Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old March 6th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default What time can you board?

The ship leaves at 6:00 pm, what time will we be allowed to start boarding the ship? I've read we can't get into our room until around 2:00 but curious if we can get on earlier and tour the ship, have lunch, etc.

TIA!

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Which ship, which port. If all goes smoothly in getting the morning arrival passengers off the ship in a timely manner, boarding usually begins around 11 or 11:30.....if all goes well. Yes, then you can start eating, drinking, and people watching while waitng for rooms to be ready.

Old March 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the info, Breakaway out of NYC

Old March 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Can't wait to check out that new ship next year; will be cool to see the hull art Peter Max is doing on it!

I plan to get there before noon anyway; usually boarding starts around noon--even if it leaves it 6. Or 8.

Sailing again soon on:
Carnival Splendor - NCL Gem CTN - RC Quantum of the Seas CTN

Past Cruises:
RC Explorer of the SeasNCL Gem ● NCL Breakaway CTN x 2 ● Carnival Glory ● NCL Breakaway Celebrity Equinox ● NCL Jewel CTN ● NCL Gem ● Carnival GloryDisney Magic CTNCarnival Freedom ● Norwegian Star ● Norwegian Gem ● Carnival Miracle CTNCarnival GloryCaribbean Princess repositioning ● Norwegian Jewel CTN ● Carnival LegendCarnival GloryCelebrity SummitIsland Princess through Panama Canal ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Carnival Dream CTNCarnival LibertyCarnival Triumph Carnival Miracle ● Norwegian Dawn ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Emerald PrincessRC Explorer of the SeasCrown PrincessCaribbean PrincessCarnival FantasyCarnival ImaginationCarnival Victory

Old March 6th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

We're a quick drive away so can really arrive anytime we like. I'd like to get there to explore the ship and spend as much time on it as possible. I know I'll be anxious to get that vacation started!! I think our plan will be to get there aroun 11:30 so we can board as soon as they allow us.

Thanks for the info!!

Old March 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Check in and boarding are two different processes. Check in can begin around 10:30, security screening, then credit card processing and getting room keys (the earlier the better has been my experience in being ahead of the crowds). If on the front end of check in, you will be directed to a sitting area and wait for the ship to be ready for boarding. If you are later, then after you process through check in, you go directly on board. And...let the vacation begin.

Old March 6th, 2012, 11:35 PM
10,000+ Club

All the above. Then, yes, head to the MDR and have a nice easy lunch, and your first vacation drink. Tour a bit if needed then head to your room.
NCL Spirit New Orleans 11/25/07...................NCL Spirit New England 9/30/07....................NCL Spirit -NYC , 9/29/07
NCL Sun from New Orleans 3/25/07... ........NCL Jewel Barcelona-Miami 10/21/06..........QM2 from New York to England 4/15/06
Alaska via Princess Dawn 5/30/05...................Seabourn Pride:NY-FL-Nassau, 10/17/04....Alaska via Carnival Spirit 6/2/04

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
10,000+ Club

Yes, you can board earlier. If the rooms aren't ready, there is a lounge where you can check your carry-on items. Go have lunch, explore the ship.

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you all for the info. Roger001, great to know checkin can start even earlier. I'm so excited to get started that I will get there as soon as I can (of course I still have 20 months to go).

Thanks again for all the hlepful info!!