Carnival, please control your CREW!!!!!

Girlsnightout

LadyC, not a problem... just toss the stuff overboard :p Actually, if you let a crewmember know, they will take the stuff and put it in the lost and found... They can't complain, they know the rules... don't feel guilty :D Likely you won't have a problem at that time of the morning though... you might have a problem if you have to be right up on the pool... but many of them will be saved... toss it! ;)

LadyC.

We were always out by 7:30 or 8:00. Saw a lot of chairs that were not occupied until after 10:00 or later.

Yes, there were still many/most chairs available by 7:30 or 8:00, but after that, there were mostly singles and upper decks.

Karl & Jamie

They will get a registered letter AND as many phone calls as I can make. I found the disrespect for their customer's comfort appalling.

The kids had a great time except for the younger ones, who were unable to swim the entire week because of the pool closure. Food was better than I expected, room was nicer than I expected, dining and room (steward) service were excellent. No problem with chair hogs, we stayed on the fore sun deck, which wasn't too crowded. I had hoped for more evening entertainment, especially comedians that started before 12:00 am and production shows more than twice a week. Despite Carnival's claim to be going after a more upscale, family market, it's pretty evident that they are having a hard time shaking their party hardy image...I don't think I'd sail them again, especially if I get no satisfaction about our complaint. I guess I'm more of a Celebrity/Princess/HAL style cruiser, I don't like having to pack earplugs for the family on vacation.

PS. Sgriff, sorry you missed those women on your cruises, they were pretty EASY to find, a different guy found them every night..;) !

Let's face it, Carnival is for people who like to party. That's the reason I like it. Noise is not really an issue for me because i'm usually one of the ones out partying at 2 or 3 a.m. Now, I'm not condoning screaming obscenities in the hallways. That's just rude. But the crew threw one late night party and ready to call corporate and write letters and stuff? Gimme a break. You say you are a "seasoned cruiser". Then you should know that noise can be an issue on cruise ships. There's a reason that many people go to the great effort of bringing ear plugs. They're often needed. I would agree that you should stay with HAL or Celebrity. I hear their ships are pretty quiet at night.

GNO so sorry that you had problems with the noise. However, a large group of us sailed on the Glory July 24, 2004 and we all stayed on the Riviera Deck also. We never heard any noise...and in the crews defense, you questioned 1:00 am. Well after talking to many of them (all of which who were the BEST we have ever had on 8 previous cruises) many of them work 16-20 hour days. They have very little time for fun and it usually isn't until this time when they are done waiting on all of us! Maybe, just maybe there was a very special ocassion that they were celebrating. I don't think there is one of us who hasn't at one time or another been a little too loud somewhere...especially in a large group. Now if this continued every night then I think you had a very legitimate reason to be upset. Let us not forget that these are the same people who make our cruise fun to be on with all of the pampering. I imagine if you went down into their deck there are more times that the passengers keep them awake because of noise on the decks. I'm very defensive towards this crew because of the wonderful service I received and the constant smiles they always had regardless if they had a sleepless night or not. I even wrote a note to Bob Dickinson commending the staff and crew when I got home. I 'm not flaming you but I just hope you try to see their side also. This could also happen on any ship....on any line...at any time. But it probably doesn't happen very often or the crew would be dismissed. I hope you don't let this stop you from cruising with Carnival again.

Lessons Learned: Dont book a Level 1 cabin, I have heard of Level 0 noises on other Threads, anything above riveria deck is ok.

Not to change the subject, but I happen to PREFER the Riviera deck!!!I have found it to be LESS noisy and LESS motion. Just my opinion!! I also have never encountered what the OP has experienced but I think what she is upset about is how the situation was handled and not he fact that the crew were having a party! She paid alot of money to be on that ship, no matter what deck she was on, and it is the crew's job to make her experience the best they can, NOT make it WORSE!!

I am usually anti-whiner, but I have to go with the OP on this one. Read the original post again, the main focus of her complaint is not the crew partying, it is the lack of action taken once the complaint is registered. Action should have been taken IF things were out of hand. The crew knows there are guest sleeping above and had no business banging on the ceiling.

LadyC, not a problem... just toss the stuff overboard :p Actually, if you let a crewmember know, they will take the stuff and put it in the lost and found... They can't complain, they know the rules... don't feel guilty :D Likely you won't have a problem at that time of the morning though... you might have a problem if you have to be right up on the pool... but many of them will be saved... toss it! ;)

GC . . . believe me . . . I'll have no problem taking a towel, book, suntan lotion, etc. to a crew member as "abondoned property" (legal term for "use it or lose it"). ;)

LadyC.

