of the ship on deck 5 (thats where the jogging track is). I wouldn't do it at night, it would probably be creepy if you were by yourself. Check out the Viking Crown Lounge it is beautiful.

Is the back of the ship on deck 5 a good place to get sun or just a quiet relaxing spot? Thanks for the info!

Deck 5 is the jogging track; they have about ten lounge chairs and you can get sun back there; it is quiet; not a lot of people know about it. when I cruised in Jan; parts of the ship by the pool felt cool; so we went down to deck 5 and sat there; sunny with no breeze.

Is the back of the ship on deck 5 a good place to get sun or just a quiet relaxing spot? Thanks for the info!

I am assuming you are on the western itinerary so the ship will be headed south and west for the first few days so that part of the ship should be in the sun in the morning till shortly after noon. I'll have a good idea after my cruise, but it will be too late to pass it on to you;)

Deck 5 is the jogging track; they have about ten lounge chairs and you can get sun back there; it is quiet; not a lot of people know about it. when I cruised in Jan; parts of the ship by the pool felt cool; so we went down to deck 5 and sat there; sunny with no breeze.

Thanks for the tip! That's my kind of spot.

I wish I had spent more time in Central Park, it was my favorite area. Finally caught onto that on the 5th day. They pipe in birds singing during the day and crickets at night, there is a nice breeze and it's just so pleasant. The cafe in Central Park has really nice food, wish I would have eaten there more often. Yesterday before we debarked we had breakfast there, they grill sandwiches and they are crispy, hot and good. That is also where they slice the roast beef for sandwiches. The bartender at the bar out there has a great personality and we enjoyed stopping there the last two nights. So sad it's over.

Thanks, We will be sure to check it out early in the week!

Another nice tip about Allure. There is a violin and cello duo. They play all over the ship. Dining Room; Royal Promenade, and Central Park; if you see them; stop and listen to them; they are wonderful. They do a rendition of Led Zepplin's "Stairway to Heaven"; that is not to be missed.

Love this tip! Thank you!

Archived