Over the water Nellie Cabana, which one did you have

armywifefisher

I don't recall the number, but it was the furthest cabana on the right over the water as you stand on Nellies Beach. There is a path behind it that takes you over to Barefoot Beach where they serve lunch.

Picture to follow.

Not sure of the number, but if you're facing the water on Nellies, we had the 3rd over water cabana on the left hand side.

We shared the stairs leading down to the water with another cabana.

But if anyone in your party has mobility issues, I wouldn't recommend taking those steps down.

The only over the water cabana that I saw with easy access to the water via a ramp, was the first cabana as you're facing the water on Nellies.

I don't know how they're assigned. We just got a call a day or two before Labadee reminding us of the Cabana and telling us what to expect. I think they were already assigned at that point.

My understanding is the cabanas are now being assigned already when you arrive....I believe that this is also the way that the Barefoot ones are going towards also....not sure the concierges will be doing the assigning on them in future.

My understanding is the cabanas are now being assigned already when you arrive....I believe that this is also the way that the Barefoot ones are going towards also....not sure the concierges will be doing the assigning on them in future.

Cabanas are assigned, however, we were on the FOS 7/8/12 cruise, we got there early and asked for the last cabana on the right over the water instead of the one assigned to us. The person who took us there said "no problem" and gave us the one we wanted.

Cabanas are assigned, however, we were on the FOS 7/8/12 cruise, we got there early and asked for the last cabana on the right over the water instead of the one assigned to us. The person who took us there said "no problem" and gave us the one we wanted.

how many are consdiered "over the water" and how many are considered hillside?

We were the last cabana on the left as you face the water from the beach. We had what amounted to a ladder directly into the water. Our view was awesome, almost panoramic. It was a longer walk to the buffet, but not bad. Don't remember the number. This is the one they assigned to us.

Pictures

View from cabana

th_d6495fc3.jpg

Looking into cabana

th_340d0305.jpg

New to these boards......all posts are so informative......have booked 'over the water' cabana on Nellie's beach and just concerned if access to cabana's require climbing ladder from the water, etc. Do 'over the water' cabanas have 'rear' entrance from the beach? Interested in Cabana NW4 (MouseGirl). Sorry if these questions have been answered on other threads. Any suggestions, info is much appreciated.

New to these boards......all posts are so informative......have booked 'over the water' cabana on Nellie's beach and just concerned if access to cabana's require climbing ladder from the water, etc. Do 'over the water' cabanas have 'rear' entrance from the beach? Interested in Cabana NW4 (MouseGirl). Sorry if these questions have been answered on other threads. Any suggestions, info is much appreciated.

There is an entrance to the cabana from the side but it requires you to traverse sand. Some cabanas are easier to get to the water from the cabana and others have the ladder arrangement.

Our cabana, NW4, had stone steps up from the beach leading to the back entrance of the cabana and then a ladder off the front of the cabana going down into the water. You have to walk across the sand on the beach to get to the steps leading to the cabana, but the climb up the steps isn`t bad at all.

Good luck with your booking. I know you will love it at Nellie`s Beach...

Archived