What is the worst balcony cabin on Ventura?

blitznbobs

We usually book an 'exact' cabin but have ben offered 600 pound discount for a 'guarantee' on one particular cruise (Ventura)... what 's the worst we can expect??? and would you risk it (None of us get see sick and would normally book an aft / aft facing cabin but there are none left on this particular cruise)

Thanks in advance

BnBx

I always said that any balcony was a good balcony but was on Ventura recently, and heard a few people saying that their Riviera deck balcony had an overhang above it, and got no sun at all.

We were on C deck, with the large balconies, and I could recommend them.

We booked the cheapest guaranteed JG grade and were given the C deck cabin. I immediately went on to my TA and asked them to mark my booking "no upgrade".

I always said that any balcony was a good balcony but was on Ventura recently, and heard a few people saying that their Riviera deck balcony had an overhang above it, and got no sun at all.

We were on C deck, with the large balconies, and I could recommend them.

We booked the cheapest guaranteed JG grade and were given the C deck cabin. I immediately went on to my TA and asked them to mark my booking "no upgrade".

Yes if you are sun lovers then caber is right about the Riviera deck balconies getting limited sun. Other than that there appeared to be some which were the last cabins on A and B deck to the aft but still on each side of the ship which appeared to have a balcony that was angled and effectively meant they could only look towards the front along the side of the ship. I have heard of many on a guarantee who have ended up with C deck cabins, presumably as they are a relatively low grade despite having the benefit of the extra depth. I think that unless you like gambling, consider whether the money would compensate you for having to put up with a poor balcony position. If it would then whatever you get given may be a bonus.

Hi,

we also booked a jc guaranteed cabin on Ventura and have been allocated a grade jb cabin in the middle of the ship on c deck, which has a bigger balcony (I wouldn't say they are low grade cabins because this is the deck above all the super deluxe balcony rooms). So I would say to you GO FOR IT! It has worked out good for us.

Good luck,

darren

Unless you can find someone who has been in every balcony cabin I don't think you'll get an answer as to any which may be bad.

If I was saving £600 I wouldn't be too fussed - you may even get a superior deluxe.

I would prefer to be near the rear of the ship as it's nearer Metropolis!

Were were on a C deck balcony (part overlooked) and these are the biggest, even bigger than the deluxe cabins below (fully over looked)

all the above balconies are half the size of the c deck cabins (not over looked)

Check out the attached P&O link, this is obstructed views for Azura but they should be similar for Ventura.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/Azura_obs

Other than these the bad ones will be:- the Riviera deck cabins which have the Lido deck overhang and some at the front of the ship which can be uncomfortable in rough seas, plus any forward cabin on the lowest decks in rough seas which will suffer from spray on the balcony.

Hi,

we also booked a jc guaranteed cabin on Ventura and have been allocated a grade jb cabin in the middle of the ship on c deck, which has a bigger balcony (I wouldn't say they are low grade cabins because this is the deck above all the super deluxe balcony rooms). So I would say to you GO FOR IT! It has worked out good for us.

Good luck,

darren

Darren think you may have misunderstood me when I said C deck cabins were a lower grade, I didnt mean inferior, I meant they were a lower grade within P&Os cabin gradings i.e. JA, JB, JC, JD etc. Therefore a midship balcony cabin on C deck will be a lower official grade than a midship cabin on A deck despite being the same size inside and the C deck one having the bigger balconies. Some people who have booked C deck cabins and not said no to an upgrade have found themselves automatically upgrade by P&O to one on say A deck, losing their big balcony but going up a couple of grades.

Hi,

All understand now Kev. BTW I just called my TA and asked them to uncheck to free upgrade box as we are more than happy with our allocation. (my TA is Virgin, and they never asked us when we booked if we wanted to be put on the upgrade list or not, but automatically ticked it......)

regards,

darren

We were on C deck but moved to a larger cabin on D deck rather than the larger balcony. Its personal decision, but for us this was a great move. Time spent on Balcony probably about 15 mins per day. Yes they are overlooked but this did not bother us at all. Its only overlooked if you look up :D Rooms are much bigger and I had a good time on Ventura, although I don't think ill sail on her again, but I will sail with P& O again.

• 1 month later...
We usually book an 'exact' cabin but have ben offered 600 pound discount for a 'guarantee' on one particular cruise (Ventura)... what 's the worst we can expect??? and would you risk it (None of us get see sick and would normally book an aft / aft facing cabin but there are none left on this particular cruise)

Thanks in advance

BnBx

Hi, We are booked for the ventura in May 2012 and had originally booked cabin B750 but when the conformation came through it had "partially obstructed view" on the booking form, After some research on Google images i found a picture of a large vertical beam in the middle of the balcony, I have since changed cabins to B756 .....You have been warned!!:D

We were "upgraded" to C605 on Ventura & after asking around the forums it appeared to be a good move (large balcony as we spend a lot of time on it, midship etc). However, it was VERY noisey constant 24/7 drone & chugging noises (presumably from the funnels). :eek:We hardly slept for the week. I've since found our that P&O often use this cabin for "upgrades" as those "in the know" wouldn't book it!! Be warned avoid C605 & the others either side.:mad:

which grade did you book with guarentee, i assume it was the cheapest balcony? upgraded to D deck?

Yes JG (normal balcony) to delux balcony on D... TBH if i'd chosen a cabin I couldn't have picked better the only thing I'd want more is an AFT facing cabin...V.V happy... thanks P&O - don 't you dare change it now!!

BnBx

We were "upgraded" to C605 on Ventura & after asking around the forums it appeared to be a good move (large balcony as we spend a lot of time on it, midship etc). However, it was VERY noisey constant 24/7 drone & chugging noises (presumably from the funnels). :eek:We hardly slept for the week. I've since found our that P&O often use this cabin for "upgrades" as those "in the know" wouldn't book it!! Be warned avoid C605 & the others either side.:mad:

We were given an 'upgrade' to an A deck midship 600s cabin on our next cruise on Azura. We knew from last year on Ventura that these cabins are noisy. Like an aeroplane noise. Watch out for the white space opposite these cabins on all decks.

We finally managed to get our original cabin back after 2 days of upset.

Beware all - make sure you mark your booking no upgrade, even though you may not be asked about it on booking with a TA, as we have never been asked.

We have been in the adjacent C603 and we are light sleepers and didnt hear a thing?

Odd.

I have recently returned from a cruise on Ventura on which I occupied the cabin next door, C607. I did not notice any excessive noise.

Archived