Cruise Transfers on Paul Gauguin

mk960072

Looking for information regarding cruise transfers on day of embarkation and debarkation from PGC in Pepetee. We have booked our own airfare, so can anyone tell me how much transfers cost an and can they be purchased through PGC.

Also, can anyone tell me if the transfer includes use of a day room at a local hotel while awaiting boarding on PGC and waiting on flight on day of debarkation. If there is a cost and reservations can be made with cruise line can you include in your posting? Many thanks!

Amy

• 3 weeks later...
It's A la Carte

Call PG Cruises as prices change

FYI, it's always cheaper to have them book everything unless one is using miles.

I spent the same for premium economy on Air France (and got assigned seats) as I would have spent with PG booking ATN cattle class with potluck seating, including the cost of transfers.

I spent the same for premium economy on Air France (and got assigned seats) as I would have spent with PG booking ATN cattle class with potluck seating, including the cost of transfers.

I have been on ATN eight times and always had assigned seats. On our recent trip we had our seat assignments 90 days pre-cruise.

Edited by MotuIslander

I have been on ATN eight times and always had assigned seats. On our recent trip we had our seat assignments 90 days pre-cruise.

Were you able to choose them? I have read where people didn't get seat assignments until arrival at the airport. I was able to choose the exact seats I wanted at booking.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Like ducklite, we are traveling via Air France. We chose standard economy seating and are saving hundreds over the PG inclusive pricing. We're able to pay for an extra day on Tahiti at the IC with the savings as well as have the satisfaction of knowing our seating arrangements at the time of booking. Our costs do not include transfers, but we are renting a car to explore both before and after the cruise and don't need them.

Apples to apples, the pricing is close when booking either through PG or on your own. However, as soon as you want to deviate from the standard process, such as we do with renting the car to explore as well as staying a day before and a day after, pricing can swing in your favor if you book on your own. Also, as ducklite said, you know exactly what flight you are on and where your seat will be if you book yourself. Personally, I have to have a window seat and I hate sitting over a wing. I know there's not a lot to see out the window when over the ocean, but I still need to be able to see what's out there. :D

One of the big deciding factors for us was the availability of the aisle/window combo on AF. DH gets his window, I get my aisle, and we have no one between us or next to us--which often means the neighbor is taking part of our seats, a huge pet peeve, especially on a long haul.

We always call ATN and book seats 6 months before the cruise.

Never gone with seats not assigned to us!

Price savings using PG air or not will depend largely on time of year. During the high season of summer the price savings are nil however otherwise you will be able to save a bit if you need to deviate from PG bookings.

To the OP, if you havent used PG air then may I suggest you look at the taxi and hotel yourself. I know Le meridien has a day room rate which may suit you. Otherwise look at booking the IC yourself . You will have to check out at 11 but you would do that with the PG room pricing too.

It doesnt hurt for you to look at the PG package as well and evaluate your options.

Have you actually taken the AF flights yet? I have read online in various places that their PE seats are very uncomfortable. Legroom yes, and extra width, but hard seats that don't properly recline. After reading this I decided to save our money and endure cattle call. But if you have further information, please share.

(I see from your signature that you haven't done this trip yet. Will be anxious to hear about the comfort of these seats when you return.)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

The seats have about the same width and legroom as typical domestic first class. I'll take a harder seat over not having the person in front of me reclining into my face for 10 hours. The seats don't recline fully, but then again neither do ATN's business class. The up charge was pretty minimal for the extra space, carry on allowance, and early boarding perks.

If I find the seat is too hard, I'll pull out my folding travel yoga mat and put it under my rump for extra padding.

Edited by ducklite

The seats have about the same width and legroom as typical domestic first class. I'll take a harder seat over not having the person in front of me reclining into my face for 10 hours. The seats don't recline fully, but then again neither do ATN's business class. The up charge was pretty minimal for the extra space, carry on allowance, and early boarding perks.

If I find the seat is too hard, I'll pull out my folding travel yoga mat and put it under my rump for extra padding.

Well, glad you have a good attitude about it. No doubt the seats have more room. I've read that they don't really decline, but slide forward at the bottom, and that the lumbar support is poor. I'm still tempted at $1500 per person, I admit. I've tried BA PE, and I'm about to try Cathay PE and I love the overall concept and form factor.

I wonder how the new ATN Economy seats are--they used to be fair.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Well, glad you have a good attitude about it. No doubt the seats have more room. I've read that they don't really decline, but slide forward at the bottom, and that the lumbar support is poor. I'm still tempted at $1500 per person, I admit. I've tried BA PE, and I'm about to try Cathay PE and I love the overall concept and form factor.

I wonder how the new ATN Economy seats are--they used to be fair.

They do recline, but in a pivoting motion. Basically you recline into your own space without it affecting those around you.

Are you saying an extra $1500 pp over the economy ticket? That's a LOT more than I paid.