Allure Review, Pictures and Other Great Information: Aug 7, 2011 Sailing

My husband and I are wanting to give the Allure a try, however we (and the couple going with us) do not have kids. With all of the Dreamworks characters, does it make for too much of a "kid-friendly" environment? We've always enjoyed the entire cruising experience and don't want to feel like we're in a theme park. Any thoughts?

Bro

Wife and I sail the Allure this Sunday 8/21/11

Have reservations all week in the specialty dinning including 2 nights in 150 Central park and 2 in Chops, Giovannis,Samba Grill and Izumi . We will not see the MDR, if you dined at any of the specialties, please share...thanks

We just returned from sailing on the Allure of the Seas Aug 7 thru 14... had a Funtastic time! any questions' date=' ask away? I usually do a review with lots of pics but this time I figured I would wait to hear what people want me to write about.[/quote']

I gain something from almost every review I read. In this case it will help me relive a great cruise I finished this spring. Just let it fly and let us comment ;)

Everything !!!! with pics ;);):D

I too would love to see pics, anything that you would think is important, any thing special we so do or see?

ok will do but it will take a couple of days for the first installment as I have nothing prepared right now...

My husband and I are wanting to give the Allure a try, however we (and the couple going with us) do not have kids. With all of the Dreamworks characters, does it make for too much of a "kid-friendly" environment? We've always enjoyed the entire cruising experience and don't want to feel like we're in a theme park. Any thoughts?

I didn't think it was over the top but I may be the wrong person to ask as I love the characters..Disney is one of our fav things to do...

But I believe the ship is so big and there are so many things to do outside of the characters that you will not feel like you are in a theme park...you have all the clubs and the places to enjoy great music where you don't see any characters at all.... the characters are not a part of the night life...we saw a show every night and not one of them included a Dreamworks Character...I also don't remember ever seeing any Characters on the pool deck during the day..The places where the characters will be are listed in the Daily Compass you can just avoid those places....that is just MHO...

What type of cabin did you have? Can you tell us what NOT to do, or was it everything you thought it would be, (just a great time :) Yes, pictures of balcony if you had one :)

We were in a Balcony, Deck 6, Cabin 6686, Aft, great location...not too far from an elevator, around the corner from the Boardwalk so every day we saw the carousel, one deck down was Guest Services and the promenade, Schooner bar and the photo shop were steps away, a few decks down to 3 was the Adagio Main Dining Room and the elevator up to Windjammer, Deck 16 (I think) was also just steps away

Can't tell you what not to do as we enjoyed every thing we tried, Balcony pics later...

When were you able to start reserving specialty dining and shows?

RCI rep says 90 days prior to sailing for both.

C&A rep says 60 days prior to sailing for both.

Who has the correct answer?

We were able to reserve specialty dining long before show reservations but I understand they were making some changes to shows which effected that....best thing to do is just try every few days...

Bro

Wife and I sail the Allure this Sunday 8/21/11

Have reservations all week in the specialty dinning including 2 nights in 150 Central park and 2 in Chops, Giovannis,Samba Grill and Izumi . We will not see the MDR, if you dined at any of the specialties, please share...thanks

We were a group of 18 including young kids and teens...you can't take the kids to the specialties and we like dining together...in addition to that we had a show every night and we didn't want to spend a lot on specialty dining not with so much to see and do on this ship so we only chose Chops...we have eaten at Chops on other ships and it was as good as ever...atmosphere was great, we had great service and the food was fantastic....you can find plenty of reviews on CC for the other specialties...Enjoy!!!

We were a group of 18 including young kids and teens...you can't take the kids to the specialties and we like dining together...in addition to that we had a show every night and we didn't want to spend a lot on specialty dining not with so much to see and do on this ship so we only chose Chops...we have eaten at Chops on other ships and it was as good as ever...atmosphere was great' date=' we had great service and the food was fantastic....you can find plenty of reviews on CC for the other specialties...Enjoy!!![/quote']

You mentioned no kids in the specialty restaurants, my son will be 16 when we cruise, is he still considered a "kid"?

I'd like some input on this one as well. We are already booked on Allure for March with a group and I'm kind of concerned about this as well... I guess I should specifiy that my concern is this sailing will be super kid-oriented as it seems that not only the characters but a lot of the shops and activities are geared more toward families.

Hello there ILUVCRUSIN it was great to meet you and your sisters ! so pleased you turned up for the M & M Did you get to eat your cadbury allure flake ? more important did you like it ?:D x

we just got back to u.k. yesterday.

wot an amazing ship as it was our first cruise its hard to know what ship will come up to standard with it for any future cruises.

we all had a fab time

I'll try and do a breif thread on our experience

You mentioned no kids in the specialty restaurants, my son will be 16 when we cruise, is he still considered a "kid"?

here's a link and some info on the age for Chops for you:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=586

Reservations

All guests over the age of 13 are welcome, you may dine with children under 13 years of age before 7:00 PM. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Reservations are recommended; please allow two hours for dining. You can begin the reservation process now or once onboard througth RCTV* in your stateroom or call the restaurant directly. Telephone numbers can be found in your stateroom. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD.

I'd like some input on this one as well. We are already booked on Allure for March with a group and I'm kind of concerned about this as well... I guess I should specifiy that my concern is this sailing will be super kid-oriented as it seems that not only the characters but a lot of the shops and activities are geared more toward families.

why do you say this? please see my earlier post to this question...no need to fret.:D..plenty of non Character events onboard Allure...

I will have to get my brother to scan in my Compasses but here's a link to an earlier cruise...ours was pretty much the same...these give you an idea of the daily activities:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343026

Archived