Considering Baltic 2014 on Voyager

Mudhen

We're thinking about the Voyager in 2014. Over the past couple of months, I've read some miserable reports about issues with propulsion. Has that been resolved? Are there any really bad cabins or areas to avoid on this ship? Would appreciate any thoughts, advice on this ship........Looking to book in the next few days, but would like advice on cabins........what's good, what's not. Thanks in advance.

There is definite vibration in the rear of the ship. It doesn't bother some people (me included), but it drives my husband nuts. SO, book a suite forward of the rear set of elevators.

Voyager is our favorite ship. The vibration can definitely be avoided. We have never encountered any propulsion problems fortunately.

We love the Voyager. We were on Beijing to Bangkok cruise this March and had a propulsion problem It caused us to skip a port. The problem was fixed in Hong Kong and no more issues after that. It was smooth sailing. We have always booked a midship cabin and felt no vibrations whatsover. Voyager is a beautiful ship and the Baltic cruise is wonderful. We did it August 2009. It's a port intensive cruise but every port is wonderful. Regent spends three nights in St. Petersburg so you get to see all the important sights. Book the cruise and enjoy it.

My wife and I sailed the Baltic ininerary a few years back and were in a Horizonview cabin - you don't get more aft than that! There was a vibration and some rattling in the cabin but not enough to bother either of us nor interrupt our sleep. I wouldn't hesitate to book this cruise or this ship.

Oh, and the three days in St Petersburg? Excellent. I'd prefer a few weeks! :D

We love the Voyager. We were on Beijing to Bangkok cruise this March and had a propulsion problem It caused us to skip a port. The problem was fixed in Hong Kong and no more issues after that. It was smooth sailing. We have always booked a midship cabin and felt no vibrations whatsover. Voyager is a beautiful ship and the Baltic cruise is wonderful. We did it August 2009. It's a port intensive cruise but every port is wonderful. Regent spends three nights in St. Petersburg so you get to see all the important sights. Book the cruise and enjoy it.

We are going on the Voyager Baltic cruise in August. Was wondering if we will be tendered from the ship at all ports or actually dock in port? I was on a very small ship (80 passengers) on my last Baltic cruise & we docked at every port.

Thanks!

We actually docked in Visby. The captain said it was the first time the Voyager had ever docked there. A storm did come up in the afternoon and there was some question whether we were going to be able to leave at the scheduled time.

It's a great itinerary!!

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Mudhen: we re also looking at a Baltic cruise with Regent. There is one with 2 sea days and 3 days in St. Petersburg. Trying to juggle schedule between volunteer obligations, assisting elderly mother with her bills, etc. and maybe the June cruise's 12 days might fit. Not too long, not too short,..

Whoa! when does one get to book the excursions? Or should I ask how soon should we be paying off the cruise so we can book the excursions?

Archived