Carnival, please control your CREW!!!!!

Girlsnightout

Just returned from the Glory April 16th sailing, so I don't have much time. This was our first cruise on Carnival (we are seasoned cruisers), and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with most aspects of the cruise. I will go into detail later, but there were 3 big disappointments, one, the kiddie pool was closed for maintenance the entire cruise, two, this was no fault of Carnival's, but three, 30-something women (I use the term loosely) staying nearby who came in falling down drunk, swearing, banging on their walls at 2:30 am and yelling down the halls that they were, and I quote, "Having sex tonight!". A real class act these tramps were, at least security was finally able to shut them up.

Finally, the last and major disappointment, which I still can't believe, was the CREW party that went on beneath us from 12-3:00 am, the final night of the cruise, complete with loud shouting, music, and pounding on our floors, (their ceiling). We had an outside cabin on deck 1, crew is on deck 0. I and the woman in the cabin next to me called the pursors desk a total of 7 or 8 times between us, and all they could tell us was "security has been called and we've documented your complaint". I told them to wake up a manager and send them down to take care of the problem and they told me they couldn't wake anyone up. Nice, they can keep their guests awake all night, but god forbid they wake up a manager.:mad:

To me this is incredible, that they would allow the crew to torment their guests like this. I haven't been able to reach anyone at Carnival HQ yet, so I have no idea what their response to this will be. We had to disembark early the next am and couldn't speak to anyone onboard.

Good luck trying to get in touch with Carnival reps. I was on the Glory which only made one of the scheduled ports due to propulsion problems. After a couple of months, we finally got a response. ($150 off our next cruise [sail and sign card} for missing two of the three scheduled ports) Their customer service department is horrible. :mad:

Well, maybe 1am is the only time they ARENT working - either way, if a guest complains - they should tone it down...ya know? Hell if i knew i was bothering a cre member trying to sleep below me, i'd quiet it down too

GNO, that's awful what you went through with the crew. I wonder if this is common - could explain why on the day of debarkation they never appear to be themselves. You might have better luck sending a letter rather than the phone calls. It doesn't seem like anyone has much luck calling them.

And the 30 something "women" - makes you wonder if they act like this at home. I definitely wouldn't be very happy to be listening to this at 1:30 in the morning! Hope your next cruise is better!

Earplugs would have solved two of the problems. Sorry you had a bad time.

Here we go again - blame the Cruiser for management problems. How dare she call and complain - after all, she is a "guest" and Carnival is her "host".

Here we go again - blame the Cruiser for management problems. How dare she call and complain - after all, she is a "guest" and Carnival is her "host".

Geesh, everyone is so defensive today :p I did not see the poster bashing or blaming the OP... but one of the things on the packing lists posted around here is earplugs, and maybe the poster was just trying to be helpful to others that might read this? Let's not be so quick to jump to conclusions without the benefit of face to face and TONE...

We have always seen the crew in the disco until the very very wee hours... which is always "interesting"... but I believe if they didn't keep quiet below me, I might just have to march my way down there and.... join them :o

DW and I were on the same cruise and GNO, sorry you had a tough cabin location. The cabin doors are not very sound proof, so noisy hall mates are a big potential problem.

We didn't have the late night noise, but the deck crew woke us promptly at 6:30 am setting chairs above our room. We used the occasion to get up, reserve our spot on deck, and go back to sleep :). Glad we didn't have any parties below us though, that would be annoying. I'm surprised crew parties are allowed in their rooms.

Karl & Jamie

Geesh, everyone is so defensive today :p I did not see the poster bashing or blaming the OP... but one of the things on the packing lists posted around here is earplugs, and maybe the poster was just trying to be helpful to others that might read this?

This is correct. I wasn't bashing anyone and in fact was pointing out that earplugs might be a good idea. I'm adding them to my list.

DW and I were on the same cruise and GNO, sorry you had a tough cabin location. The cabin doors are not very sound proof, so noisy hall mates are a big potential problem.

We didn't have the late night noise, but the deck crew woke us promptly at 6:30 am setting chairs above our room. We used the occasion to get up, reserve our spot on deck, and go back to sleep :). Glad we didn't have any parties below us though, that would be annoying. I'm surprised crew parties are allowed in their rooms.

Karl & Jamie

Run and hide you are about to get flamed to death - who would admit to being a chair hog around here:confused:

To me this is incredible, that they would allow the crew to torment their guests like this. I haven't been able to reach anyone at Carnival HQ yet, so I have no idea what their response to this will be. We had to disembark early the next am and couldn't speak to anyone onboard.
The address to write to is:

Carnival Cruise Line

3655 N.W. 87th Ave.

Miami, FL 33178-2428

Include as many details as possible including sail dates, booking number, etc. Be polite yet firm. And, my usual technique for sending in a complaint letter is to send it certified-return receipt requested. That way, they can't deny they ever received the letter.

We used the occasion to get up, reserve our spot on deck, and go back to sleep.