We were always out by 7:30 or 8:00. Saw a lot of chairs that were not occupied until after 10:00 or later.

Yes, there were still many/most chairs available by 7:30 or 8:00, but after that, there were mostly singles and upper decks.

Karl & Jamie

Thanks . . . was so hoping that ya all would say that you were back within the hour and wouldn't say something like . . . "ah, sometime after brunch . . . around ten or eleven." Tee Hee . . . you would have been in for a rash of negative posts for sure. While I don't think it's really nice to save chairs . . . (put your butt in the chair not a towel . . . :p ) . . . it's those that save bunches of chairs at daybreak and don't show up for hours and hours (if ever) that I think most people have a problem with.

I know they need to have some free time but they can't be bothering the guests.

I agree. Does this ship not have a crew bar? That is where they shoujld have been... Something should have been done... they have places for the crew to party and have fun, but it should not affect PAX. Thankfully it was just for a couple hours and not every single night... They should have had the 2nd or 3rd purser do something....

Let's face it, Carnival is for people who like to party.

Sorry to hear that, I thought they were trying so hard to shed that image.

You say you are a "seasoned cruiser". Then you should know that noise can be an issue on cruise ships. There's a reason that many people go to the great effort of bringing ear plugs. They're often needed. I would agree that you should stay with HAL or Celebrity. I hear their ships are pretty quiet at night.

I've never had one bit of noise on my 5 previous cruises. If I felt the need to bring earplugs to sleep in my own room, I wouldn't choose to cruise. I'm starting to think that my upcoming Carnival cruise is a mistake. I think the OP might be right when she suggested staying with another line. This really disappoints me.

I've never had one bit of noise on my 5 previous cruises. If I felt the need to bring earplugs to sleep in my own room, I wouldn't choose to cruise. I'm starting to think that my upcoming Carnival cruise is a mistake. I think the OP might be right when she suggested staying with another line. This really disappoints me.

Joy, please don't think it's a mistake... this was an isolated incident and while it should have been handled correctly, it only lasted for a few hours the last night of the cruise... but I don't think it is a common occurence. Sure, there are certain areas of the ship that will be a little more noisy, like anywhere, but your TA will work with you to make sure you are in a proper location... Carnival is for everyone, not just party people, not just families, not just singles... it is for all, and it is the fun ship!!!!!!!! Have a great cruise!!!

I have been on sixteen cruises with Carnival and have only had one time where the noice bothered me and the Pursers desk took care of it. On the Destiny our cabin was over the aft lounge and the band went until two in the morning. Our cabin was directly over the bandstand and the bass made our room shake. After complaining the bass was turned down and there were no more problems. I believe that the OP's problem was an isolated incident. If I had to take ear plugs on a cruise then I would rather skip that ship or line.

As far as the party image, Carnival has worked hard to change their image and IMHO they have done a good job of it. Carnival is not the party till you puke line that some make out for it to be and it is not just for people who like to party. I have been on some of their ships where the sidewalks rolled up at 11:00 and everything was quite.

Guess that shows why the cabins on the bottom are cheaper. Guess there is still some truth in You get what you pay for.

Uhhhh, Gimme a Break ! what is this with blaming the cruiser / poster for everything !

We had a cabin on the Verandah deck (8C ?) and lots of noise from the Lido / Pool deck above us.......

I believe people have the right to expect certain basics, no matter what they pay !

I think the OP has a right to be Very Very Upset !

x

Uhhhh, Gimme a Break ! what is this with blaming the cruiser / poster for everything !

We had a cabin on the Verandah deck (8C ?) and lots of noise from the Lido / Pool deck above us.......

I believe people have the right to expect certain basics, no matter what they pay !

x

Blaming the cruiser is SOP here (sometimes). God forbid if someone should have a problem...The standard answers are...deal with it...quit cruising... you're cruising during the time when hot-hormonal boys are out (so deal with it)...or the best...a drum roll please....you're a WHINER! And now add...the crew can do as they please, and if you're at the bottom of the boat, you what you get (because you paid less).

I know I should stay away from these threads, but they're like a train wreck. It's hard not to look.

I think the OP also has a right to be very upset.

