Is It Only Me?Im addicted !!!

Ever since i've been on these cruise boards i've been very addicted to them i can't stop going on them i go on them at least 2-4 times a day and stay on them for about 15-30mins each time im really suppossed to be cleaning my house but i just can't does anyone else do this or is this normal my cruise is in the begining of august on ncl dawn... any sugestings on how to make it come fast lol.. please help

Don't feel bad -- you have lots of company!!! Our cruise is coming up in May and I find myself doing the same thing. "Let's see, I need to check and see if there are any new comments made about the Sea. Who's back and what kind of time did they have? What about the shore excursion planning -- what has everyone been doing?"

Sometimes I think I have no real life!

I don't have a problem :rolleyes: I can stop anytime I want. I just never seem to want to. I think I book cruises to have a reason to come here. What else would I do while on endless conference calls. I am on one now that started at 9 am. yada, yada, yada.....working on my next thread "Adventures in Booking a Cruise" how hard can you make it.

Hi, Shoreguy. We used to live in Long Valley.

Is the Public House still there? Pleasant Pools? The flea market on Sundays?

I sometimes miss that whole area, really a beautiful part of NJ (although some people would never believe any part of NJ can be).

The only thing I don't miss is going up Schooley's Mt. in the snow.:eek:

Hi, Shoreguy. We used to live in Long Valley.

Is the Public House still there? Pleasant Pools? The flea market on Sundays?

I sometimes miss that whole area, really a beautiful part of NJ (although some people would never believe any part of NJ can be).

The only thing I don't miss is going up Schooley's Mt. in the snow.:eek:

Chester update ;)

Public House is closed - new owners are working to update and reopen.

Pleasent Pools going strong - love the after xmas sales

Flea market was run out of town by Shoprite - they owned the land it it was hurting retail sales. Building a new mall on the site but construction as been at a stand still for 1 year - they lost the anchor tenant - Talbots

Turkey Farm was almost gone. They sold out and the new owners were going to put a bank on the corner. The town stopped it and it is open as a resturant. Not just family style turkey dinners anymore.

Sorry to hi-Jack the thread but these are the things that happen here so we have to pay attention every day.

:) have2cruise05, YES, YOU ARE ADDICTED!!! Every day I say I will ONLY spend one hour on the computer, but it USUALLY is TWO HOUR'S!!!! But, just think, you are in the company of MANY, MANY other Cruise Critic Addicts.....

It starts out simple, first you only read the posts of the cruise line you are going on, then you start to read the posts of a cruise line you MAY want to go on, then you start to read some other topics, like, "Cruise Rituals", "Family Cruising", and what ever countries you may be stopping at, reading EVERY SINGLE posting about your cruise ship!! THEN, before you know it, you are reading AND posting in five or MORE cruise related topics!!!!

And this all happens when you KNOW you should be doing OTHER THINGS, like working, cleaning house, doing the laundry, going to the grocery store, making dinner, taking the dogs out for walks, etc, etc....... It IS a frightfull thing.......

I HAVE got to get off this computer in fact, right now!!! I have been on for 2 hours and 7 minutes.....

TTFN

Suesan:):):)

Initially, my husband would make "interested" noises (hmmm, you don't say, etc) but recently he has mentioned my habit is getting out of control. I now "blog" in secret. This is not a problem, I too can stop any time, as soon as I see what they're saying about that nice shiny Jewel, and the Spirit, and Grand Cayman, and what not funny comment has Mr X made today, and oh yeah did my friend from family cruising get onboard ok??

We leave March 27, I really need to get off this board and start packing!!!! Which I will as soon as I look up Roatan.....:D :D :D

Not really - I don't think anyone knows that I secretly spend most of the day on cruise critic......do they????

It is like a support group - people don't understand unless they are also addicted.

