Rita's Cantina now a la carte

We are currently on board the Allure. Effective with our cruise Rita's has gone from a $7.95 service charge to a $3.00 service charge and all food is now priced a la carte. Basically the same as what they did with the Seafood Shack on Oasis. Not sure how they will handle it with those that pre paid for lunch. Will found out later in the week when we have lunch there again.

Also, today in Nassau we are not leaving until 2:00 in place of the 1:00 that was scheduled.

So far a great cruise. Over 1800 kids on board right now.

I'm very interested in the later departure time from Nassau. I wonder if that's going to be a regular change. An extra hour there makes a big difference when one is considering going to Atlantis for their water park.

I guess we'll see for ourselves in eight weeks!!

Just off the Allure yesterday and we had a group from our Meet and Mingle group go to Ritas (about 14 of us all together). We paid $21 and they brought food to the table for us all to share (more than enough with lots left over), 3 drinks and we had a blast. We danced, did the limbo, great group participation by everyone in the restaurant. Felt like a big party hosted by friends where you meet everyone. Was one of the highlights to the cruise - and afterwards we all went to the Quest. All I can say about that is what happens on the Allure, hopefully stays on the Allure:p.

Rita's is a la carte on Radiance also. That went into effect June 10th.

Patti what do you think about these cover charges and add on fees? I mean extra charge for tacos and burritos! What next silverware? I love RCI but where will it end???

Patti what do you think about these cover charges and add on fees? I mean extra charge for tacos and burritos! What next silverware? I love RCI but where will it end???

I can't give you an honest answer until I've tried the venues that have the extra charge which we will do in September. I can, however, honestly say that with the new menu at Chops, it is worth every penny as we ate there 3 times on our recent consecutive cruise on Enchantment in April.

Personally, I like the idea of having other options..........because between you and me........the menus in the MDR need help. They've added these new dining venues, but you are not obligated to eat there and there are still other venues that have no charge.

We are currently on board the Allure. Effective with our cruise Rita's has gone from a $7.95 service charge to a $3.00 service charge and all food is now priced a la carte.

Does that mean $3.00 plus cost of food? Can someone post a menu with prices? Thanks!

We loved Rita's Cantina. Can't believe they are charging ala carte now. Crazy! The big mistake was the my husband got talked into a huge margarita to share. the bill caME IT was 40 dollars! Holy crap! Needless to say I was a little buzzed and went back to our room and passed out for much of the afternoon! LOL!!!

Personally, I like the idea of having other options..........because between you and me........the menus in the MDR need help. They've added these new dining venues, but you are not obligated to eat there and there are still other venues that have no charge.

100% agree with you on this. Never thought we would lean more towards the specialty restaurants but that is now the case. Really enjoy all the choices the Oasis has to offer.

I was looking forward to having a lunch at Rita's, but if it's going to run me $15-$20 for one lunch, the Windjammer will likely win out. Oh well, I'm sure I can get some authentic Mexican food for way less this summer.

We loved Rita's Cantina. Can't believe they are charging ala carte now. Crazy! The big mistake was the my husband got talked into a huge margarita to share. the bill caME IT was 40 dollars! Holy crap! Needless to say I was a little buzzed and went back to our room and passed out for much of the afternoon! LOL!!!

Sorry- forty dollars for ONE drink? I'd be freaking out, no matter how big it was.

The extra hour in Nassau is going to be permanent for all sailings on Allure, i am not sure about Oasis though.

Are the prices for Rita's pricey now that it is al carte

How do you know that the extra hour in Nassau will be permanent? Did they make announcement? I am very interested in this, because we want to go to Atlantis on our cruise in August.

We loved Rita's Cantina, in my most humble opinion, it is worth it.

Heck we did a progressive lunch one day. We went to 5 different places to eat & didn't cost anything.:eek:

Well, that was a very good price.

How do you know that the extra hour in Nassau will be permanent? Did they make announcement? I am very interested in this, because we want to go to Atlantis on our cruise in August.

We are sailing on Allure in October and our scheduled departure time is 2 pm. I'm not sure if it ever was 1 pm. I wasn't paying that much attention.

I'm very interested in the later departure time from Nassau. I wonder if that's going to be a regular change. An extra hour there makes a big difference when one is considering going to Atlantis for their water park.

I guess we'll see for ourselves in eight weeks!!

I've been booked on the Allure for over a year and the departure has always been 2:00 for my Halloween cruise.

Judy in MI

Archived