Oasis of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ Solo Picture Review

mpoole3

Oasis of The Seas November 2 - November 9 Eastern Caribbean

Hello All - Just returned from the Oasis of The Seas.

Little bit about myself: I'm 28 years old, from East Tennessee - (home of those Great Smokey mountains!) I am not new to cruising, as this was my 14th sailing and my last 11 have been with Royal Caribbean. I cruised solo for the 2nd time and left the girlfriend at home, she is not happy with me, but I did show her my pictures! I sailed on the Allure two years ago and intend to do things I missed on her - like zip line on the worlds largest cruise ship! Okay, I know 2nd largest, but "world's largest" sounds a lot more exciting and does a few inches really count?

Topics I'll discuss on this review include, but certainly not limited to are: Premium drink package-oh yeah! Six-specially restaurants-hey I like to eat, boardwalk balcony, entrainment, port days-beaches, & overall service. One more important thing, is my review is written in real time, as it occurs. I enjoy writing my review from the ship, as details are fresh on my mind. I'll go ahead and apologize if I slip off topic a little, but we can blame it on the drink package!

Cameras used for this review include: Canon 60D with 135mm lens, Nikon AW 110, iPhone 4S, iPad mini.

Okay guys here we go & please if you have questions, ask!

So I know this is not recommend and always gives me a little butterflies. But I typically fly in the day of the cruise, life's short so why not live on the edge a little. My flight was out of Nashville, TN at 8:00 am & landed around 11:00 am. Nothing to really write about here, just a typical flight on Southwest - you know where bags fly FREE!

IMG_0467_zpsbf26568b.jpg

Once I landed I picked up my bag, which took about 30 minutes to come out, in fact I actually started to panic because most everyone had already received their bags. Once my bag finally arrived (11:30) I went outside to see the longest line ever for a taxi, which took around 20-25 min.

photo1_zpse196549a.jpg

The cost of this crazy ride was $16.00 (with tip) & not sure how I made it out of that cab alive.

IMG_0469_zpsef9e398a.jpg

Day 1 - Fort Lauderdale:

There she was, all shinny and happy to welcome 5000+ new passengers. Let's just hope the crew is just as excited to welcome us. Pulled up to the $30 million dollar terminal for the Oasis class ships.

IMG_0473_zps44f03344.jpg

Dropped my bags off with the porter, tipped $2 for my one bag and off I went. I forgot to print off my luggage tag, so they put one on for you, but just know your cabin number or look at set to sail paperwork.

IMG_0474_zpsc1f6330d.jpg

Enjoying your review. Hope you have as good a time as I did when I sailed solo on her 3 weeks ago. I was also in a balcony boardwalk room and loved it (10715). I am on the Oasis on Sat. in another boardwalk balcony room, 3 doors down from where I was on the Allure. Have a great cruise!

Enjoying your review. Hope you have as good a time as I did when I sailed solo on her 3 weeks ago. I was also in a balcony boardwalk room and loved it (10715). I am on the Oasis on Sat. in another boardwalk balcony room, 3 doors down from where I was on the Allure. Have a great cruise!

I stayed in 10313 - more on that to come.

Once I walked onboard I went straight to chops grill to make my RSVP. I purchased the Central Park package online, but some of the venues you must book in person. This was pretty easy and actually made my 150 Central Park RSVP at chops. (Thanks to CC for that one)

So now there was only one thing to do... Head to Park Cafe for a roast beef sandwich! At this point it was 12:30 and not a single person in line, however all the tables were full. I swear these sandwiches just get better with every cruise or maybe it was the Stella that made it so good. Bottom line: Don't miss Park Cafe and the famous roast beef.

photo2_zps39c55cea.jpg

Hi there, this will be fun. We sailed with you but I don't think we met. Did you come to the Diamond Lounge in Blaze? We were there every night. :D

I wish! I was only at 73 points when I sailed...I am now Diamond for the next cruise.

My husband and I were on the Oasis in September and we enjoyed those roast beef sandwiches. We met a great couple and we are all cruising on the Indy on the March 29th sailing!

Hey! I'm booked on the Indy for the march 29th sailing!!

Did you wear a jacket for formal night? We are leaving Saturday on the Oasis. I am trying to pack light- easiest to leave husbands jacket at home. Dont be mad at me- I have posted about the jacet a couple of times!! Julie

I wore a full suit & tie on both formal nights and my blazer 3 nights. Causal other nights for seafood shack party and last night windjammer.

I will upload more tomorrow. My team is playing on MNF. Miami Dolphins.

Edited by mpoole3

After lunch I headed to my Boardwalk balcony cabin (10313) right at 1:00. I think this is a great option for those who want to try something different. Sure I love the ocean balconies just as much as the other guy, but you can get that on any cruise. The cabin was a nice size and my view was fantastic. Being that I've had both boardwalk and Central Park balcony cabins, I'd pick boardwalk. I enjoy bring able to see open air in the aft and the aqua-shows right from the balcony. I found the Central Park balcony boring, but nice if you are looking for peace and quite.

View from balcony.

IMG_1203_zpsabffb948.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Tonight dinner plans are in Izumi. This is a first for me with Royal Caribbean, but I'm excited to try something different. My first impression was, “wow this place is empty!” They provide you with free soybeans and soup, which is a nice touch.

izuma2_zpse22dd38b.jpg

izuma3_zps3773e21c.jpg

I ordered the hot stones rock with all seafood. Does it get any better than this? I also ordered fried shrimp as a starter, which you see in the picture. The food was great and the service was even better. I actually asked for the manager to recognize Dora "the explorer" for her outstanding service.

Note: if you pre-book online it's $10 and you are basically purchasing a gift card/credit and must pay for anything over $10. Some man was in there throwing a fit about having to pay an extra fee for dinner-I was embarrassed for him. The only thing I didn't like about the evening is they were pushing hard for me to purchase the wine decanter for $40. I understand that it's her job to offer/demo how it works, but royal seems to be pushing these add on a lot lately.

izuma1_zpsf5bfc845.jpg