Thank goodness most of the people posting on these boards are addicted; just think how boring it would be to go on a cruise and not be excited about it. On my last cruise (traditional dining UGH! we sat with a couple who were so blase about the whole thing (and weren't the slightest bit curious about Cruise Critic). I actually felt sorry for them.

Adele

Yep! I'm addicted to these boards too! Especially if I post a message because I want to see what other people have to say. Thankfully, I cruise in about 7 weeks, so hopefully it'll subside after that....hopefully.

Yes I am totally hooked on these sites - I have two cruises booked (Alaska in August on Norwegian Star, and then Eastern Caribbean on Navigator of the Seas over New Years) and I am afraid I'll miss something if I don't check every few hours.

And I look for cruises I may take in 2006 - Panama Canal or Europe, on ships I probably can only dream about...

Verna

Yep! I'm addicted to these boards too! Especially if I post a message because I want to see what other people have to say. Thankfully, I cruise in about 7 weeks, so hopefully it'll subside after that....hopefully.

You'll be back. You won't be able to help yourself. You'll go on your cruise, then you'll score another and you'll be right back where you started. Here. :cool:

Have2cruise05, You are only on 2-4 times a day? You haven't hit the "get a life" stage like me. I am constantly here. My kids forgot what I look like, I shut and lock the computer room door and read every Dawn thread I can. Then I go to OTHER web sites and read all of their Dawn threads. I know what that ship looks like inside and out, and I've never been on her. Seen all the pictures though. I will be on her April 10th. After that , I will quit my board addiction, until the next cruise.

I can't seem to control it so I know it's bad :eek: You know it's a problem when you have to leave home and all you do is think about these boards until you get back. To make matters worse I work at home on the computer. It takes me much longer now to finish work because I keep taking breaks to come to these boards.

A warning to all you newly addicted cruises. It gets worse! You will find yourself on these boards pre-cruise, post-cruise, planning cruise, every stage you could think of. Plus we must not forget how addicting all the great people on these boards are. We cruisers understand each other........

Is this the beginning of a 12 step program? :D Hi, my name is mommiemudd and I am addicted to cruisecritic.com. I was so happy when we starting thinking about booking our next cruise so that I could spend more time on the boards! My husband wants to know why I spend so much time on the computer! Research honey, research. Got a great deal on the cruise and now have all the activites planned. All he has to do is request the time off and pack. So much great information out here! Great site for a planner like me!! I check this site all the time becaue I am afraid I might miss something! And I just went on the Spirit in August so I am sure it has not changed and will not change a lot before April! Oh well, bad TV night anyway.

not sure how to do this, but....this is the first thread that has made me sign in. to be honest...i have been a closet cc reader. it started when i booked the dawn and it has never stopped. i am a web cam addict. i watch all the ships..the weather. i even had the best time in the "what ever happened to" section reading about my first cruise on carnival mardi gras...oh how you get hooked.....this is sometimes not good. my family wonders what i am doing constantly clicking on "refresh" to see where the heck the ship is now...ps...i think the dawn had to turn around this AM in nassau....atlantis last night in the foreground, the view of opposite (the way we "parked" docked what ever...in feb of 2003) was only a repositioning. aaaaauuugggghhh...it does not ever end. addicted i am...:p

not sure how to do this, but....this is the first thread that has made me sign in. to be honest...i have been a closet cc reader. it started when i booked the dawn and it has never stopped. i am a web cam addict. i watch all the ships..the weather. i even had the best time in the "what ever happened to" section reading about my first cruise on carnival mardi gras...oh how you get hooked.....this is sometimes not good. my family wonders what i am doing constantly clicking on "refresh" to see where the heck the ship is now...ps...i think the dawn had to turn around this AM in nassau....atlantis last night in the foreground, the view of opposite (the way we "parked" docked what ever...in feb of 2003) was only a repositioning. aaaaauuugggghhh...it does not ever end. addicted i am...:p

Well! It's about time you came outta the closet and joined the rest of us happy addicts!;)

Archived