No, I'm not saying anything negative.:rolleyes: Just wondering if your 'saved' chairs still had your "things" on them when you returned to claim them? I understand they're usually tossed aside.

They will get a registered letter AND as many phone calls as I can make. I found the disrespect for their customer's comfort appalling.

The kids had a great time except for the younger ones, who were unable to swim the entire week because of the pool closure. Food was better than I expected, room was nicer than I expected, dining and room (steward) service were excellent. No problem with chair hogs, we stayed on the fore sun deck, which wasn't too crowded. I had hoped for more evening entertainment, especially comedians that started before 12:00 am and production shows more than twice a week. Despite Carnival's claim to be going after a more upscale, family market, it's pretty evident that they are having a hard time shaking their party hardy image...I don't think I'd sail them again, especially if I get no satisfaction about our complaint. I guess I'm more of a Celebrity/Princess/HAL style cruiser, I don't like having to pack earplugs for the family on vacation.

PS. Sgriff, sorry you missed those women on your cruises, they were pretty EASY to find, a different guy found them every night..;) !

Guess that shows why the cabins on the bottom are cheaper. Guess there is still some truth in You get what you pay for.

I disagree. There is absolutely no excuse for employees of a cruiseline to keep awake guests no matter where their cabin is located, or how much it costs. My mom spends thousands every year on a cruise for her children and grandchildren as a very generous gift. For that, she and her guests shouldn't expect to be harassed.

No one should have to buy a top level cabin just to ensure quiet. I've cruised in every type cabin from the Royal Family suite (on RCL) to insides on lower decks, and expect quiet and respect in all of them.

This problem should have been addressed quickly by management on the ship. The crew does have areas for recreation etc away from cruisers cabins. It sounds like this was in one of the crew persons rooms. A letter to the cruiseline would be appropriate so that they can adress this problem with management on the ship that night. If it gave you a poor nights sleep it is going to happen to others. With the high level of competiion among cruise lines for patrons, every letter is addressed. A happy customer tells 5 people, an unhappy customer tells 20, or in this case maybe thousands.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

LOL, I knew the 'chair saving' note would spark some comments. OK, I admit it, I'm a chair hog.

All I'll say is, when I got up at 6:30, there were a good many chairs already spoken for shall we say.

As for moved items, we made sure NOT to use the traditional Carnival towels, brought our own bright orange ones. The three days that we did 'reserve' chairs, we never had them touched.

Now, when we went to lunch, after being on them for three hours or so, it was disconcerting to come back to find teenagers laying on our chairs AND our towels. I don't think that taking a lunch break constitutes chair hogging. Don't want to hijack the thread though, just a warning to watch those teens, they don't understand that laying on someone elses towel might be offensive.

In any case, I agree with other posters that the price of the room should not indicate the quality of experience from the consideration stand point. Unruly crew or passengers are uncalled for, and I'm sorry to hear about the noise problems, especially the drunks. Still, with over 3000 guests, I was impressed with how security kept things in order from what I saw.

Karl & Jamie

Karl & Jamie

I'm in shock someone who admits to saving chairs!!!I can't believe it~!!!!

Let me guess your kids are the rowdy ones too.!!

Carla

I was impressed with how security handled the drunken guests (apparently they threatened to disembark them). I guess they don't have the same kind of clout with the crew, who just disregarded them completely. I get the feeling that the crew regards ships security like the keystone cops. They really should've woken up the Hotel Director, they might have listened to him.

LOL, I knew the 'chair saving' note would spark some comments. OK, I admit it, I'm a chair hog.

All I'll say is, when I got up at 6:30, there were a good many chairs already spoken for shall we say.

As for moved items, we made sure NOT to use the traditional Carnival towels, brought our own bright orange ones. The three days that we did 'reserve' chairs, we never had them touched.

Now, when we went to lunch, after being on them for three hours or so, it was disconcerting to come back to find teenagers laying on our chairs AND our towels. I don't think that taking a lunch break constitutes chair hogging. Don't want to hijack the thread though, just a warning to watch those teens, they don't understand that laying on someone elses towel might be offensive.

In any case, I agree with other posters that the price of the room should not indicate the quality of experience from the consideration stand point. Unruly crew or passengers are uncalled for, and I'm sorry to hear about the noise problems, especially the drunks. Still, with over 3000 guests, I was impressed with how security kept things in order from what I saw.

Karl & Jamie

Hi ya all . . . just curious about saving deck chairs. You said that you saved your's at 6:30 a.m. and there were already "a good number of chairs already spoken for." When did ya all actually go back and sit in your chairs and were the other chairs that had been saved occupied? I never really have had a problem with getting a deck chair by the pool . . . but, I'm usually up and ready to "stay" in my chair around seven-thirty or eight in the morning. But then again . . . I've never cruised on a ship as large (or with as many passengers) as I will be next week. I've heard that chair saving on Triumph really is a problem and keeps a lot of people from being able to sit in a chair by the pools because so many "save" chairs that are never used.

Archived