Pricing is currently not available

islandwoman

I make it a habit to re-check prices of cruises I've booked. This morning I saw this error message for Island Princess' April 20, 2015 cruises:

Pricing is currently not available. Please try a different departure date or check back later or call 1-800-774-6237.

Should I assume prices are being changed, or could something else be going on?

Edited by islandwoman

I make it a habit to re-check prices of cruises I've booked. This morning I saw this error message for Island Princess' April 20, 2015 cruises:

Pricing is currently not available. Please try a different departure date or check back later or call 1-800-774-6237.

The sailing is likely going to be cancelled and instead the ship will be going to Europe for the summer instead of Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The sailing is likely going to be cancelled and instead the ship will be going to Europe for the summer instead of Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The sailing is cancelled. I received an email from my TA today.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

Please be advised that due to a change in Island Princess' scheduled dry dock, this voyage has been cancelled. Any payments made on your clients' bookings can transferred to a new voyage, including Coral Princess' 15-day Panama Canal cruise departing on April 12, 2015. Should your clients decide to rebook on an alternate sailing, they will receive an onboard credit of USD $30 per cabin and you will receive a AUD/CAD/USD $25 / GBP 16.25 bonus commission per booking. Should your clients decide not to rebook at this time, they will receive a full refund of all monies paid to Princess. If you have any questions, or to advise us of your clients' plans, please contact us at 1-800-774-6237 (North America); 1300 363 706 (Australia); or 0843 3740014 (United Kingdom). If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will cancel your clients' booking and process a refund back to the original method of payment. We apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause, and we look forward to welcoming your clients on board a Princess cruise soon.

Thanks for confirming it's been cancelled.

That's normally the case when the "prices are not available" thing comes up.

LuLu

It also comes up when a cruise is sold out, but that is obviously not the case for this cruise.

March 14/15 is definitely canceled. We got our email early this morning and I have talked to Princess twice today. They have booked us on the March 7 sailing of the Caribbean Princess and told me nothing would be finalized until the end of Februrary.

The sailing is cancelled. I received an email from my TA today.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

Please be advised that due to a change in Island Princess' scheduled dry dock, this voyage has been cancelled. Any payments made on your clients' bookings can transferred to a new voyage, including Coral Princess' 15-day Panama Canal cruise departing on April 12, 2015. Should your clients decide to rebook on an alternate sailing, they will receive an onboard credit of USD $30 per cabin and you will receive a AUD/CAD/USD $25 / GBP 16.25 bonus commission per booking. Should your clients decide not to rebook at this time, they will receive a full refund of all monies paid to Princess. If you have any questions, or to advise us of your clients' plans, please contact us at 1-800-774-6237 (North America); 1300 363 706 (Australia); or 0843 3740014 (United Kingdom). If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will cancel your clients' booking and process a refund back to the original method of payment. We apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause, and we look forward to welcoming your clients on board a Princess cruise soon.

Thank you billbo. I'm disappointed, but it's good to have as much advance notice as possible so that we can begin to look at alternatives. I haven't heard from my TA yet.

Our cruise for April 18, 2015 on the Caribbean Princess was cancelled today.

bummer :( I guess there's no point in rushing to research alternatives. It seems that Princess is in the process of redoing their spring 2014 itineraries.

March 14/15 is definitely canceled. We got our email early this morning and I have talked to Princess twice today. They have booked us on the March 7 sailing of the Caribbean Princess and told me nothing would be finalized until the end of Februrary.

So is this for 2014 or 2015? We on that same ship the week after. God I hope they don't cancel it, we are really looking forward to going on another cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year at this time there was a similar thread about cruises at the end of the published season being cancelled.

I guess booking a cruise that far in advance towards the end of a published schedule (at least with Princess) can lead to disappointment.

Here's the list of Golden and Island Cancellations:

Cancelled Sailings

Voyage Date Days Embark Disembark Itinerary ---------------- Recommended Replacement Voyages

5511 4/16/15 4 LAX LAX West Coast Getaway ----------------- Any 4-day or longer voyage

5512 4/20/15 4 LAX LAX West Coast Getaway ----------------- Any 4-day or longer voyage

5513 4/24/15 4 LAX LAX West Coast Getaway ----------------- Any 4-day or longer voyage

5514 4/28/15 4 LAX LAX West Coast Getaway ----------------- Any 4-day or longer voyage

2507 3/21/15 15 FLL LAX Panama Canal (Full Transit) -------- Voyage #6511 or 2505

2508 4/5/15 15 LAX FLL Panama Canal (Full Transit) ---------- Voyage #6511 or 2506

2509 4/20/15 15 FLL LAX Panama Canal (Full Transit) --------- Voyage #6511

2509A 4/20/15 18 FLL YVR Panama Canal Grand Adventure -- Voyage #6511A (20 day)

2510 5/5/15 3 LAX YVR Pacific Coastal ----------------------------- Voyage #6512 (5 day)

I have found a way to get in.

If it comes up again, go back one step, and it should show, 'If you are a past Princess cruiser, register here you may get a lower price', or words to that effect. Do so and you should get in. I always do.:)

john