Blaming the cruiser is SOP here (sometimes). God forbid if someone should have a problem...The standard answers are...deal with it...quit cruising... you're cruising during the time when hot-hormonal boys are out (so deal with it)...or the best...a drum roll please....you're a WHINER! And now add...the crew can do as they please, and if you're at the bottom of the boat, you what you get (because you paid less).

I know I should stay away from these threads, but they're like a train wreck. It's hard not to look.

Twinkle . . . I couldn't agree more. One should not have to pack ear plugs for a cruise . . . especially when it's the cruise's crew that is making the noise. And for those that feel as if Carnival can do no wrong - no matter what . . . well, no cruise or cruise line is perfect . . .

What gets me is the Name Calling...it goes on all the time....

Plus they take over entire posts and just overwhelm it.....

Am I the only one who feels this way ?

The other Day when "A Certain Poster" called someone a Whiner..(which goes on all the time)....i finally had enough and said something something in reaction........

AND I got an e-mail from Cruise Critic about MY Behavior ! There is obviously some Bias

OK, so, when you experienced noise in your cabin on verandah deck, how many letters did you write to corporate? Were you compensated for your inconvenience? Im not standing up for Carnival out of any sort of loyalty. I don't own stock. What's my motivation? I'm just saying that if my biggest complaint was a period of 3 hours that were noisy, I'd consider that a successful cruise. I certainly wouldn't be writing letters to HQ.

Sticking in my 2 cents worth here.....

Personally, I don't think that under any circumstances should a guest have to endure such a situation from either fellow PAX or crew....Read the OP...this noise went on for a couple of hours.....this is definetly not OK in my book and something should have been done.

It is true that you might expect certain noises to affect your cabin on certain areas of the ship....Lido chairs being moved, music etc. I have never experienced this and don't care where on the ship my cabin is. BUT if you are someone who cares about this sort of thing you have the ability to select your cabin based on that. There is no way that a person can select a cabin and predict "personal" noise from a fellow Pax or a crew member.

If you were back in your home and a neighbor was making a racket of this nature and at this hour someone might just call the police and complain. AND expect that something would be done. Expectations should be no different at sea.

I am often one of the people out enjoying the music and dancing until the wee hours. I am a single mom and whether I am sailing with my kids or solo I always like to take advantage of the fact that I can be a "single woman" and enjoy late night fun on a cruise (one of the reasons I have only sailed Carnival - regardless of the "newer image" it is still a FunShip!) I am always very careful to be quiet in the cabin areas and in my cabin or on the balcony when I finally turn in for the night.

OK, so, when you experienced noise in your cabin on verandah deck, how many letters did you write to corporate? Were you compensated for your inconvenience? Im not standing up for Carnival out of any sort of loyalty. I don't own stock. What's my motivation? I'm just saying that if my biggest complaint was a period of 3 hours that were noisy, I'd consider that a successful cruise. I certainly wouldn't be writing letters to HQ.

I did not write any letters.....I learned that when you book a Gaurantee Cabin you don't always get a great room !

I do have to say.....that being deprived of 3 hours sleep due to a something that could have been controlled is Not Acceptable!

That can ruin the entire next day of your vacation.

(we once booked a room in a hotel that hosted a all night High School Graduation party without warning us)

What gets me is the Name Calling...it goes on all the time....

Plus they take over entire posts and just overwhelm it.....

Am I the only one who feels this way ?

The other Day when "A Certain Poster" called someone a Whiner..(which goes on all the time)....i finally had enough and said something something in reaction........

AND I got an e-mail from Cruise Critic about MY Behavior ! There is obviously some Bias

The name calling is wild...and uncalled for. I think people should be able to say they have a complaint, and not have their heads chewed off.

I will say that if I am spending my hard earned dollars for a service, and the employees are making a racket (I don't care if it's a hotel, restaurant, cruise ship or whatever), I find it totally unacceptable. The cost of the services is irrelevant. I am the customer...the one who pays for the service, and in turn, the one that makes the paycheck possible. Hooping and hollering it up, banging on the ceilings, and so on, is unacceptable. They can have a party...I understand that they have signed on for a long time at sea, but they need to do it in a fashion that does not disturb the paying customers.

We own a business, and we value our customers. We treat them like GOLD, because we want them as return customers.

I know this is a forum, and everyone has their own opinions. I just feel for anyone who posts that they had problems while cruising. Many understand...but some seem to make excuses for everything. And for the record, I am not talking about anyone on this thread. I'm talking in general terms...because I have seen this going on for years (here).

I feel the same way you do, voyagerfl.

Archived