Is It Only Me?Im addicted !!!

now i have to figgur out how to get the cruises i have under my belt listed and where i am going next when i post. as a "voyer" newbie to CC (2 years ago) i used to think this info was either lame or braggin. now as i have read....and read....and read.... over the years that info is sooooo important to see where the poster is coming from. web cams are dark :( must turn off computer

12 hours after original post...

25 posts...

136 read

16 different posters

9 currently on line

1 posted 3 times

1 poster posted 6 times

2 posters posted 2 times

this poster actually counted all the posts.

are we addicted??? i would say so....

(Btw.. the time this posts... statistics will be changed :) )

Hi,

You all are cracking me up. I thought I was the only one and starting to question my sanity. We are leaving in three weeks on the Sun, and I started watching these boards in November. It started with just watching, and then we saw a post from the family who will be in the cabin next to us on the Sun. Of course I then had to respond. Believe it or not we have been on 6 cruises, and we didn't know about these boards. I now stick my nose and my reply in when I can help or need help. It's really a lot of fun as well as addicting. I just figured out 2 days ago how to add where I'm from and the little sleeping dolphin. One of these days I'll figure out how to post what cruises we've been on at the end of the post. I'm just an amateur, but I'm having a blast. Everyone has been a great help, and this time our shore excursions are booked ahead and we've seen loads of photos of the ship. Thanks to everyone who posts!!:)

12 hours after original post...

25 posts...

136 read

16 different posters

9 currently on line

1 posted 3 times

1 poster posted 6 times

2 posters posted 2 times

this poster actually counted all the posts.

are we addicted??? i would say so....

(Btw.. the time this posts... statistics will be changed :) )

more then 10 online - some of use use the invisable feature - never know if we are online :D

Well, here I sit, coffee in hand, tuned to the CC boards. I'm scaring myself now! Like I have nuthin' better to do with my Saturday morning. I must be strong ...

I can't figure out how to do the signature. I went in and actually created one, butso I guess we'll see if it appears.:confused:

Then I go to OTHER web sites and read all of their Dawn threads. I know what that ship looks like inside and out, and I've never been on her. Seen all the pictures though.

What, there are OTHER websites?? Oh no.

PS: where are the best Dawn pix?

Since I'm doing research on a new car, I was at the library yesterday. While there, I noticed two new novels that I've wanted to read.

I had them in my hands, then thought, "If I start reading these, it'll cut into my time on Cruise Critic." I put the books back.

That last one cracked me up. I love to read, and I will admit, lately I've been spending more time at cruisecritic.com than I have reading. Nothing like a good laugh to start off my Saturday.

Now you can just make a list of those books you most want to read, and take them with you on that next cruise, since you won't have the unlimited availability to cruisecritic. Which brings up another question, anybody addicted enough to pay the internet charges onboard to spend time on cruisecritic??? Luckily, my addiction hasn't gotten that desperate yet :D .

That last one cracked me up. I love to read, and I will admit, lately I've been spending more time at cruisecritic.com than I have reading. Nothing like a good laugh to start off my Saturday.

Now you can just make a list of those books you most want to read, and take them with you on that next cruise, since you won't have the unlimited availability to cruisecritic. Which brings up another question, anybody addicted enough to pay the internet charges onboard to spend time on cruisecritic??? Luckily, my addiction hasn't gotten that desperate yet :D .

$103.00 for internet on the Dawn last month - I am a sick man :eek:

Not totally crazy - I only posted while I was sync. my company email. Sometimes that took 30 minutes. Who would send a 7mb file to their boss on a ship.

Answer - someone how is looking for a short term job :eek:

ute fan, Haven't taken to the internet on a cruise, yet. However, I love it when others give their first hand impressions. For example....

Shoreguy, I'd love to hear your impressions of the Jewel on her transatlantic since we will be on her in November.:D

ute fan, Haven't taken to the internet on a cruise, yet. However, I love it when others give their first hand impressions. For example....

Shoreguy, I'd love to hear your impressions of the Jewel on her transatlantic since we will be on her in November.:D

You will - my company company picks up the bill so I can be reached. Good for them, Good for you, not so good for me :confused:

We did pay for the internet package on our 1st cruise -- however, it was for this overprotective Mom to keep track of her kids by email. Only way my DH could convince me to go :o . I will admit that it never crossed my mind to use my minutes for cruisecritic.

We did pay for the internet package on our 1st cruise -- however, it was for this overprotective Mom to keep track of her kids by email. Only way my DH could convince me to go :o . I will admit that it never crossed my mind to use my minutes for cruisecritic.

There is still hope for you. You may someday escape this addiction

This is a great thread! When we first booked our cruise, I told myself I wasn't going to obsess, or overplan, or overload myself with too much information. Then I found this site, and I was hooked :p Really, though, it's been great, and I'm so glad I DID find it. It's been a big help in sorting through all the information that's out there and making good decisions about how to make the most of the time we have on our trip. We leave in 5 days, and I can't wait :D

Now I KNOW I have it bad ... last night I actually went to the NCL site and started a list of how many cabins are still available on the cruise I am on. I expect I will be checking back periodically to update. :eek:

I think I better find a support group ... oh that's right! That's what THIS is! :)

I find that I am so passionate about the boards only when I have a cruise planned. Especially as the cruise gets closer. But we are depressed if we aren't planning our next cruise as soon as we get off the last!

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this boarding thing. My husband and I have been reading these for months. My husband is not only addicted to the boards but now cruising! We were on the Dawn 12/09/04 and he has booked us on the Dawn 5/15/05 & 9/4/05. He can't stop! I'm loving it. :p

shoreguy,

ahhhhh now I have those 2 sites to check pictures. i've been sitting in the office at my internship checking out all the virtual tours. you're just increased my level of addiction a few more notches! :p

when is may 22 going to be here??!!!

haha..glad im not the only crazy in NJ. This is my first cruise and i have been driving my hubbie nuts. Still have to wait till nov. I was really into the disboards thanks to my sister a few years ago too, when we were going on a vaca to disney. I got so many ideas and great deals from that , so i figured i would try this board for the cruise and have found so many great things out. Its great. and quite an addiction.

Archived